Problems with the "DJI Fly" software
1325 15 2023-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jefferson_Lima
lvl.1

Brazil

I can't run the dji fly software on my xioami 11 lite phone (Android 14). The App displays the following message: "device not supported". I have already downloaded the app several times directly from the dji website but the same message always appears after installation.

In fact, it even installs the program, but when opening the main screen, it shows the message "device not supported, check the user manual and download the correct version of the application or contact DJI support"

Can someone help me?

P.S: Excuse me if I have a mistake in writing, I'm Brazilian.

2023-5-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is a problem often encountered and posts on the forum about the issue have been numerous.
It's alway best to check DJI's list of supported phones before you buy.
Some phones NOT on their list DO work with DJI Fly - but it's a bit of a lottery.

https://support.dji.com/help/con ... p;re=US&lang=en
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It might help if you dont run beta software.
2023-5-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is found that your mobile device is Xiaomi 11 Lite, and compatibility tests are required to be carried out. As there are many models that need to be tested currently, it cannot be resolved in the short term. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you have an urgent mission, we recommend you prepare a spare mobile device to carry out the mission, instead of using this device to avoid the mission cannot be carried out due to compatibility issue. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2023-5-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The solution to you problem may be to buy a second hand compatible phone and use that as a screen device, you do not need a SIM card in such a phone. I use a Samsung S6 for precisely this reason, i.e. my "phone" will not run FLY.
2023-5-18
Use props
Jefferson_Lima
lvl.1

Brazil

Blériot53 Posted at 5-17 23:03
This is a problem often encountered and posts on the forum about the issue have been numerous.
It's alway best to check DJI's list of supported phones before you buy.
Some phones NOT on their list DO work with DJI Fly - but it's a bit of a lottery.

Thanks for trying to help. So my mobile appears in the MI 11 compatibility list. But it didn't work.
2023-5-18
Use props
Jefferson_Lima
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-18 03:40
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is found that your mobile device is Xiaomi 11 Lite, and compatibility tests are required to be carried out. As there are many models that need to be tested currently, it cannot be resolved in the short term. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you have an urgent mission, we recommend you prepare a spare mobile device to carry out the mission, instead of using this device to avoid the mission cannot be carried out due to compatibility issue. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Thanks for the guidance, but it's frustrating to buy a new drone and not be able to use it, knowing that my phone meets the necessary requirements.
2023-5-18
Use props
Jefferson_Lima
lvl.1

Brazil

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-18 04:27
The solution to you problem may be to buy a second hand compatible phone and use that as a screen device, you do not need a SIM card in such a phone. I use a Samsung S6 for precisely this reason, i.e. my "phone" will not run FLY.

I think you're right, I think it will only work by buying another cell phone model. But I confess that I was a little discouraged with the drone because of that. I'm afraid I'll buy another phone and it won't work. I'll try to find someone I know who uses Samsung so I can test it first. But that's sad, here in Brazil everything is super expensive, including the drone. Now I will have to invest again in another used device. How boring is that, right? Manufacturer could try to solve this problem in software. But anyway, thanks for the help.
2023-5-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jefferson_Lima Posted at 5-18 06:41
Thanks for trying to help. So my mobile appears in the MI 11 compatibility list. But it didn't work.

Hope you find a satisfactory solution. Have you perhaps got an older phone on which the software WILL run?  I use an old Samsung Galaxy S9 to fly my Mavic 2 Zoom.
2023-5-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-18 07:14
Hope you find a satisfactory solution. Have you perhaps got an older phone on which the software WILL run?  I use an old Samsung Galaxy S9 to fly my Mavic 2 Zoom.

Uuum the M2Z doesn't use the FLY app ......... thankfully.
2023-5-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-18 08:02
Uuum the M2Z doesn't use the FLY app ......... thankfully.

I'm aware of that.  The suggestion was to try an older phone, regardless of the App.
The S9 also runs the DJI Fly App comfortably.
2023-5-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-18 08:05
I'm aware of that.  The suggestion was to try an older phone, regardless of the App.
The S9 also runs the DJI Fly App comfortably.

Ahhh ok then.
2023-5-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No worries
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Jefferson_Lima Posted at 5-18 06:44
Thanks for the guidance, but it's frustrating to buy a new drone and not be able to use it, knowing that my phone meets the necessary requirements.

You're welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-5-19
Use props
Jefferson_Lima
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-19 01:54
You're welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your understanding.

To close this forum, I want to inform you that last night I successfully installed the software on my wife's cell phone, a Motorola G9 Power model. It's incredible how it worked, even though this model doesn't appear on the compatibility list with the DJI Mini 2 SE drone. But everything worked out.

After that, I tried to install the DJI Fly software on my phone again, following all the steps I did to install it on my wife's phone. I noticed a difference with the Xiaomi cell phone. As soon as I finished installing the APK, an screen popped up to download an update. This didn't happen when I installed it on the Motorola cell phone. So, I decided to ignore this step and closed the screen. To my surprise, the DJI Fly app icon was already there.

I ran and configured the App as instructed, and this time everything worked fine, displaying the drone's FPV image. I was very happy because I finally managed to install the software. Once again, thank you for the support of this group. Next weekend, I will test my drone in the field.

Hugs!
2023-5-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Jefferson_Lima Posted at 5-19 06:47
To close this forum, I want to inform you that last night I successfully installed the software on my wife's cell phone, a Motorola G9 Power model. It's incredible how it worked, even though this model doesn't appear on the compatibility list with the DJI Mini 2 SE drone. But everything worked out.

After that, I tried to install the DJI Fly software on my phone again, following all the steps I did to install it on my wife's phone. I noticed a difference with the Xiaomi cell phone. As soon as I finished installing the APK, an screen popped up to download an update. This didn't happen when I installed it on the Motorola cell phone. So, I decided to ignore this step and closed the screen. To my surprise, the DJI Fly app icon was already there.

Thank you for keeping us posted, Jefferson. We're glad that you managed to work it out and we appreciate you for sharing the steps that you perform. Happy flying, Jefferson!
2023-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules