Mini 3 Pro Lens Fogging but why Mini 3 no such issue?
3559 11 2023-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jsam8888
lvl.2
Flight distance : 925761 ft
Malaysia

Slide1.JPG

The DJI Mini3Pro that I purchased on Jan23, production date  10/2022 suffering from lens foggy issue since March23. I sent it back to Malaysia local DJI repair centre and the technician had repaired the gimbal by replacing the O-ring and applied silicon gel before eventually sent back to me.

Unfortunately, recently the 2nd time foggy issue haunt me again, just last week! I am indeed disappointed and sent it back for checking immediately. This round, DJI technician informed me that they will replace a new gimbal. What  I saw was so-called "new" gimbal packaging but dated 11/2022 which mean obsolete technology same old issue!

Meanwhile, eagerly awaiting my drone return from DJI tech, I did research from DJI user forum, YouTube, Google and other techmania sources. I found out that a lot of buyers still experience the lens foggy problem from your proud product i.e. Mini 3 Pro. I am in doubt and wondering your product reliability.

In addition, I found this YouTube video ( link attached at the end)  from your product buyer who has tested both Mini3Pro and Mini3 under thermal cam test. Surprisingly, the outcome shows Mini3 seems improve the lens camber heat design that solve the lens foggy issue successfully instead of Mini3Pro just stick with seal solution and problem exist still (ostrich effect I would say!!!)

I demand an official reply and please notify us when DJI can address this Mini3Pro foggy issue permanently??? Why there is different treatment and double standards among DJI customers?

Are we going to send back for fixing every single time when the foggy issue arouse, again and again???

Do we,buyers need to downgrade it from Mini3Pro to Mini3 so that we can completely get rid of the lens foggy problem?

Hereby attached for your kind perusal, thanks. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

https://www.ifixit.com/News/7473 ... sign-one-major-fail

2023-5-18
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

I suggest you record & post a video on youtube & share its link here on the forum where you show how foggy the lens becomes while flying.
2023-5-18
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Japan

Fogging seems to be caused by an incorrectly fitted and/or incorrect size o-ring on the housing.
They may well have fixed the manufacturing flaw.

That said, Mini 3 release date is a warmer time of year so people might not have noticed yet.
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. For the issue you mentioned, we will forward it to our related department for confirmation. About  your case, will you be able to send us your Serial Number and email address? We will notify our service center of this issue.  We hope you can receive your aircraft as soon as possible.
2023-5-19
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

it is definitely the case, that DJI installed a heating element in the Mini3 camera
Unfortunately, it cannot be replaced for the Mini3pro

photo is from CopterTec, Germany
687A42C5-3404-4E51-B112-53961A49B186.jpeg
2023-5-19
Use props
jsam8888
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-19 01:47
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. For the issue you mentioned, we will forward it to our related department for confirmation. About  your case, will you be able to send us your Serial Number and email address? We will notify our service center of this issue.  We hope you can receive your aircraft as soon as possible.
Hi Wanda, I have received my drone and tested its solved the lens foggy issue so far. However, i notice another issue that my new replacement gimbal lens that have a blue spot at middle of screen, its obvious when taking video or photo at white/light background. I have contacted ur dji support team and sent the video and photo for them, i awaiting the feedback now.

I'm so disappointed for getting so much issue on this mini3pro!
dji_fly_20230520_005938_22_1684515754142_photo.jpg
dji_fly_20230520_005858_21_1684515754704_photo.jpg
2023-5-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

jsam8888 Posted at 5-19 21:09
Hi Wanda, I have received my drone and tested its solved the lens foggy issue so far. However, i notice another issue that my new replacement gimbal lens that have a blue spot at middle of screen, its obvious when taking video or photo at white/light background. I have contacted ur dji support team and sent the video and photo for them, i awaiting the feedback now.

I'm so disappointed for getting so much issue on this mini3pro!

Could you please tell us your SN and contact method (phone number and email address) in PM? We will confirm with our teams first.
2023-5-20
Use props
jsam8888
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-20 00:43
Could you please tell us your SN and contact method (phone number and email address) in PM? We will confirm with our teams first.

Hi Wanda,  i have PM u the details. Thank you.
2023-5-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

jsam8888 Posted at 5-20 00:58
Hi Wanda,  i have PM u the details. Thank you.

Thank you so much. We are communicating with our teams.
2023-5-20
Use props
Danveal
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

2023-5-20
Use props
Billy.RKV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2922815 ft
Portugal

Completely agree on this, over 11 replacements and this fog issue still persist with my Mini 3 Pro, yet DJI doesn’t want to comment on this major design flaw and just keep sending more and more never ending replacements…
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Billy.RKV Posted at 12-25 18:11
Completely agree on this, over 11 replacements and this fog issue still persist with my Mini 3 Pro, yet DJI doesn’t want to comment on this major design flaw and just keep sending more and more never ending replacements…

We are regretful for the inconvenience you experienced. You mentioned that you have had the Mini 3 Pro replaced over 11 times, time? That must be frustrating. Could you please provide one of the replacement case numbers to me? I will check it out.
2023-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules