Maps for Pilot PE
1470 11 2023-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve Roks
lvl.1

Canada

Hi, wondering if anyone has figured out a work around for uploading maps for offline use with Pilot PE with mavic 2 pro ?  Right now the maps I am able to access online are worthless ?  I understand some people have figured out how to use DJI Pilot (not the PE version) for use with the Mavic 2 Pro.. any hints on where to look for info ?

2023-5-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Steve. Thank you for reaching out. DJI Pilot PE and DJI Pilot are only compatible with Enterprise drone. They are not compatible with Mavic 2 Pro. To see supported models, please go to this link: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-pilot-pe). Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-5-16
Use props
Steve Roks
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-16 16:51
Hi, Steve. Thank you for reaching out. DJI Pilot PE and DJI Pilot are only compatible with Enterprise drone. They are not compatible with Mavic 2 Pro. To see supported models, please go to this link: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-pilot-pe). Thank you for your kind understanding.

Hi and thanks for the reply.. from my research The Mavic 2 pro use to work with Pilot PE until last November ??

Here's a link from what I think is a DJI website with instructions on installing DJI Pilot PE on the smart controller:

https://www.d1store.com.au/lounge/content/use-dji-pilot-on-dji-smart-controller-for-mavic-2-and-phantom-4-series

What options are there for mapping now with the Mavic 2 Pro with the smart controller ?

Thanks in advance,
2023-5-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Steve Roks Posted at 5-16 17:02
Hi and thanks for the reply.. from my research The Mavic 2 pro use to work with Pilot PE until last November ??

Here's a link from what I think is a DJI website with instructions on installing DJI Pilot PE on the smart controller:

Hello, Steve. I think this thread can answer your question:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 682&pid=2951672
2023-5-17
Use props
Steve Roks
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-17 00:09
Hello, Steve. I think this thread can answer your question:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=282682&pid=2951672

So it appears DJI has intentionally disabled a function for a previously working app.. Not quite sure I understand the reasoning for this..
2023-5-17
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Steve Roks Posted at 5-17 06:18
So it appears DJI has intentionally disabled a function for a previously working app.. Not quite sure I understand the reasoning for this..

You have two options left:
GS Pro, with Ipad
UGCS with android

And certainly other third party flight planner, but I have no experience, so maybe Drone Deploy, Drone Harmony, PIX4D...
2023-5-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Steve Roks Posted at 5-17 06:18

We are sorry that DJI Pilot PE has been suspended for development and updates. You may check the link and see whether it can help you resolve the issue at the time being.
2023-5-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-19 02:20
We are sorry that DJI Pilot PE has been suspended for development and updates. You may check the link and see whether it can help you resolve the issue at the time being.

Dear DJI Wanda.  

The OP asks why there is no more map on Pilot PE?  

Because having the map directly on the application is in some cases essential.  We all clicked on your link and we thank you.  

But this is only a workaround which, in addition to being restrictive, does not answer the question.  

Ok Pilot PE is no longer supported anymore.  But is the sabotage of the map at the end of the life of the application covered by a contract with MapBox?  If so, is there a possible way to ask to reactivate it?  

Or is it just another business strategy to force us to buy the next generation drones?  

You can put all your filters in offline mode, and answer honestly.  Rest well.  Best regards.  
2023-5-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-19 04:19
Dear DJI Wanda.  

The OP asks why there is no more map on Pilot PE?  

As DJI Susan said,
Currently, the map service (Mapbox) is suspended, therefore, the map is not working on DJI Pilot PE.
The suspension of the map service has an official announcement, you can see it here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=279379
Plus the DJI Pilot PE App has been suspended for development and updates. The current solution for the map service of the Pilot PE App is to import the KML file.
2023-5-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-19 06:53
As DJI Susan said,
Currently, the map service (Mapbox) is suspended, therefore, the map is not working on DJI Pilot PE.
The suspension of the map service has an official announcement, you can see it here:

once again bot behavior, bot response.  As usual you dodge the questions.  You don't answer any of my questions.  For technical questions, you are incompetent.  It may be your script that wants it, but in this case say so, and we'll know not to waste our time with you.
2023-5-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

I took a second warning but other than that still no response.  
Clearly here you have the right to ask questions, but still avoid subjects that could damage the reputation of DJI.

Bots, you are good watchdogs. Hoping that you are well paid for the services you render.

2023-5-20
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

I inquired, the deactivation of Mapbox is relative to a contract. Except that when buying the product, it is not mentioned that at some point, some of the features will disappear.
Respect for the customer, zero. Pure capitalistic good business.

DJI employees, I am not taking you personally as a person, but as a representative of the brand.

Your warning you know where you can store it. And the following too.

2023-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules