Have you a right to complain
707 7 2023-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ME262
lvl.2
Australia

Have you a right to complain about the performance of your drone if you are flying it illegaly.

ie  someone complaining that the distance that they can flight the drone is only 7 kms away when they should be getting 10 kms distance.

2023-5-18
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Are you the drone police? Spend our tax payers money catching real criminals breaking the law. Not on folks wanting to push their drones to the limit. Lol.

If a company advertised it as such, it should be able to do such under same condition. But we all know its not a perfect world. So if dji advertised it 15km, it should at least be able to do at least 10km imo.
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific DJI drone are you currently using? Please note that the maximum flight distance will depend on the location that you are flying also the flight condition of the area. Setting up the antenna on the RC properly will help you get more signals when flying. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-5-18
Use props
ME262
lvl.2
Australia

@ DJI Paladin

Thanks for asking. I don't have a problem with the distance my drone (Mavic 3 Pro) can fly and I expect I never will. I was asking a theoretical question to invite other members view on the subject.

You could equate it to a car than speedo says can do 260kph , but when you try it gets to only 200kph. So do I have a right to complain when the maximum speed limit in my country is 140kph.
So to get to 200kph I am breaking the law. Putting aside the fact you could take the car to a race track.
2023-5-18
Use props
ME262
lvl.2
Australia

@djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC

"If a company advertised it as such, it should be able to do such under same condition. But we all know its not a perfect world. So if dji advertised it 15km, it should at least be able to do at least 10km imo."

I agreed a product should do what a company says it should.
2023-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes you do,  because its not just distance that you are loosing,  your also loosing penetration.  
2023-5-18
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

While there certainly are circumstances where a product's properties could be used illegally, I think it should be beared in mind that there could be other, legal uses that require the properties the manufacturer promises to the product. For instance, the car example is a good one: while you definetely are not legally allowed to do 200kmh in public roads with a car, it is a completely valid expectation on a closed, legal race track. So I do think that the manufacturer should stay true to their promises, even though you couldn't use the products to their maximum extent in all circumstances. Just my five cents.
2023-5-19
Use props
fans3a08eccf
lvl.1

United States

HGDC84 Posted at 5-19 02:57
While there certainly are circumstances where a product's properties could be used illegally, I think it should be beared in mind that there could be other, legal uses that require the properties the manufacturer promises to the product. For instance, the car example is a good one: while you definetely are not legally allowed to do 200kmh in public roads with a car, it is a completely valid expectation on a closed, legal race track. So I do think that the manufacturer should stay true to their promises, even though you couldn't use the products to their maximum extent in all circumstances. Just my five cents.

Per DAFlys responce. Not all but MANY instances if it will not do the range it states, penetration is a huge one that suffers automatically.
2023-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules