DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-18 04:24
Please share some footage
(I'm going to keep trying)

I had a touch of sour stomach yesterday afternoon so not sure if some of the seafood I ate was bad or what.  In any case I just stayed on the boat and "rested" yesterday trying to get rid of that stomach ache.  I fill much better this morning so don't think it was food poisoning.  
2023-6-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-19 02:15
I had a touch of sour stomach yesterday afternoon so not sure if some of the seafood I ate was bad or what.  In any case I just stayed on the boat and "rested" yesterday trying to get rid of that stomach ache.  I fill much better this morning so don't think it was food poisoning.

Oh that is not too nice.
2023-6-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-19 02:24
Oh that is not too nice.

Yeah, wasn't the way I wanted to spend the afternoon for sure.  I always try to be super careful in buying seafood in making sure it is fresh but I think this time I failed in that attempt.  I'm always a bit leery of oysters to start with.
2023-6-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-19 03:14
Yeah, wasn't the way I wanted to spend the afternoon for sure.  I always try to be super careful in buying seafood in making sure it is fresh but I think this time I failed in that attempt.  I'm always a bit leery of oysters to start with.

Yeah, they can be bad for sure.
2023-6-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-19 03:43
Yeah, they can be bad for sure.

There used to be an old myth that they were only good in months that contained an "r" in the name of the month.  However, scientific research debunked that myth.  
2023-6-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-19 11:47
There used to be an old myth that they were only good in months that contained an "r" in the name of the month.  However, scientific research debunked that myth.

That happens with myths sometimes.
2023-6-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-19 12:20
That happens with myths sometimes.

Many times the myths are proven but on occasion they are debunked.  I'm still always careful to ensure the seafood products I buy are fresh.
2023-6-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-19 12:29
Many times the myths are proven but on occasion they are debunked.  I'm still always careful to ensure the seafood products I buy are fresh.

That is probably the best way indeed.
2023-6-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-19 12:30
That is probably the best way indeed.

Living on the Florida coast I eat  lots and I mean lots of seafood.  Supposed to be better for you than traditional meats.  However, I do enjoy having buffalo and bear meat shipped in for a different meat taste once in a while.  
2023-6-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-19 12:46
Living on the Florida coast I eat  lots and I mean lots of seafood.  Supposed to be better for you than traditional meats.  However, I do enjoy having buffalo and bear meat shipped in for a different meat taste once in a while.

I love both for sure.
2023-6-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-19 22:28
I love both for sure.

Is it hard to get buffalo meat in the NL?  I get mine shipped down from a butcher up in the Northwest U.S.  
2023-6-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-20 02:07
Is it hard to get buffalo meat in the NL?  I get mine shipped down from a butcher up in the Northwest U.S.

Coincidentally I found a water buffalo farm very close to where I live. That also butchers their buffalos.
2023-6-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-20 02:49
Coincidentally I found a water buffalo farm very close to where I live. That also butchers their buffalos.

Wow, that makes it really handy.  
2023-6-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-20 02:54
Wow, that makes it really handy.

Never tried it so far.
Not sure how expensive they are.
2023-6-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-20 03:31
Never tried it so far.
Not sure how expensive they are.

Bison is more expensive here than beef because of its limited supply. Bison tend to be raised in smaller herds on less land, making them more expensive to raise than their cattle counterparts.
2023-6-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-20 12:52
Bison is more expensive here than beef because of its limited supply. Bison tend to be raised in smaller herds on less land, making them more expensive to raise than their cattle counterparts.

YEah, I wish they would raise cows too that way. Better for everything (except for the price maybe)
2023-6-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-20 23:24
YEah, I wish they would raise cows too that way. Better for everything (except for the price maybe)

No doubt it would raise the price.  
2023-6-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-21 02:07
No doubt it would raise the price.

But it would reduce the burden on our earth.
2023-6-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-21 02:50
But it would reduce the burden on our earth.

It sure would.  Sometimes consumers lose sight of that but not the farmers and the cattle producers.  
2023-6-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-21 03:12
It sure would.  Sometimes consumers lose sight of that but not the farmers and the cattle producers.

Sometimes they (the farmers) have little choice as banks want the most profitable option.
2023-6-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-21 03:31
Sometimes they (the farmers) have little choice as banks want the most profitable option.

Having been raised on a large farm I can tell you that the profit margin was never large for the land owner to start with.  
2023-6-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-21 14:05
Having been raised on a large farm I can tell you that the profit margin was never large for the land owner to start with.

Here in NL they have to focus on intensifying their land use to get more profits out of them. Otherwise they won't get a loan.
2023-6-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-21 23:23
Here in NL they have to focus on intensifying their land use to get more profits out of them. Otherwise they won't get a loan.

Seems the farmer is still getting squeezed.  It's hard work for not a lot of pay. It has gotten a bit easier with all the technological advances over the years but still hard work and the need to put in a lot of hours daily.
2023-6-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-22 02:02
Seems the farmer is still getting squeezed.  It's hard work for not a lot of pay. It has gotten a bit easier with all the technological advances over the years but still hard work and the need to put in a lot of hours daily.

It's a passion, not a job (for sure)
2023-6-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-22 02:24
It's a passion, not a job (for sure)

You're absolutely right about it being a passion.  In years past it used to get passed down from generation to generation.  Not so much the case anymore.
2023-6-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-22 02:42
You're absolutely right about it being a passion.  In years past it used to get passed down from generation to generation.  Not so much the case anymore.

I see that happening too here (not passing down)
2023-6-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-22 02:44
I see that happening too here (not passing down)

Kids nowadays see how hard farming is and don't want to take on that challenge.  I really can't blame them.  I was lucky because my parents and grandparents who both farmed encouraged me to find a different career path.  Fortunately, I listened to them.
2023-6-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-22 02:52
Kids nowadays see how hard farming is and don't want to take on that challenge.  I really can't blame them.  I was lucky because my parents and grandparents who both farmed encouraged me to find a different career path.  Fortunately, I listened to them.

I very much prefer the small farms over the big farms.
2023-6-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-22 03:00
I very much prefer the small farms over the big farms.

I would have preferred to have grown up on a small farm for sure.  Having a large farm was so very time consuming.  Always something needing to be done somewhere on that large farm.  In any case it taught me good work habits.
2023-6-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-22 03:20
I would have preferred to have grown up on a small farm for sure.  Having a large farm was so very time consuming.  Always something needing to be done somewhere on that large farm.  In any case it taught me good work habits.

Here large farm = lots of things I would not want.
Antibiotics, pesticides, hoof problems, lots of nitrogen buildup and surplus of cattle waste etc. etc.
2023-6-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-22 03:42
Here large farm = lots of things I would not want.
Antibiotics, pesticides, hoof problems, lots of nitrogen buildup and surplus of cattle waste etc. etc.

Very true and several other things we had to keep an eye out for.  At least where I grew up it was well regulated and inspected quite often.
2023-6-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-22 13:47
Very true and several other things we had to keep an eye out for.  At least where I grew up it was well regulated and inspected quite often.

Yeah, I can imagine!
2023-6-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-23 00:46
Yeah, I can imagine!

It did help that my sister-in-law was a Veterinarian and kept tab on all the cattle and other farm animals we had.  
2023-6-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-23 01:49
It did help that my sister-in-law was a Veterinarian and kept tab on all the cattle and other farm animals we had.

My sister used to be a vegetarian too.
2023-6-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-23 04:15
My sister used to be a vegetarian too.

2023-6-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not anymore.
2023-6-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I don't think I could go the strict vegetarian route.  I've cut way back on beef but eat lots and lots of seafood.
2023-6-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-25 02:33
I don't think I could go the strict vegetarian route.  I've cut way back on beef but eat lots and lots of seafood.

Yeah, we leave the meet out completely sometimes.
2023-6-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-25 11:26
Yeah, we leave the meet out completely sometimes.

Yes, I've tried several vegetarian dishes and they were quite tasty.  I just don't think I could ever go fully vegetarian.  I'm just a carnivore.  
2023-6-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-26 03:17
Yes, I've tried several vegetarian dishes and they were quite tasty.  I just don't think I could ever go fully vegetarian.  I'm just a carnivore.

Same here.
Although I try to skip meet at least once a week.
2023-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules