$4.5M of Heavy Equip. Loaded On Beached Barge From Ocean Beach
847 16 2023-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MontaukDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1929918 ft
United States

Went HOG WILD on this one with the soundscape and spatial effects ( best with headphones!!! )

The Air2s performed like an absolute champ despite the wind being much stonger than I would have liked.  I shot at 2.7k just to keep file size down and even so the image is still spectacular.   I have to be honest though, I'm not real happy with the Expo rate adjustments... I've had some issues even adjusting where the slider goes out of view (Android) then can't be brought back (w/o all kinds of mucking around.) That makes me really anxious about adjustments in the field while working at the very least.

Anyway, all's well that ends well I guess... ENJOY!!!

2023-5-16
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Nice sound design.
2023-5-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Incredible viewing. What a major operation. Do I remember an earlier work you did (maybe last year) of the revetement work?
2023-5-16
Use props
MontaukDrone
Second Officer
United States

Depp Posted at 5-16 06:54
Nice sound design.

Thanks Depp!
2023-5-16
Use props
MontaukDrone
Second Officer
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-16 07:09
Incredible viewing. What a major operation. Do I remember an earlier work you did (maybe last year) of the revetement work?

Hi Blériot53, thank you! Yes indeed it has been an operation of monumental scale!

You are correct about an earlier work... the Montauk Historical Society has commissioned an entire series of drone videos related to the project and various elements of it.  More to come...
2023-5-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MontaukDrone Posted at 5-16 07:21
Hi Blériot53, thank you! Yes indeed it has been an operation of monumental scale!

You are correct about an earlier work... the Montauk Historical Society has commissioned an entire series of drone videos related to the project and various elements of it.  More to come...

A great project to follow
2023-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2023-5-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely amazing footage.    That was some really precise maneuvering going on.  
2023-5-16
Use props
MontaukDrone
Second Officer
United States

Hello Montfrooij, Thanks you so much for watching!
2023-5-16
Use props
MontaukDrone
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-16 12:09
Absolutely amazing footage.    That was some really precise maneuvering going on.

Hey DowntownRDB, Thank you for watching I'm so glad you enjoyed it!  I really did try to bring every shred of experience I've gathered into flying this one! This such a special and unique thing that is is about 100% certain to never happen again in my lifetime here in Montauk!
2023-5-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

MontaukDrone Posted at 5-16 13:07
Hey DowntownRDB, Thank you for watching I'm so glad you enjoyed it!  I really did try to bring every shred of experience I've gathered into flying this one! This such a special and unique thing that is is about 100% certain to never happen again in my lifetime here in Montauk!

You're very welcome.  No doubt that is a once in a lifetime project.  Seems like they hired the most experienced crew to do the job.  I was just doing a little online reading and that is quite the huge and complex revetment.  
2023-5-16
Use props
MontaukDrone
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-16 13:12
You're very welcome.  No doubt that is a once in a lifetime project.  Seems like they hired the most experienced crew to do the job.  I was just doing a little online reading and that is quite the huge and complex revetment.

It's really hard to appreciate the sheer magnitude of  the structure, especially considering the incredible degree of precision used in putting it together, down to the smallest details... I was directly involved with providing IT support at the lighthouse to set up networking for H&L Contracting to communicate from the office trailer, to and from the cabs of the Sennebogen and other machines, so the machine operators and engineers in the office could monitor the CAD drawings and positions of stones as they were set in real time, using 3D differential GPS... WHAAATTT!!?!?!  It has been one of the coolest projects EVER to be a part of and I've gotten to meet and work with some amazing people at H&L and the Army Corp!
2023-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MontaukDrone Posted at 5-16 13:03
Hello Montfrooij, Thanks you so much for watching!

You're welcome!
2023-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fantastic footage.   
2023-5-17
Use props
MontaukDrone
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 00:21
Fantastic footage.

Thank you DAFlys.. and thank you for watching!
2023-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

MontaukDrone Posted at 5-16 13:34
It's really hard to appreciate the sheer magnitude of  the structure, especially considering the incredible degree of precision used in putting it together, down to the smallest details... I was directly involved with providing IT support at the lighthouse to set up networking for H&L Contracting to communicate from the office trailer, to and from the cabs of the Sennebogen and other machines, so the machine operators and engineers in the office could monitor the CAD drawings and positions of stones as they were set in real time, using 3D differential GPS... WHAAATTT!!?!?!  It has been one of the coolest projects EVER to be a part of and I've gotten to meet and work with some amazing people at H&L and the Army Corp!

Wow.  Very nice that you had a hand in that project.   
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MontaukDrone Posted at 5-17 01:49
Thank you DAFlys.. and thank you for watching!

You're very welcome.
2023-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules