Downloading and importing offline maps from SD card to DJI pilot app
4460 12 2023-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Turbulence
lvl.1

United States

Hi guys i struggle to find any info on how to download offline maps (without possibility to connect RC pro to wifi or hotspot) to SD card from external source using PC or other device with internet and improt it to DJI pilot app. Can anyone help me with this?
2023-5-19
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

To my knowledge there is no way other than to connect to the Fly app and do it that way.
2023-5-20
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... which drone do you fly?   
2023-5-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Turbulence. Thanks for reaching out. Can you confirm which DJI drone you are using? We'll be waiting for your update.
2023-5-21
Use props
Turbulence
lvl.1

United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 5-20 05:39
To my knowledge there is no way other than to connect to the Fly app and do it that way.

There is an option in DJI Pilot 2 App. When you go to account > Map Settings > Offline Map Download and press little map download icon in the top right corner it takes you to the screen with "Import" button where you can select internal storage or sd card to import from external source.
2023-5-21
Use props
Turbulence
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-21 02:59
Hi, Turbulence. Thanks for reaching out. Can you confirm which DJI drone you are using? We'll be waiting for your update.

Hi, DJI Tony. I'm using DJI Mavic 3E with RC Pro Enterprise controller and DJI Pilot 2 app.
2023-5-21
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can create mbtiles files and import these into DJI Pilot 2 for the Mavic 3 enterprise.  There is another post on the forums detailing how you can do this here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D673%26typeid%3D673, note I found that you can NOT have a space in the filename otherwise it will preview but crash DJI Pilot 2 when you enable it.
2023-5-21
Use props
Turbulence
lvl.1

United States

Axelz Posted at 5-21 08:29
You can create mbtiles files and import these into DJI Pilot 2 for the Mavic 3 enterprise.  There is another post on the forums detailing how you can do this here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=287050&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D673%26typeid%3D673, note I found that you can NOT have a space in the filename otherwise it will preview but crash DJI Pilot 2 when you enable it.

Thanks for reply. I've seen this guide before, but I believe this is mainly for creating custom layers in maps. I just need a simple way to download offline maps for the remote area I'm working on from external device.
2023-5-21
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Turbulence Posted at 5-21 08:44
Thanks for reply. I've seen this guide before, but I believe this is mainly for creating custom layers in maps. I just need a simple way to download offline maps for the remote area I'm working on from external device.

In that case you'll need to use the inbuilt offline maps download feature of DJI Pilot 2 with a wifi connection to Internet or with the 4G dongle.  Remember you can also use 3rd party software as well with the Enterprise, so that's something else to consider if this doesn't meet your needs.
2023-5-21
Use props
Turbulence
lvl.1

United States

Axelz Posted at 5-21 10:56
In that case you'll need to use the inbuilt offline maps download feature of DJI Pilot 2 with a wifi connection to Internet or with the 4G dongle.  Remember you can also use 3rd party software as well with the Enterprise, so that's something else to consider if this doesn't meet your needs.

Connecting RC pro to something with internet is not an option, its already at remote job site and there is no reception. So I have to preload it to SD card before i get there. And I'm sure there is an option to do it otherwise what's the point of import button in offline maps interface.
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Turbulence Posted at 5-21 08:20
Hi, DJI Tony. I'm using DJI Mavic 3E with RC Pro Enterprise controller and DJI Pilot 2 app.

Thanks for the confirmation. We'll forward it to our related team for feedback. Thank you.
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Turbulence Posted at 5-21 08:20

Hi there. Here are the instructions:
1. Login to MapTiler official website to download MBTiles format maps.
Official website link: (data.maptiler.com/downloads).
2. On the RC, open Pilot2 Settings, then "Map Settings>Custom Layer>Import," then choose the MBTile file in the folder where it was saved.
We hope this helps.
2023-5-31
Use props
djiuser_KPP3aLc4zuG2
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-5-31 01:50
Hi there. Here are the instructions:
1. Login to MapTiler official website to download MBTiles format maps.
Official website link: (data.maptiler.com/downloads).

This link hits a paywall. Have you or anyone else resolved this issue? I have a Mavic 3T with the RC PRO and my offline map resolution is so poor the maps are completely useless.
4-15 13:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules