Thanks DJI for building such an amazing aircraft!
1380 24 2015-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nerdimus Prime
lvl.1

United States

Afternoon all,

There are so many critical threads on this forum that I thought I would start a thread offering thanks for such an incredible product.  If you think about all the electronics and engineering that goes into this Phantom 3, it boggles the mind it even flies at all let alone ALMOST autonomously....  

I am a newb here and I just received my P3a on Friday.  I have put detachable prop guards on it for safety's sake ( I would hate to get cut up by those props) as well as peace of mind as a rookie.  I have logged 14 short but flawless flights, the longest being 13 minutes.  I have no cracks and some pretty good beginner footage (I am a serious Amateur photographer).  The way it instantaneously handles gusts of wind is very impressive and what's more impressive is how the Gimball handles it. NO indication whatsoever that there was sany turbulence in the footage at all.

The set up and updating has been for the most part, very intuitive.  The only issue I had was trying to find IMU calibration instructions for the new GO App (took a while, but I finally figured it out) but once I figured it out, it calibrated perfectly.

Thanks DJI for building such a cool aircraft.  I look forward to many hours of enjoyment and want to say I love what I see so far!
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

thank you DJI, its an amazing craft, im sure more amazing p4, p5 etc is on the horizon.
2015-8-25
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good to hear positive feedback.. Enjoy the P3A. Some cool stuff coming soon for it and the P3P ( and P3S ) ;)
2015-8-25
Use props
Sailor P3
lvl.2

Canada

Couldn't agree more with your post.

I have had my P3P since June 25. Countless and more importantly flawless flights. I did all the updates as they came along,  no problem whatsoever.

It is so stable, and I have many great videos so far(well to my taste anyway).

Thanks DJI, this really is a great product.
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

come on, dont be shy, i am sure there are many, the majority that are absolutely happy with their p3.
2015-8-25
Use props
lasuncion
lvl.2

Guam

Yep! I love my P3 and Flame Wheels so much! Thanks DJI!
2015-8-25
Use props
rrcannon.outloo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2854833 ft
  • >>>
United States

lasuncion Posted at 2015-8-26 07:25
Yep! I love my P3 and Flame Wheels so much! Thanks DJI!

Frankly, I cannot think of any recent product that stirred my imagination more than my new P3. Suddenly I can fly!!!!
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

rrcannon.outloo Posted at 2015-8-26 07:28
Frankly, I cannot think of any recent product that stirred my imagination more than my new P3. Sud ...

my sentiments exactly
2015-8-25
Use props
Joe Blow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

Good to read a positive Phantom thread!
"ALMOST autonomously"  Airliners can almost fly themselves but when something goes wrong its the experience and training of the crew that resolves the issue.  Practicing in ATTI Mode is highly recommended so when something goes wrong you can make the most of the situation.
2015-8-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It's a bird, no it's a plane... No wait, what?
HEY, what do you know, a DJI Phantom 3 Professional.
No not Superman but, just super Man.. ;-)

I resemble all of those positive and endearing sentiments above.
Phantom 3, problem free. Pilot, that's me, very happy.

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands,
If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands...
If your Phantom is all aces, and you won the pile of coins.
Jump up, and scream hey Halleluya. Hahaha

We got Lucky, by our side...

RedHotPoker

2015-8-25
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'll jump on this bandwagon....I LOVE my Flight Raptor as well!
2015-8-25
Use props
garrylane2
lvl.1

United States

Great product. Just got mine P3 last week. Because of rain, I've only been able to fly it once. Easy to fly and stable.
2015-8-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Flew it only Once? Ouch...
That must sting worse than paying cash for the iPad Air 2 64GB Cellular... ;-)
Your Phantom 3 will last a very long time..
But think of the rewards. And you will only ever need one battery. Money saved.

Boo on the rain and bad weather. Hope it clears up, enough to fly it twice.

RedHotPoker
2015-8-25
Use props
Vermontflyer
lvl.2
United States

i'm on the band wagon for sure . This is a amazing product/machine ..Thank you DJI for bringing this to us !!!

I never would of imagined this type of product available in my lifetime !

2015-8-25
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

I have had my P3P for about three weeks  now, it is by far the most amazing quad I've ever flown.  The features are ten times more advanced than my Blade 350QX3, and it handles better than I could ever imagine! I can get a solid 20 to 25 minutes of flight depending on whether or not I'm recording video, and the camera has more functions than my cell phone camera.  I can't wait to see what features they add in the future.  This is, of course, is just my opinion
2015-8-25
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

Yes Thanks DJI.
I have had mine for a year now, (2+ saving for a P3P) with over 170 gigabytes of good video/pictures.
  Back in the 80s I used to pack a full size VHS camera around. We have come a long way. I look at some of the P3P videos on this site and I am still amazed at the quality and stability of this flying camera.
2015-8-26
Use props
m.lavery
lvl.1
Flight distance : 217349 ft
China

Yes I have say without a doubt this is a pretty impressive piece of machinery which brings a lot of enjoyment.  Having the phantom 3 certainly takes you to another level when it comes to holidaying around special locations.  Thanks GJI :-)
2015-8-30
Use props
richardmartin
lvl.2

United States

As with everyone else, I too agree.  I have had no experience flying anything and was able to successfully fly easily the first flight, and every other one since.  Even with a few technical issues, nothing has hindered my ability to fly safely.

Now, working on my photography skills.  High school and college was a long time ago!
2015-8-30
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Agreed!  The technology that is in this relatively small bird is absolutely amazing!  It's stable, it's smart, it's DJI! (that could be their new slogan!) But yes, the way it handles in winds and gusts is amazing.  I was a bit nervous when the wind speeds picked up to about 20mph last week but the only thing I noticed were the motors being a little more louder due to it trying to push through the winds......but boy howdy you get the wind to its back and ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM it'll fly at a good clip!  Cheers for all of us, and many others to our continued good fortune!
2015-8-30
Use props
solsystem7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6550331 ft
  • >>>
United States

What really hit the mark today with me was discovering the Flight Records stored within the Go App. I didn't know this feature existed....wow....truly light years ahead....
2015-8-30
Use props
Flyhigh7887
lvl.3

Sweden

Jumping in too.

Loving mine as well! Owner of the P3A since May 29th. Over 100 flights in and never an issue with the P3 that I didn't create. All firmware upgrades have been smooth. My 3 batteries work as they should. The community built around it & people, i.e.- you guys, are great.

I just cant get enough of my P3. (My girlfriend may not share the same sentiments as I in regard to the amount of time I spend with her. Her being my P3.)

Equipment:
P3A
iPhone 6+
iPad Air 2 - 64 gig wifi
2015-8-31
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

I'm quite happy with the P3P, it's a bargain for the what it does. It's not fool proof, nothing is. But the fact that just about anybody can get this in the air with a little effort is quite amazing.

The whole all in solution is great and i plan to get the Inspire 1 for more demanding job's a stronger platform but with the same ease of use is very appealing.  

My brother is building his own hexacopter where the battery alone weighs more then my whole rig, but it's A LOT of work and he will get no way near the control one get with DJI's P3/Inspire 1 in terms of photographic control.

Now he is a RC nerd and has over 13 RC car's and is soon finished with his first Hexacopter, so he loves this stuff.  :-)
2015-8-31
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

All good here
2015-8-31
Use props
sgeprods
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57841 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Love my P3P. An incredible piece of technology & amazing software. Rock solid in the air & easy to operate. Best copter I have ever owned full stop.
2015-8-31
Use props
sprawl
lvl.2

Finland

"basic" android problems here, butt with ipad have only few image disconnects and one compass error(returned succesfully..).
Overall, im very happy with P3P. Have now about 50 flight, and never get over 110m altitude or over 1km distance and all good. Small teps upper and longer, and getting comfortable with this machine
2015-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules