Phone goes crazy when connecting otg cable (Redmi 11 Pro)
414 8 2023-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WD1KrvUWSkCj
lvl.1
Greece

When I connect the otg cable to my phone (Redmi 11pro) a window with otg options pops up and closes fast and unstoppable. It doesn't give time to select an option. Everything is new and not defective. Then after a few seconds it connects to the app and works no problems. But I can't figure out why it does that at first connection. Other thing I noticed is that it charges my phone on connection.
How can I fix that?
2023-5-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_WD1KrvUWSkCj. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, we won't be able to locate the issue with the information provided above. In case the issue happens again, please provide us with a screen recording/video for us to check. In regards to the charging options, by default, charging is enabled and cannot be disabled for Android devices. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-5-16
Use props
dreamtuner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

As ironic as it is going to sound being DJI is a Chinese company as well, stay away from Chinese branded phones / tablets for using DJI Fly. Most of the times if not all, Chinese brands do not bake proper USB protocols  in their devices that DJI Fly or OTG usages require.
2023-5-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Start a screen capture app before you connect the phone to the controller so that you can review the message at a later time.
In what way does the phone go crazy? It sounds like it posts a message and then opens the app which, to me, does not sound crazy.
Are you switching the controller on before you connect the phone? Personally I prefer to  connect and disconnect the phone with the controller switched off.
2023-5-17
Use props
djiuser_WD1KrvUWSkCj
lvl.1
Greece

Thank you for your replies! I'll try to do a screen capture these days, also I try to have the controller switched of before connecting to phone and come back and report.
2023-5-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_WD1KrvUWSkCj Posted at 5-19 01:35
Thank you for your replies! I'll try to do a screen capture these days, also I try to have the controller switched of before connecting to phone and come back and report.

We'll look forward to your update. Thank you.
2023-5-22
Use props
djiuser_iJRJ2XJUsnsk
New

Italy

Il forum non mi permette di caricare un video ma anche il mio Xiaomi redme note 11 pro plus "impazzisce" quando collego il cavo USB al controller. Accendo il controller dopo averlo collegato ma non cambia nulla. Il telefono fa infiniti tentativi e infinite richieste per capire se deve solo caricare la batteria o trasferire e non riesce effettivamente a collegarsi col drone. In questo modo il drone è inutilizzabile. Molto fastidioso.
2023-5-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_iJRJ2XJUsnsk Posted at 5-30 02:25
Il forum non mi permette di caricare un video ma anche il mio Xiaomi redme note 11 pro plus "impazzisce" quando collego il cavo USB al controller. Accendo il controller dopo averlo collegato ma non cambia nulla. Il telefono fa infiniti tentativi e infinite richieste per capire se deve solo caricare la batteria o trasferire e non riesce effettivamente a collegarsi col drone. In questo modo il drone è inutilizzabile. Molto fastidioso.

Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble caused. Please upload the video on this link so we may check it further for you. Thank you.
2023-5-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

or post the video on youtube etc. and post a link here.
2023-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules