Aircraft approaching GEO waypoint zone. Flight suspended
1164 8 2023-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ME262
lvl.2
Australia

While trying to set up a waypoint flight I got this message after I hit the "Go" icon

"Aircraft approaching GEO waypoint zone.Flight suspended"

The drone then will not allow the wyapoint flight to go ahead.

Flight was at my local park in a Altitude Zone.

Drone is a Mavic 3 Pro  with RC controllor which I have had for 5 days.

tried a couple of different times with the number of way points varing from 2 to 5 about 2 to 3 meters apart form each waypoint and maybe no more then 3 meters above the ground.
All where a few meters away from the takeoff/home point. GPS lock was achieved.

Lates firmware has been installed.

Anyone got any ideas to what maybe going wrong.

Thanks

2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You either approached a NFZ or an altitude zone over the permitted height.
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You either approached a NFZ or an altitude zone over the permitted height.
2023-5-17
Use props
ME262
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks.

I have set the waypoints about 2 to 3 meters in height above the the ground.  I thought that a  Altitude Zone permits a max. altitude of 150m (with a max. legal flight of 120m)
2023-5-17
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Show us where you're flying on a map, or the flight log would be better.

If you haven't got the authority to fly in the NFZ and subsequently unlocked it using DJI Flysafe, then it's doing exactly what it was designed to do!
2023-5-17
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

It’s **possible** that those messages that you’re getting are completely unrelated.  

You said that you were no more than 3 meters above the ground.  When I tried a waypoint mission at 6 feet (1.8 meters), I got the  “suspended message” because the obstacle avoidance was triggered by the ground.  On a waypoint mission, if the drone gets too close to an obstacle (including the ground), the drone will brake and suspend the waypoint mission. (And give you that suspension message).

I was able to fly a short mission at 8 feet AGL--based on home point (2.44 meters), but I felt like I was pushing my luck.  I don’t know what the exact height AGL is for the ground to be deemed an obstacle by the software but it’s in that 6-9 feet  ballpark.  (1.8-2.8 meter ballpark).
But then again, those messages could be entirely related.  

2023-5-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Kindly please try to fly the unit to a different location and check if the issue persists. Also, you may check your location if you are within the DJI NO-Fly zone and unlock it using this link https://www.dji.com/flysafe . Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-17
Use props
ME262
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks for all the replies

The problem has I pretty sure has been sorted.

I had original set the max height to 20 meters and the max distance to 20 meters. I had set up the waypoints to fly within these distances.

I have now for the moment set the max height to 100m and distance to 500m. Replotted a waypoint flight and it worked.
So the problem would be that the max height/distance being so short was effecting the settings of the waypoints.

Maybe a different message such as "Waypoints could not be flown. Max distance/ and/or height within detection range: Flight suspended" would be a  bit more helpful.

At this stage I have not tested to see if it is the max. height or if it is the max. distance or both that stops the waypoint flight.
2023-5-17
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ME262 Posted at 5-17 22:27
Thanks for all the replies

The problem has I pretty sure has been sorted.

Interesting.

Thank you for sharing your discovery with the forum so that others in a similar situation may find a solution.
2023-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules