DJI Mini 3 Pro Video Shimmering
1901 6 2023-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Ay8IQv0XIWnP
lvl.1

India

Hello everyone, I am using DJI Mini 3 Pro for last 6 months with no issues but recently I am seeing some shimmering effect in the videos. Please help me to resolve the issue. Dropbox link for a sample video is -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jb7jom6e7ms2o4a/DJI_0040.MP4?dl=0
2023-5-17
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Usually there are only 2 causes for video shimmers.

1. Damaged prop or motor that is causing excessive vibration
2. Damaged gimbal

While in flight touch your drone somewhere where is safe. If you feel strong vibration check and replace props. You can also do an IMU and gimbal calibration just in case.
2023-5-17
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

That's a harmonic distortion.. Like Tuxtard suggested check rotors and blades for any little imperfection... Try to replace all the blades and see how it goes...(they don't cost that much)...
2023-5-17
Use props
SiddharthaMaity
lvl.1

India

Tuxtard Posted at 5-17 23:37
Usually there are only 2 causes for video shimmers.

1. Damaged prop or motor that is causing excessive vibration

Is there any way to fix this in post production using Adobe Premier Pro or any other software?
2023-5-29
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

SiddharthaMaity Posted at 5-29 02:37
Is there any way to fix this in post production using Adobe Premier Pro or any other software?

Premiere Pro has effect called Rolling Shutter Repair, I think. For VirtualDub there is a filter called Deshaker. If you are going to try these please share your result here, because I never tried them myself and I am interested to know how they perform.
2023-6-1
Use props
fans7ac73174
lvl.2
Flight distance : 385594 ft
United States

To see if it's the camera, the props or the gimbal try the following:

1) Record some footage with the drone sitting on a table.  If the footage is wobbly, it's the sensor.  Do up / down with the gimbal.  
2) Record some footage with drone in your hand, simulate flying through the air with some basic gimbal moves.  Props aren't spinning.   Legs can even be closed.  If you get the wobbly effect, it's the gimbal causing the issue.

Did the drone crash recently or hit an object?  
2023-6-1
Use props
ianzaft73
lvl.1

Philippines

did you fix it?
4-6 06:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules