Precison Landing for Mini 3 Pro
1234Next >
9912 136 2023-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Bashy Posted at 5-29 03:38
GPS landing and Precision Landing are totally different in accuracy terms, when Precision Landing is used it will take an image of the take off spot and use that for the landing, thus making it a "Precision Landing".

GPS landing is not "precision landing", certainly not in the sense that this thread is referring to throughout when we all are talking about Precision Landing, it is in reference to the drone taking an initial image during take off, this is done up to 6m in height. The Mini's do not do this, they take off and ascend to only 1.2m thus only using GPS for the landing as you have already confirmed.

Some things must be misunderstood here. As we said, DJI Mini 3 Pro utilizes the Downard Vision System and GPS to realize the precision landing. It is not a function but a feature.
That is why precision landing is not stipulated as a function in the User Manual of DJI Mini3 Pro as well.
Except for the GPS signal,  it also requires the downward vision system to take effect.  To this end, it has to meet the requirements of pattern, and lighting conditions as well, which can be seen in the User Manual.
The precision landing meets the requirements of the RTH function that assists the aircraft to return to home. The accuracy refers to the GPS positioning accuracy.
Actually, in most cases, users did not have the needs that require centimeter-level accuracy.
DJI Mini 3 Pro is an entry-level product but not an Enterprise product with centimeter-level accuracy.  
2023-5-30
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 5-22 03:06
Ive never noticed that it cant look straight down before and i use the camera myself to land it

I get precise landing every time with camera pitched 90 degrees down.
2023-5-30
Use props
KBear
lvl.2
United States

Maybe, we'll see a better use of the Precision Landing in the Mini 4?
2023-5-30
Use props
Sir Jackington
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-30 03:29
Some things must be misunderstood here. As we said, DJI Mini 3 Pro utilizes the Downard Vision System and GPS to realize the precision landing. It is not a function but a feature.
That is why precision landing is not stipulated as a function in the User Manual of DJI Mini3 Pro as well.
Except for the GPS signal,  it also requires the downward vision system to take effect.  To this end, it has to meet the requirements of pattern, and lighting conditions as well, which can be seen in the User Manual.

"Precision Landing" as a term is widely understood in the drone community as the ability to land on a target, to centimeter accuracy. Even in your Mavic 3 Pro user manual it states:

*Precision Landing: The aircraft automatically scans and attempts to match the terrain features below during RTH. The aircraft will land when the current terrain matches the Home Point. A prompt will appear in DJI Fly if the terrain match fails.*

To then state that the Mini 3 Pro has "Precision Landing" even though it just uses GPS as the sole positioning metric, is highly misleading.  
2023-5-30
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-30 03:29

Hi, The Mini 3 Pro isnt exactly entry-level perse, if it is, why call it a Pro, the previous Mini's perhaps but if the Mini 3 Pro is entry-level too then why call it the Pro? Having said that, it really does prove what i have said from the start, that the "Pro" part is just a marketing gimmick, its only a "Pro" when in comparison to the other Mini line-up.

You have missed the point too, we're requesting the addition of the "proper" Precision Landing.
Weve only been trying to explain that the MIni 3 Pro does not have it and why we think  that it does not have it.

The Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Pro, Mavic 2's, Mavic 3's and even the Air 2s are not enterprise models yet they all have Precision Landing as per the manual.

DJI saying that the Mini 3 Pro does have Precision Landing and yet in the same breath states that its GPS only is incorrect because it doesn't have it, GPS only landing is not Precision Landing. For Precision Landing it needs to use the bottom camera (that the Mini 3 Pro has) to take an image of the take-off spot up to 6m high during take-off, yet it does not utilise that camera for that purpose. That right there tells us that it does not have Precision Landing be it as a useable option or automatic.
2023-5-30
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flormo2002 Posted at 5-30 09:30
I get precise landing every time with camera pitched 90 degrees down.

We're talking about the MIni 3 Pro not being able to automatically land on the H on a landing pad, for example.

This, like the previous Mini models, is not possible, some feel that landing 3 foot is ample close enough and to be honest, it is when landing on grass or a solid surface, but when it comes to long grass, sand, dusty roads or farm tracks, this is not close enough, it needs to land on the landing pad, to keep dust and sand down to a minimum.

When the Mini 3 Pro came out with the bottom camera, we all thought that it would have Precision Landing, yet it turned out not to have it so we expected it to come later in a firmware update, yet this hasn't come to fruition and by the sounds of it, it never will now, certainly not when DJI is saying that it does have Precision Landing but only using GPS, that right there tells me that DJI has no intention of adding it, at least we know now.

GPS landing and Precision Landing are completely different and despite what DJI have stated, it is not an Enterprise option, or it wasn't, perhaps thats something that they have now removed for use mere chickens and keeping back for Enterprise only, if thats the case, thats poor form to say the least.
2023-5-30
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sir Jackington Posted at 5-30 15:04
"Precision Landing" as a term is widely understood in the drone community as the ability to land on a target, to centimeter accuracy. Even in your Mavic 3 Pro user manual it states:

*Precision Landing: The aircraft automatically scans and attempts to match the terrain features below during RTH. The aircraft will land when the current terrain matches the Home Point. A prompt will appear in DJI Fly if the terrain match fails.*

You say it better than me and in fewer words lol
2023-5-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Bashy Posted at 5-30 18:20
Hi, The Mini 3 Pro isnt exactly entry-level perse, if it is, why call it a Pro, the previous Mini's perhaps but if the Mini 3 Pro is entry-level too then why call it the Pro? Having said that, it really does prove what i have said from the start, that the "Pro" part is just a marketing gimmick, its only a "Pro" when in comparison to the other Mini line-up.

You have missed the point too, we're requesting the addition of the "proper" Precision Landing.

DJI Mini 3 Pro belongs to the DJI Mini series.
If you want to have a centimeter-level accuracy drone, it can not meet the requirement.
For Precision Landing it needs to use the bottom camera (that the Mini 3 Pro has) to take an image of the take-off spot up to 6m high during take-off, yet it does not utilize that camera for that purpose.
I think I stated that DJI Mini 3 Pro utilizes the Downward Vision System and GPS. The accuracy of GPS is a reference to the feature. It is a feature that DJI Mini3 Pro has already been equipped with.

2023-5-30
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
France

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-30 23:03
DJI Mini 3 Pro belongs to the DJI Mini series.
If you want to have a centimeter-level accuracy drone, it can not meet the requirement.
For Precision Landing it needs to use the bottom camera (that the Mini 3 Pro has) to take an image of the take-off spot up to 6m high during take-off, yet it does not utilize that camera for that purpose.

We know it cannot meet the requirement, hence why we have been asking for it to be added ;)

The centimetre precision is only for the RTK models, this is not what we are asking for.

By all accounts, the Mini 3 Pro has the needed hardware for Precision Landing, which is why we have been asking for it to be added to the firmware, its the Precision Landing that the previous have, such as the Mavic Pro and the Air 2s, this is totally different to centimetre RTK or the much lower precision, GPS.

I think someone is confused somewhere.
2023-5-31
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 5-31 03:30
We know it cannot meet the requirement, hence why we have been asking for it to be added ;)

The centimetre precision is only for the RTK models, this is not what we are asking for.

For me anyway, precision landing is not a big deal. I often active the RTH, then when the drone is within close proximity, I cancel the RTH and always bring it in manually. I enjoy doing this and it's part of the fun of flying drones. Guess I'm weird?
2023-5-31
Use props
alan10
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23114 ft
United Kingdom

Flormo2002 Posted at 5-31 07:04
For me anyway, precision landing is not a big deal. I often active the RTH, then when the drone is within close proximity, I cancel the RTH and always bring it in manually. I enjoy doing this and it's part of the fun of flying drones. Guess I'm weird?

Not really.
2023-5-31
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1262136 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-22 04:37
It is rough data given on the basis of different hardware and environment. In general, the accuracy depends on the positioning accuracy of the GPS. Generally, the accuracy of GPS is provided up to the meter level.
Regarding the precision landing feature, it may have some differences among aircraft. However, we confirmed with engineers and were told that DJI Mini3 Pro does have the precision landing feature. I will dig into the differences and get back.

I don't know what you mean when you mention "RTK".

But, you seem either conflicted, or confused, on whether the Mini 3 Pro has "precision landing" feature or capability, or not.

First, you said, "Hello, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Actually, DJI Mini 3/Mini 3 Pro support precision landing. The feature will utilize the downward vision system and GNSS signal to realize it. May we know if the difference is large?"

Then, you said, "In GPS measurement, the pseudodistance from the receiver to several  satellites at the same time is calculated based on information sent from  the equipment receiving satellite. Then, the approximate position is  calculated through the fusion algorithm with limited accuracy.  Therefore, there is up to 100+ m margin of error on different hardware  equipment.
The accuracy of the GPS can not be compared with RTK."

I can tell you for a solid fact that, after owning & flying the Mini 3 Pro for close to a year, it certainly DOES NOT have any "precision landing" feature.

I'm well acquainted with all of the features & menu selections, & there is no "precision landing" among them.

Neither, per my most recent reading of the Mini 3 Pro specifications, is it mentioned there, either.

I'm not 1 of the DJI engineers, so I can't say whether the Mini 3 Pro can actually support the "precision landing" feature, or that it has the capability or ability to support it in the future, if DJI decides to add the feature, maybe with a software update.

As to the definition of "precision landing", neither I nor just about everyone else in this topic thread, seems to think that being within a meter suffices.

My definition & understanding of what it means is, when using RTH feature, the drone lands on the same point, with less than a foot, (less than 3 decimeters) & preferably, within inches, (centimeters) difference.

Perhaps, between the camera's ability to look straight down, &/ using the downward-facing visual sensors, coupled with the GPS, it has the required hardware already there, & a software upgrade might enable "precision landing" in the future, but at this time, the Mini 3 Pro does not have that now.

If, after your consulting & confirming with the DJI engineers, you do find out that the Mini 3 Pro can either support, or does now have the "precison landing" feature, please do further elaorate as to how to enable that.

Currently, 1 or more meters difference between the launching & landing points for the Mini 3 Pro, does not qualify as "precision landing".

2023-6-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

BroomRider Posted at 6-16 05:02

But, you seem either conflicted, or confused, on whether the Mini 3 Pro has "precision landing" feature or capability, or not.

We have already explained above,
DJI Mini 3 Pro utilizes the Downard Vision System and GPS to realize the precision landing. It is not a function but a feature.

If you can not accept this explanation, we will suggest our engineers consider adding this to the official instruction.
2023-6-19
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sir Jackington Posted at 5-19 00:36
I generally try to check it's centred by walking around it before landing. But I'll have to try using the camera, I guess I just thought the camera was quite forward on the drone so using it would give you a skewed idea of centre?

Is it critical to land precisely in the center of the landing pad? As Ranjan stated, you will get precision landing when aiming the camera directly down and manually bring in the drone. I seldom use auto landing because we are pilots after all.
2023-6-19
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BroomRider Posted at 6-16 05:02

But, you seem either conflicted, or confused, on whether the Mini 3 Pro has "precision landing" feature or capability, or not.

It is quite straight forward, the Mini 3 Pro does not have THE Precision Landing, it has the same landing ability as the Mini, Mini 2 and Mini 3 etc using GPS. The P4P and the Mavic range (not sure if all have it) have the proper Precision Landing, i.e. they ascend to 6m high and take an image of the landing area so as to match it when pretty much to a few inches. This is something the Mini 3Pro cannot do, that just takes off and ascends to just over a meter.

Im sorry Wanda but whatever "precision landing" the Mini 3 Pro has, it is nothing like the "Precision Landing" we are asking about and would like to have on the Mini 3 Pro, we are talking about the "precision Landing" that the old Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic Pro has. They are worlds apart 2 completely different landing abilities' to the Mini 3 Pro, the reason we would like it is that we believe the hardware is already in place, The Mini 3 Pro needs to take an image of the landing area during take off, if this is what youre saying that it already does, then there is something very wrong with it, but i am 99% sure that it does not do this as the set take of height of 1.2m is no way high enough to take the snap shot of the landing area...
2023-6-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flormo2002 Posted at 6-19 04:17
Is it critical to land precisely in the center of the landing pad? As Ranjan stated, you will get precision landing when aiming the camera directly down and manually bring in the drone. I seldom use auto landing because we are pilots after all.

EDIT Ignore this post ------ I boobed.

Can you post videos showing the difference in accuracy between a camera-pointing-horizontally-landing and a camera-pointing-vertically-downwards-landing?
Taking what you say to be true, does the camera have to be orientated in a certain direction during the take-off phase and climb to approrpriate height and what is that appropriate height?
2023-6-19
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-19 07:13
Can you post videos showing the difference in accuracy between a camera-pointing-horizontally-landing and a camera-pointing-vertically-downwards-landing?
Taking what you say to be true, does the camera have to be orientated in a certain direction during the take-off phase and climb to approrpriate height and what is that appropriate height?

Sean, did you miss the part where he said MANUALLY bring the drone?
2023-6-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-19 07:33
Sean, did you miss the part where he said MANUALLY bring the drone?

Yes I did, whoops, I'll clean my glasses and switch off tunnel vision. But, then again, landing under manual control isn't really ''precision landing'' in the context of this thread.
2023-6-19
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-19 07:43
Yes I did, whoops, I'll clean my glasses and switch off tunnel vision. But, then again, landing under manual control isn't really ''precision landing'' in the context of this thread.

Correct. It's a shame some of the DJI folks don't know the specs/definitions of their products. My 2S, which DOES have Precision Landing, lands within an inch or two of TO point. But most of the time, I land manually after RTH brings it close.
2023-6-19
Use props
Sobrevolando Paraguay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3509183 ft
Paraguay

An observation that may be useful:
my Air 2s, (which I lost), climbed to a height of (not sure anymore) about 2 meters on take off.
Then came the announcement: The Homepoint have been updated (or something like that).
If I didn't then fly to an altitude of 8 meters and wait there for a moment: it never landed exactly on the landing pad ( H ).
Only after a short stop at 8 meters did she then land precisely.
2023-6-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sobrevolando Paraguay Posted at 6-19 08:27
An observation that may be useful:
my Air 2s, (which I lost), climbed to a height of (not sure anymore) about 2 meters on take off.
Then came the announcement: The Homepoint have been updated (or something like that).

Because it needs to climb straight up tp 7m+ to enable precision landing.
In the Air 2s manual it states
"b. During takeoff, the aircraft must ascend at least 7 m before flying horizontally"
2023-6-19
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-19 10:30
Because it needs to climb straight up tp 7m+ to enable precision landing.
In the Air 2s manual it states
"b. During takeoff, the aircraft must ascend at least 7 m before flying horizontally"

And this is what the whole Mini range is missing, not just the Mini 3 Pro, they take off to approx 1.2m. That right there tells us that this is not "recision Landing" and i am a little disappointed that DJI is trying to pass that off as precision landing, for us that have or had a drone that uses the DJI Go 4 app with a drone that actually has Precision Landing know that its completely different to what the Mini 3 Pro is able to do.

We are not talking centimeter accuracy like the RTK models have but we are talking inches for the models that can do a precision landing, the Mini 3 Pro cannot even do 24 inches, that's a big difference.

Granted, we can manually land it for higher accuracy but that is not what this and other threads on the same subject are about
2023-6-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-19 20:23
And this is what the whole Mini range is missing, not just the Mini 3 Pro, they take off to approx 1.2m. That right there tells us that this is not "Precision Landing" and i am a little disappointed that DJI is trying to pass that off as precision landing, for us that have or had a drone that uses the DJI Go 4 app with a drone that actually has Precision Landing know that its completely different to what the Mini 3 Pro is able to do.

We are not talking centimeter accuracy like the RTK models have but we are talking inches for the models that can do a precision landing, the Mini 3 Pro cannot even do 24 inches, that's a big difference.

In what follows I am not suggesting that any mini series drone has precision-landing but I will say.
I do not think the mini series having the 'auto launch and climb to a limited height' feature 'announces' that they do not have precision landing. I recollect that both my m2p & m2z have a similar feature but I do not remember using it as I prefer the CSC and throttle up approach method.
I would also say that their, m2p & m2z, precision-landing is cm perfect, I've only ever really tested it once, and then I took off with the camera over a coin sized mark.
It landed with the camera over that mark.
2023-6-19
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-19 23:56
In what follows I am not suggesting that any mini series drone has precision-landing but I will say.
I do not think the mini series having the 'auto launch and climb to a limited height' feature 'announces' that they do not have precision landing. I recollect that both my m2p & m2z have a similar feature but I do not remember using it as I prefer the CSC and throttle up approach method.
I would also say that their, m2p & m2z, precision-landing is cm perfect, I've only ever really tested it once, and then I took off with the camera over a coin sized mark.

1.2m aint high enough for the downward camera to take a wide enough image so that it can match it on the return, this is why the drones that have Precision Landing when you have to choose that during auto take off actually ascend to 6m (for the P4P) as it gives a wide enough area for the image.

For DJI to say that the Mini 3 Pro has Precision Landing is incorrect in the sense that its far from the Precision Landing that the aforementioned DJI drones have, here is why it  obviously does not have it...

• you do not have the option to engage Precision Landing when you choose the auto take off
  • it does not ascend high enough to take a wide area image (1.2m compared to 6m+ for the drone that deffo does have it)
  • its landing is nowhere near precise (within 3ft) compared to say the P4P or Mavic Pro (they have precision landing to the inch)
Its the 1st thing i checked when i got mine, as i assumed that with having the bottom camera (not just the sensors) that it would have precision landing but my tests clearly showed that it only has the GPS landing, the same as all the other Mini drones.

Its a shame that DJI is now saying that their Precision Landing is only capable of within around 3ft as opposed to a matter of inches with the older (and new) models because thats what it reads like from what Wanda is saying, thats how good GPS is or should I say how bad GPS is lol
2023-6-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-20 04:20
1.2m aint high enough for the downward camera to take a wide enough image so that it can match it on the return, this is why the drones that have Precision Landing when you have to choose that during auto take off actually ascend to 6m (for the P4P) as it gives a wide enough area for the image.

For DJI to say that the Mini 3 Pro has Precision Landing is incorrect in the sense that its far from the Precision Landing that the aforementioned DJI drones have, here is why it  obviously does not have it...

My Air 2S, which DOES have Precision Landing, also only climbs about two feet when using auto take off. Auto take off has zero to do with Precision Landing. The ONLY condition required is to manually climb straight up 7 m/23 feet before horizontal flight.
2023-6-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-20 06:20
My Air 2S, which DOES have Precision Landing, also only climbs about two feet when using auto take off. Auto take off has zero to do with Precision Landing. The ONLY condition required is to manually climb straight up 7 m/23 feet before horizontal flight.

For the P4P using the Go 4 app the only way to engage Precision Landing is to use Auto take off, there is no other way for the option to show, when you click the take off button, a popup shows with a switch option to engage Precision Landing, i have not seen it show at any other time. To be fair, its been years since I last used this as i rarely use the P4P so it could have updated since i last used it.
2023-6-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here ya go, this is how mine works...

2023-6-20
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-19 07:13
EDIT Ignore this post ------ I boobed.

I'm speaking about landing it manually with the camera pointing directly down. In autonomous mode, it wouldn't make a difference in accuracy
2023-6-20
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 6-20 07:33
I'm speaking about landing it manually with the camera pointing directly down. In autonomous mode, it wouldn't make a difference in accuracy

I now see that you boo booed. Sorry
2023-6-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-20 07:25
For the P4P using the Go 4 app the only way to engage Precision Landing is to use Auto take off, there is no other way for the option to show, when you click the take off button, a popup shows with a switch option to engage Precision Landing, i have not seen it show at any other time. To be fair, its been years since I last used this as i rarely use the P4P so it could have updated since i last used it.

Probably just the ones using Fly work as I wrote.
2023-6-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flormo2002 Posted at 6-20 07:38
I now see that you boo booed. Sorry

No problem.
Wpould you believe the notifications of your post have just turned up, 5 hours after I replied to them and 6hours after you made them.

WOW they are on the ball today lol.

2023-6-20
Use props
Sobrevolando Paraguay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3509183 ft
Paraguay

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-20 06:20
My Air 2S, which DOES have Precision Landing, also only climbs about two feet when using auto take off. Auto take off has zero to do with Precision Landing. The ONLY condition required is to manually climb straight up 7 m/23 feet before horizontal flight.

exactly. At first it only rises to 60 cm. Then you had to position it yourself at a height of about 7 meters (and wait a second) so that a precise landing would work.
2023-6-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

Sobrevolando Paraguay Posted at 6-20 13:20
exactly. At first it only rises to 60 cm. Then you had to position it yourself at a height of about 7 meters (and wait a second) so that a precise landing would work.

Don't have to wait at all. Just rise up minimum 7 m/22 ft. It's in the manual.
2023-6-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-20 13:58
Don't have to wait at all. Just rise up minimum 7 m/22 ft. It's in the manual.

I'd love to know where the idea of a "wait at height" is necessary originated, any idea?
2023-6-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-20 14:59
I'd love to know where the idea of a "wait at height" is necessary originated, any idea?

Nope. Probably from people who refuse to read the manual fine points.
2023-6-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-20 07:50
Probably just the ones using Fly work as I wrote.

Ah, that's when it was changed from being used only for the auto take-off then when they created the DJI Fly app. I do like the sound of it being able to be used all the time as long as you ascend to the required height prior to moving off.

TBF, i didn't know that the Air 2s used the DJI Fly app, I'm not even sure when they started the Fly app, I only started using that app when i got the Mini 2.

I see you mention about Precision Landing being in the manual for the Air 2s as it is for the P4P but not once is it mention in the Mini 3 Pro's manual, this reinforces what many of us believe, that the Tech is confused as to what we're on about
2023-6-20
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Japan

They're confused, maybe deliberately.

The Mini 3 definitely lacks what DJI themselves termed "precision landing" from the original Mavic days onwards.
The drone is absolutely only relying on GPS to get to a landing spot.
2023-6-25
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-19 03:16
DJI Mini 3 Pro utilizes the Downard Vision System and GPS to realize the precision landing. It is not a function but a feature.

Thank you for replying.

I'm not trying to be unkind or disrespectful when I say, I have to wonder if English may not be your 1st language…

Perhaps, you might explain to me/us, what your definition is of the difference is between “function” & “feature”?

I think that the definition of “Precision Landing” has been more than adequately defined & demonstrated by others here in this forum thread.

I know that DJI is in the business of selling products, & in their pursuit of doing so, to perhaps try to stretch the boundary of accurate product description.

So, Yes, please, since I remain unsatisfied with your answer, either contact the DJI engineering dept to either enable the Mini 3 Pro “Precision Landing” as per the product description, or to correct that description in that model's Specifications section.

I think that anyone who owns a Mini 3 Pro, like myself, would much rather the former.

Regardless to what degree that description may or may not have influenced their decision to purchase it, the DJI engineers at least owe that to those who have already purchased it.

With all due respect.
2023-6-28
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-19 03:16

It has now been ~30 days since I asked, & so far, with no reply or response.

Any updates as to my request re: “Mini 3 Pro & Precision Landing”?

Again, we wish & expect the feature as described, rather than merely a correction of the product description.

Also, your definition as to the difference between “feature” & “function” – for clarification purposes.

THAT will likely be educational & enlightening for all.
2023-7-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

BroomRider Posted at 7-18 15:35
It has now been ~30 days since I asked, & so far, with no reply or response.

Any updates as to my request re: “Mini 3 Pro & Precision Landing”?

The Mini 3 does not have nor ever will have precision landing. That is reserved for the Air series and above.
2023-7-18
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules