1680 3 2023-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KeithM6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450400 ft
  • >>>
United States

I received the Integra goggles packaged with the Motion Conntroller 2 from DJI's store yesterday. First issue was all the menus were in Chinese, so took a while to find the switch for English. Got the new drivers installed on the goggles which must be done before the Mavic's or Mini 3 Pro appear as options that work with the googles.  Once installed I then wrestled with the descriptions in the manual as opposed to the actual options offered in the on screen menus. These could use some improvement. After the Mini 3 Pro, the controlller and the Googles were linked, it was time fo fly. The Goggles have amazing picture quality and after a few minutes, the contoller became relatively intuitive.

I thoughly einjoyed flying the combo although, as many others have expressed, using the RC contoller would provide a lot of advantages. The goggles with the contoller are lots of fun, but for serious photo work, I'll take the RC controller.

And then it happened...  I flew off a battery this afternoon with the same great results and powered everything down for 20 minutes. TIme to fly some more, exxcept the googles would not power up. They were dead as, well you fill in the blank. No green lights came on even when the charger was hooked up. No indication of power anywhere. Called DJI and they offered to repair it or I could just return it and get my money back. From past experience, if I send it for repair, it will take a week via UPS ground each way from the East coast, plus 3 to 4 days to return a rebuilt unit in place of my new one.

While feeling sorry for myself, I wondered if there might be some sort of hidden reset button, but could not find anything, so I started to expirement with the controls. After I held the Back button and the Power button down together for several seconds, the power came back and everything seems normal.  I don't know if this will be a chronic issue, but if so, this may help someone.

PS - The original DJI Mavic 3 Pro bag works well for the goggles and contoller. Much better than it did for the drone.

Keith

2023-5-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We do apologize for the unpleasant experience. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue on your Goggles 2 without sending it in for repair. We also appreciate you for sharing the procedure that you take to fix the issue. Please note that we cannot turn on the DJI Goggles 2 batteries separately and it needs to connect to the Power Cable before you can turn it on. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-5-19
Use props
KeithM6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450400 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-19 19:39
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We do apologize for the unpleasant experience. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue on your Goggles 2 without sending it in for repair. We also appreciate you for sharing the procedure that you take to fix the issue. Please note that we cannot turn on the DJI Goggles 2 batteries separately and it needs to connect to the Power Cable before you can turn it on. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

DJI Paladin - Thanks for your prompt reply.  I am well aware "that we cannot turn on the DJI Goggles 2 batteries separately and it needs to connect to the Power Cable before you can turn it on."

My first step in troubleshooting the issue was to check the battery connection and cable as the problem appeared to indicate the battery was no longer connected. After finding no fault, I attempted to connect two different chargers that had previously been used. Neither worked. I then used the battery from my DJI FPV goggles, but the battery would not turn on as it did not see anything on the end of the cable.

In thinking back on what had happened, I had the goggles on my head and tried to turn them on by tactile feel of the power button. It is not easy to find without removing the goggles. It is very possible that in doing this, I caused the problem by touching the power, back and 5D buttons in some sequence that caused the disconnect.  

Bottom line is that either I have a defective unit that will again break or that by pushing a combination of buttons, I caused the battery to become disconnected. Just wanted to document this in case others have the same issue.

For the moment all is well and the DJI FPV battery also powers everything well.
2023-5-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

KeithM6 Posted at 5-20 05:02
DJI Paladin - Thanks for your prompt reply.  I am well aware "that we cannot turn on the DJI Goggles 2 batteries separately and it needs to connect to the Power Cable before you can turn it on."

My first step in troubleshooting the issue was to check the battery connection and cable as the problem appeared to indicate the battery was no longer connected. After finding no fault, I attempted to connect two different chargers that had previously been used. Neither worked. I then used the battery from my DJI FPV goggles, but the battery would not turn on as it did not see anything on the end of the cable.

Very detailed information, Ketih. We appreciate you for sharing these with us. Please let us know if you have other inquiries. Happy flying, Keith!
2023-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules