No Red Light on Startup - or for Binding
1045 6 2023-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc8396205
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61178 ft
United States

This is a vista air unit with a caddx camera on it. I can power up the drone, get the startup tones, but I never get a red light. After a few seconds, I get the green light like everything is fine. But, I press the bind button, the green light goes out and nothing. It's like it just shuts down. Any ideas?

2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. Kindly post a short video showing the issue for further checking. Thank you.
2023-5-21
Use props
fansc8396205
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for the reply. I did not see the dim green light on startup until filming this. Hopefully, that will be a good clue to sorting this out. Thanks again.

https://youtube.com/shorts/8q0-ddY5fP4
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansc8396205 Posted at 5-21 09:42
Thank you for the reply. I did not see the dim green light on startup until filming this. Hopefully, that will be a good clue to sorting this out. Thanks again.

Thanks for the update. We'll have this forwarded for further checking.
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansc8396205 Posted at 5-21 09:42
Thank you for the reply. I did not see the dim green light on startup until filming this. Hopefully, that will be a good clue to sorting this out. Thanks again.

Hi there. Apologies for the delayed update. Please confirm whether the air end can connect normally and transmit video transmission signals when the status of the indicator light is abnormal.
2023-6-3
Use props
TCB
lvl.1
United States

Since I couldn't get it into binding mode, I was not able to bind it to anything, so I don't know.  I even tried with nothing but the power hooked up (no flight control wiring added). I gave up, trashed the unit, and bought another one. This time, I kept the 9 extra grams of the heat sink, added some standoffs that were 5mm longer so I could fit it into the quad, and got it up and running yesterday. It doesn't fly as well as it did without the extra weight, but at least I don't have to worry about burning it up if I can't get to it and shut it down immediately after a crash - or just landing it. I'm sure it was just a bad unit since I changed nothing else except a toasted motor and am using the same FC/ESC.

Thank you very much for at least looking into it.
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

TCB Posted at 6-11 04:19
Since I couldn't get it into binding mode, I was not able to bind it to anything, so I don't know.  I even tried with nothing but the power hooked up (no flight control wiring added). I gave up, trashed the unit, and bought another one. This time, I kept the 9 extra grams of the heat sink, added some standoffs that were 5mm longer so I could fit it into the quad, and got it up and running yesterday. It doesn't fly as well as it did without the extra weight, but at least I don't have to worry about burning it up if I can't get to it and shut it down immediately after a crash - or just landing it. I'm sure it was just a bad unit since I changed nothing else except a toasted motor and am using the same FC/ESC.

Thank you very much for at least looking into it.

We understand and appreciate the update. Should you have other concerns, please let us know.
2023-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules