Confusion about FPV FAA Registration
1448 5 2023-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
38Tango
New

United States

I'm confused about the process of registering my new FPV drone with the FAA. It looks like I don't need to register it until September based on this article, but other sites say I still need to so I can get approval for flight.

Regardless, I can't find the Remote ID Serial Number needed for registration. I've tried the number below the QR code in the battery compartment, and the number on the packaging, but neither are 'Valid Serial Numbers'.

Can anyone provide some clarity into this process?
2023-5-19
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i dont believe the dji fpv drone has remote id capabilities and therefore cannot be registered with the faa as a rid drone.  you will need to purchase and register an approved external remote id module and fly with it attached to your dji fpv starting in september 2023.
2023-5-19
Use props
djiuser_p1ZzQHJNWzQ8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1093671 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-19 09:35
i dont believe the dji fpv drone has remote id capabilities and therefore cannot be registered with the faa as a rid drone.  you will need to purchase and register an approved external remote id module and fly with it attached to your dji fpv starting in september 2023.

How many people are really going to do that?
2023-5-19
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_p1ZzQHJNWzQ8 Posted at 5-19 16:22
How many people are really going to do that?

probably not many but i know i will simply because i have too many drones that are not rid compliant and i will have at least one external module that will be easy to attach to several different drones. i may not attach them for every single flight depending on where/when i fly but it's easy considering the issues you might face without using one.
2023-5-19
Use props
Sudupe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 691407 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Avata wasn’t compatible with remote Id at launch and they did it with an update. DJI should do the same with FPV.
2023-5-20
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sudupe Posted at 5-20 04:41
Avata wasn’t compatible with remote Id at launch and they did it with an update. DJI should do the same with FPV.

I agree. If you have registered the FPV with the FAA now, you will be able to cancel the registration at the FAA's site and reregister it once it becomes RID compliant.
2023-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules