Metallic burning smell from side motor
1069 3 2023-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cobaltblue87
lvl.1

United States

Anyone notice a burning smell coming from a new Ronin SC? Camera is balanced correctly. When I check it, everything says excellent. I've also auto-tuned the settings. Everything seems to be working correctly, but the smell is concerning. Haven't had the gimbal for a few months and probably used it less than 10 hours. Normal or not?
2023-5-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-19
Use props
cobaltblue87
lvl.1

United States

I've been using it regularly to make sure everything is okay. It really doesn't seem to be a problem as the smell comes from other parts of the gimbal too including the handle. The motors aren't getting hot. Could've just got hot outside in the sun. I'll continue experimenting with it and submit a case if necessary. Thanks for the response.
2023-6-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

cobaltblue87 Posted at 6-1 18:06
I've been using it regularly to make sure everything is okay. It really doesn't seem to be a problem as the smell comes from other parts of the gimbal too including the handle. The motors aren't getting hot. Could've just got hot outside in the sun. I'll continue experimenting with it and submit a case if necessary. Thanks for the response.

You are most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you experience any issues with your unit. Again, sorry for the late response. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules