Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Battery not charging. First LED blinking.
691 5 2023-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jwpepper152
lvl.1
United States

Hi, I just purchased a new FPV remote controller and it won't charge. I've tried plugging in several different usb cables and chargers but the only thing that happes is the first led on the controller blinks. I tried charging it over night but nothing changes. If I push the button on the battery while the charger is plugged in the battery LED blinks 8 times and then turns off. Does anyone know what the battery LED means?

Thanks in advance.
2023-5-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what FPV remote controller are you referring to in the post? Please use a charger with 5V and 1A/2A output to ensure that the device will charge. Also, if you have a spare charger on your end or a cable, you may try to use that to see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-18
Use props
jwpepper152
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-18 19:43
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what FPV remote controller are you referring to in the post? Please use a charger with 5V and 1A/2A output to ensure that the device will charge. Also, if you have a spare charger on your end or a cable, you may try to use that to see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

It's this controller. I've tried several chargers and cables with no change.
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jwpepper152 Posted at 5-18 21:40
[view_image]

It's this controller. I've tried several chargers and cables with no change.

Thank you for your response and we're sorry for this unpleasant experience. We cannot troubleshoot this issue remotely therefore, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the RC in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-20
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

The battery is NEW and DEAD, this type of controller is old, last year I got one also new, new battery....and battery was dead, would not take charge, would blink and nothing. I took the battery apart, it is a 2S (two cells) and trickle charge each cell bypassing the circuit board using + and - terminals direct. Battery come alive again. I do not recommend you to do it if you don't have the know how .
Just purchase a new battery....and pray that the new battery will be a good one and accept charge, because if it sat at the shelf for years you will have the same problem. Took me 3 purchases to get one new good battery that would accept charge.
2023-5-20
Use props
jwpepper152
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for responding HDPS. I did a bunch of research online and came to the same conclusion, it's definitely dead. I did purchase another battery off Amazon and it seems to be charging just fine so I think I got lucky with my second battery. I also found some youtube videos about trickle charging and clearing the PF flag in the control circuit of the battery so if DJI doesn't want to replace it I might try those at some point.

DJI Paladin, the battery is definitely the problem. The controller is currently working on another battery. I'm pretty annoyed that the "new" battery I got from DJI was totally dead and the one I purchased from a random third party retailer off amazon works great. Unless you have other suggestions on who to contact I'm going to see if support will replace the battery.
2023-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules