1249 20 2023-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pedzsan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 153625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Avata, the DJI Goggles 2 (not the FPV Goggles V2), and the FVP Controller 2.  I want to learn how to fly in manual mode.  It appears that DJI Virtual Flight does not work with the equipment I have.  If that is not true, please let me know what I might be doing wrong.  Otherwise, the reason for the post is to ask for suggestions of third party flight simulators.  I have tried "Liftoff" which is in the Steam ecosystem on my M1 Max Macbook Pro running Ventura and it does not find my controller (the controller was plugged into the Mac via a USB-C to USB-C cable).  I've also had suggestions to use VelociDrone but I've yet to see confirmation that it works with the equipment I have.

If I can't find a flight simulator, is there a best way to learn without one?  I've tried a couple of time to just slowly increase the throttle but so far, that isn't working.  I've also seen YouTube videos where experienced pilots when flying a new drone will first do test flights using line of sight rather than the goggles.

Another troubling thing is when I was testing it yesterday, the FPV Controller 2 didn't seem to have complete control.  Two pushes of the start button is suppose to start the propellors but rarely was that the case.  Perhaps 2% of the time was I able to start the propellors.  I have since re-linked the trio hoping that might help.  All the firmware is updated.

2023-5-19
Use props
djiuser_oF6L4g3TjIAF
lvl.4
United States

The xbox wireless controller works fine via Bluetooth on lift off simulator I still cannot get DJI simulator to run with any of their equipment.
2023-5-19
Use props
djiuser_oF6L4g3TjIAF
lvl.4
United States

I also use my DJI remote control the Lift off simulater. You may have to change the port setting on your computer to accept the cable. But it works fine for me
2023-5-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Virtual Flight is now only available for Windows PC. You may want to check the mobile version to experience the virtual flight app. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-5-19
Use props
Debugger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-19 21:09
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Virtual Flight is now only available for Windows PC. You may want to check the mobile version to experience the virtual flight app. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

Is there a link to download the Virtual Flight Windows version?
2023-5-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Debugger Posted at 5-20 01:14
Is there a link to download the Virtual Flight Windows version?

You may download the software here https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata . Hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-5-21
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is an annoying issue where you can't use usb-c to usb-c.  You need to use a usb-a to usb-c cable.  Using an adapter to connect the usb-a end to the computer is fine.  The cable is the issue.
2023-5-21
Use props
pedzsan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

A1C Posted at 5-21 04:50
There is an annoying issue where you can't use usb-c to usb-c.  You need to use a usb-a to usb-c cable.  Using an adapter to connect the usb-a end to the computer is fine.  The cable is the issue.

Someone else also suggested this and you are correct.  I am going to explore this more.  This may be why DJI Assistant 2 didn't work with this controller.

A usb-c to usb-c cable with and without an eMarker chip does not work.  The usb-c -> usb-a -> usb-c -> usb-c rig does work.  Sad...
2023-5-21
Use props
fans0a85b3fb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 322421 ft
Norway

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-21 03:54
You may download the software here https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata . Hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead.

Hi
Iam trying ur link, but i can not c anything for Window??
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans0a85b3fb Posted at 5-21 05:51
Hi
Iam trying ur link, but i can not c anything for Window??

Scroll down to the very bottom for you to download the said software. Thank you.
2023-5-21
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

now if only DJI would add support for the goggles in the windows version......
2023-5-22
Use props
Romeo66
lvl.2
Norway

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-21 19:06
Scroll down to the very bottom for you to download the said software. Thank you.
[view_image]

Thank you.

After i download it, i get this Messages

What does it mean?
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Romeo66 Posted at 5-22 01:59
Thank you.

After i download it, i get this Messages

We apologize for the inconvenience. Kindly please refer to the configuration requirements for the DJI Virtual Flight for Windows:

1. System Version: 64-bit Windows 7/8/10
2. CPU: Intel i3-12100
3. RAM:8GB RAM
4. Graphics card: GeForce GTX1060
5. Memory:8 GB and above
2023-5-22
Use props
Romeo66
lvl.2
Norway

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-22 03:16
We apologize for the inconvenience. Kindly please refer to the configuration requirements for the DJI Virtual Flight for Windows:

1. System Version: 64-bit Windows 7/8/10

i have all that. still not working. Have a look.
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Romeo66 Posted at 5-22 09:04
i have all that. still not working. Have a look.[view_image]

Thank you for your response.  The DJI Virtual Flight can only be run via Windows 10 OS. We have not tested the software on Windows 11 therefore, we cannot confirm its performance. Please try to use the software on Windows 10 PC. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-5-25
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-25 00:43
Thank you for your response.  The DJI Virtual Flight can only be run via Windows 10 OS. We have not tested the software on Windows 11 therefore, we cannot confirm its performance. Please try to use the software on Windows 10 PC. Thank you for your understanding.

erm....
all new computers are shipped with w11 factory....
this has been for quite some time now.....
2023-5-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BadBert Posted at 5-25 05:45
erm....
all new computers are shipped with w11 factory....
this has been for quite some time now.....

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Our relevant team is now looking into this. We will surely provide you with information once we receive an update. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-25
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

Might be a dump question but did you power on the controller? 1x short klick then 1x long pressed on the Power button.

My controller is working perfectly fine in Velocidrone, uncrashed and liftoff. Got also Win11
2023-5-25
Use props
pedzsan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Koolada Posted at 5-25 18:53
Might be a dump question but did you power on the controller? 1x short klick then 1x long pressed on the Power button.

My controller is working perfectly fine in Velocidrone, uncrashed and liftoff. Got also Win11

Hi,

Thank you.  Not a dumb question but I did turn it on.  It is al little confusing because before it is turned on, the lights come on because it is charging.

There are two "problems" that I've found so far.

#1: Me... I did not notice in the DJI Virtual Flight process of getting started a place to touch to go to the instructions on how to set it up for DJI Goggles 2.  DJI Virtual Flight does work with them.  An option in the menu that the instructions show needs to be turned on.  So... 100% pilot error on that one.

#2: The DJI FPV Controller 2 is not real USB-C (according to what the USB-C guys tell me).  If you connect a USB-C to USB-A cable, then a USB-A to USB-C converter, then finally a USB-C to USB-C cable, the Mac will see the controller.  This is because (again... I've been told so I'm just repeating here) the DJI controller needs two resistors to comply with the USB-C spec.  When I mention that Windows does not have the problem, they are a little stumped.  So... I would say that we don't know 100% what is going on or what is wrong.  But the work around to getting the DJI FPV Controller 2 to work with a Mac is to put a USB-A section in the cable between the Mac and the controller.

On a side note, for me, Liftoff's simulation of the throttle is nothing like the real thing or what DJI Virtual Flight simulates.  And there are other oddities with Liftoff for me as well that I can't really articulate.

With all the weirdnesses and my lack of knowledge, I don't want to point any fingers.  I can only say that for me, right now, as I have it set up (or incorrectly set up perhaps), Liftoff does see the controller but does not do a very good job at the simulation.
2023-5-25
Use props
DJI-Spark/MavicAir/Avata
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115240 ft
United States

Has anyone been able to get the motion controller 1 or 2 to work on liftoff on a pc? I have tried setting the controllers up manually in the liftoff settings but still has issues?
2023-5-29
Use props
pedzsan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Spark/MavicAir/Avata Posted at 5-29 06:56
Has anyone been able to get the motion controller 1 or 2 to work on liftoff on a pc? I have tried setting the controllers up manually in the liftoff settings but still has issues?

I have not tried.  But my experience with Liftoff with the FPC Controller 2 was not great.  I got things to work with DJI Virtual Flight.  While it is more limited, I believe it has a more realistic operation.  Of course, it may be that I don't have Liftoff set up correctly.
2023-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules