How do I turn off Quick Switch?
1774 6 2023-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BG213
lvl.1
United States

Hello. Is there a way to entirely turn off the Quick Switch function on my Osmo Action 3? I keep inadvertantly switching to Photo, press the shutter button thinking I am recording a video and then came back later and no video! I lost the whole thing I was trying to film! I need to be able to just turn QS off entirely since I never really use Photo function to begin with. Every time I go into the QR preferences I am not allowed to have less than 2 things to select on QS. I want to only select 1 thing, i.e. QS is OFF!
2023-5-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, BG213. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, the Quick Switch function cannot be turned off. I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.

Also, we would like to provide you with a suggestion, please set one custom mode to "video" mode in the Quick Switch option and keep&tick two options, one is custom video mode, and another is normal video mode so that switching to photo mode inadvertently will not happen again. Hope this helps.
2023-5-18
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-18 00:07
Hi, BG213. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, the Quick Switch function cannot be turned off. I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.

Also, we would like to provide you with a suggestion, please set one custom mode to "video" mode in the Quick Switch option and keep&tick two options, one is custom video mode, and another is normal video mode so that switching to photo mode inadvertently will not happen again. Hope this helps.

Think I will have to remove the Photo option myself.
2023-5-18
Use props
BG213
lvl.1
United States

For those following along at home what DJI Gamora suggested is quite clever. Simply make a C1 preset with your existing settings, then have Quick Switch only select between C1 and Video, de-selecting Photo and all other options. Now if you inadvertently hit the QS button it will select between Video, with your desired settings, and C1, which is set up identically. You will "switch" between them but with no actual changes in settings.

DJI Gamora: much thanks!
2023-5-18
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

May I suggest a much easier way of doing it? Simply memorize not to touch the QS button unless you turn the camera ON or OFF. Before going to bed, close your eyes, visualize the QS button, and keep repeating the mantra “Thou shall not touch the QS button during camera operation.” Burn it into your subconscious and before you know it, it will be second nature,
:-)
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

johansenfoto Posted at 5-18 00:57
Think I will have to remove the Photo option myself.

Glad that our suggestion helps you out as well, johansenfoto. Thank you for your support.
2023-5-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BG213 Posted at 5-18 19:52
For those following along at home what DJI Gamora suggested is quite clever. Simply make a C1 preset with your existing settings, then have Quick Switch only select between C1 and Video, de-selecting Photo and all other options. Now if you inadvertently hit the QS button it will select between Video, with your desired settings, and C1, which is set up identically. You will "switch" between them but with no actual changes in settings.

DJI Gamora: much thanks!

You're most welcome, BG213. Glad that our suggestion helps you. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum.
2023-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules