Curious about EU Drone Rules for sub-250g drones?
1470 12 2023-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Are you curious about the EU/EASA Drone Rules for sub-250g drones in the Open Category? In this video, we'll explore the regulations, including drone registration, operator registration, and any age restrictions.

2023-5-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done Henrik.  
2023-5-20
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

Nice one !
2023-5-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes but how do the EASA rules and the local rules play nice together,    some same that night flying in their country is not permissible yet the EASA rules do not stop that.  
2023-5-22
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125135 ft
France

DAFlys Posted at 5-22 02:12
Yes but how do the EASA rules and the local rules play nice together,    some same that night flying in their country is not permissible yet the EASA rules do not stop that.

The local rules override the EASA ones. The EASA point that out. In France for example you cannot fly your Mini 3 Pro at night and a 14 year old can fly one legally.
2023-5-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DuRavary Posted at 5-22 03:16
The local rules override the EASA ones. The EASA point that out. In France for example you cannot fly your Mini 3 Pro at night and a 14 year old can fly one legally.

That was kind of my point except that if the drone is class marked it gets a special treatment.   The whole thing is another EU mess.
2023-5-22
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
France

DAFlys Posted at 5-22 22:19
That was kind of my point except that if the drone is class marked it gets a special treatment.   The whole thing is another EU mess.

I disagree. It’s simply another example of the EU  allows individual countries to maintain sovereignty. It’s hardly a mess, the requirements are found in one easy to use document. I’ve checked the rules for Spain, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland during the past few days, it was a straightforward exercise.
2023-5-22
Use props
_SoP_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 921604 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DuRavary Posted at 5-22 23:20
I disagree. It’s simply another example of the EU  allows individual countries to maintain sovereignty. It’s hardly a mess, the requirements are found in one easy to use document. I’ve checked the rules for Spain, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland during the past few days, it was a straightforward exercise.

Can you please share this one easy to use document? Would be very helpful and appreciated
2023-5-22
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
France

_SoP_ Posted at 5-22 23:39
Can you please share this one easy to use document? Would be very helpful and appreciated

https://europeandronecompany.com/european-drone-authorities-and-nofly-zones/
2023-5-23
Use props
_SoP_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 921604 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DuRavary Posted at 5-23 06:07
https://europeandronecompany.com/european-drone-authorities-and-nofly-zones/

Thank you, interesting to read. However, that page itself still does not provide clear structured information on what exactly is required e.g. to fly in Spain as a drone pilot who is registered in Germany as it just points to the official AESA website, and you get overwhelmed with all local information. It still took me some additional research to find what I need - but in the end I found it.
2023-5-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DuRavary Posted at 5-22 23:20
I disagree. It’s simply another example of the EU  allows individual countries to maintain sovereignty. It’s hardly a mess, the requirements are found in one easy to use document. I’ve checked the rules for Spain, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland during the past few days, it was a straightforward exercise.

So then the EASA rules are a waste of time and the individual countries should have just carried on with their own local rules.  
2023-5-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2023-5-24
Use props
Frank071
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128586 ft
Netherlands

_SoP_ Posted at 5-23 22:21
Thank you, interesting to read. However, that page itself still does not provide clear structured information on what exactly is required e.g. to fly in Spain as a drone pilot who is registered in Germany as it just points to the official AESA website, and you get overwhelmed with all local information. It still took me some additional research to find what I need - but in the end I found it.

Agree. And it is not well maintained, for instance two of the three links for The Netherlands leed to 404/Not found pages. And even if the links are correct, then it depends from country to country how helpful this is. For instance: I have a hard time finding the insurance requirement on the Italian government site.
It would be great if it became part of the EASA rules for member states to be clear about the deviations from the EU rules.
2023-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules