deconnect an old account on my drone
2698 13 2023-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VladimirHdT
lvl.1

France

Hi, I just bought a second hand DJi mini 2 and the drone is still related to my seller's account
How can I  remove it ?
did I need to reset the drone ?
if yes how ?
Thanks
(sorry for my bad english,i'm french)
2023-5-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you are referring to "binding"  then you can not, only the "seller's account" can do that. They DO NOT need to have the drone in their hands but their App must be logged into the "seller's account" and connected to the internet for the 'unbinding' to register.
Can you fly the drone with out restriction?
Can you post a screen capture of what you see in connection with this? BUT edit out at least part of any emails address and or serial numbers, if you also screen capture the relevant screen with the App language set to English it might be useful.
2023-5-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. You may refer to the information posted above. In addition, kindly note that only the account holder has permission to unbind the drone with the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product. We recommend you contact the previous owner and request to have the device unbound from their account. Regarding resetting the drone, this will not unbind the device from the account, but would rather restore the settings of all modules to the ex-factory default settings. To reset, go to Settings -> About -> Reset All Settings/Clear All Data.
Additional note:
Clear All Data: This function includes “Reset All Settings,” formats the microSD card and erases the drone settings logs and app logs.
Please reach us back here should you have further questions. Have a nice day!
2023-5-19
Use props
VladimirHdT
lvl.1

France

hello this is the screenshot of my phone
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JdstJIBBaFbkVbpML4E8cJd9nZSNe5Od/view?usp=share_link
2023-5-20
Use props
neoborg
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Contact the seller and ask them to unbind the drone from their account.  It might be helpful if you also showed them a copy of any screenshots as proof.
2023-5-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I repeat the question
Can you fly the drone with out restriction?

There appears to be two strength of binding, the weaker does NOTHING in terms of restricting the drone and although it it annoying to see messages about it the messages can be ignore. I was able to establish this binding with 3 mini 2s  and fly them using any suitable controller and anyones' app. NONE of the mini 2s had FLYaway insurance or care refresh.

The stronger binding can ground a drone and might be able to render the controller useless.

If you have the former 'strength of binding' and can fly your drone without any restriction then you can ignore the binding.
2023-5-20
Use props
VladimirHdT
lvl.1

France

yeah i can fly
2023-5-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Then the drone probably has the same level of binding that those Mini 2s I tested had and it's an annoyance only. It would be nice if the selller would undo the binding but it doesn't affect you if they do not.
2023-5-20
Use props
VladimirHdT
lvl.1

France

ok thanks  you
2023-5-20
Use props
Pandhu Dwi
New

Indonesia

Hi, about the conv above, can seller know drone position?
2023-10-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pandhu Dwi Posted at 10-5 05:48

No they can not.
2023-10-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Pandhu Dwi Posted at 10-5 05:48

Hi there. The seller will not have any information from the drone because you have your own account signed in when using your bought drone. Have a great day ahead.
2023-10-25
Use props
djiuser_DQLq9zFwnDom
New

United Kingdom

Hi just bought air 3 fly more combo it was working fine and suddenly after update it doesn’t connect to my rc2 and i have tried the assistance 2 as well still not working it’s brand new help me with this problem please.
4-11 13:43
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_DQLq9zFwnDom Posted at 4-11 13:43
Hi just bought air 3 fly more combo it was working fine and suddenly after update it doesn’t connect to my rc2 and i have tried the assistance 2 as well still not working it’s brand new help me with this problem please.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please update your remote controller as well using the DJI Assistant 2 software then link them again then check if the issue persists. You may refer to the link below for some useful guides on how to properly link your aircraft to the remote controller. Please keep us posted.

https://repair.dji.com/help/cont ... ;paperDocType=paper
4-12 02:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules