United Kingdom

2023-5-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shot DA.    If the handbrake fails that car will get an unexpected bath.  
2023-5-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great shot. Let's hope the tide doesn't come in much futher either
2023-5-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-20 02:31
Great shot DA.    If the handbrake fails that car will get an unexpected bath.

Funny thing was he had all the blinds down like he was sleeping there.  
2023-5-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-20 05:37
Great shot. Let's hope the tide doesn't come in much futher either

Thats supposed to be part of the port of London so let's hope nothing wants to be launched either.
2023-5-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-20 23:51
Thats supposed to be part of the port of London so let's hope nothing wants to be launched either.

Haha. The van would be the first thing to be launched, I'll bet.
2023-5-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-21 00:51
Haha. The van would be the first thing to be launched, I'll bet.

Hopefully at least they would have woken him up rudely.
2023-5-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-21 01:29
Hopefully at least they would have woken him up rudely.

2023-5-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-20 23:37
Funny thing was he had all the blinds down like he was sleeping there.

If that was the case then he'd be rudely awakened if the hand brake failed as that would be more than a bit of water splashing on his face.  
2023-5-21
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Yup, that would make for quite a splash for them
2023-5-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So much for taking it easy yesterday,  after stripping and rebuilding the carb on the lawner mower.  I ended up taking it over and cutting the grass.  We cam back and did a 6 mile walk,  which wasnt really planned but the good news was mu runner been seed bomb has started to show some shoot.   

Came back past the tent,  and guess what,  it was still there.  
2023-5-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-22 00:04
So much for taking it easy yesterday,  after stripping and rebuilding the carb on the lawner mower.  I ended up taking it over and cutting the grass.  We cam back and did a 6 mile walk,  which wasnt really planned but the good news was mu runner been seed bomb has started to show some shoot.   

Came back past the tent,  and guess what,  it was still there.

You'll have plenty of runner beans this season then.   OK on the tent.  Maybe he's there for his holidays. Unless it's another abandoned one.
2023-5-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-21 04:36
If that was the case then he'd be rudely awakened if the hand brake failed as that would be more than a bit of water splashing on his face.

Now they would be a good drone shot.   Van bobbing on the ocean.  
2023-5-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 5-21 08:25
Yup, that would make for quite a splash for them

Or a little bobbing on the waves.  
2023-5-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-22 00:29
You'll have plenty of runner beans this season then.   OK on the tent.  Maybe he's there for his holidays. Unless it's another abandoned one.

We already have plenty in the garden,  these were just a little naughty experiment.

I suspect it was abandoned but I wasn’t going to knock and find out.  
2023-5-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-22 01:16
We already have plenty in the garden,  these were just a little naughty experiment.

I suspect it was abandoned but I wasn’t going to knock and find out.

2023-5-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-22 00:59
Now they would be a good drone shot.   Van bobbing on the ocean.

That would have made for an extraordinary video subject.  Probably would have been used by the local news also.
2023-5-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice shot!
2023-5-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Apparently it's called seed bombing.  
2023-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-22 12:00
That would have made for an extraordinary video subject.  Probably would have been used by the local news also.

Yeah,  Im always on the lookout for something news worthy.
2023-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers Monty.   
2023-5-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My pleasure!
2023-5-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-24 00:20
Yeah,  Im always on the lookout for something news worthy.

You have to be as you never know what will occur that you can capture.  Plus, it is always nice to have your stuff published I'm sure.  
2023-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-24 03:16
You have to be as you never know what will occur that you can capture.  Plus, it is always nice to have your stuff published I'm sure.

Yes,  there is a certainly thrill about being published.   
2023-5-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-25 00:24
Yes,  there is a certainly thrill about being published.

Kind of a really nice pat on the back for a job well done.  I've never been published so I'm just guessing but it no doubt makes you proud to see your work get published.
2023-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-25 03:34
Kind of a really nice pat on the back for a job well done.  I've never been published so I'm just guessing but it no doubt makes you proud to see your work get published.

Currently working on a side project and I’m not sure whether to publish under my name or a pen name.  

Ps.  Another battery tab has cracked, so I’ve opened another case with DJI.  
2023-5-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-25 07:25
Currently working on a side project and I’m not sure whether to publish under my name or a pen name.  

Ps.  Another battery tab has cracked, so I’ve opened another case with DJI.

Dang, sorry to hear about another battery tab cracking DA.  I'm of the firm belief that this is a design/manufacturing flaw.  Will be interesting to see what battery design gets used on the rumored Air 3.  Hopefully, it will not be a plasticky tab design.
2023-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-25 11:26
Dang, sorry to hear about another battery tab cracking DA.  I'm of the firm belief that this is a design/manufacturing flaw.  Will be interesting to see what battery design gets used on the rumored Air 3.  Hopefully, it will not be a plasticky tab design.

Sadly Im still waiting for a label for the return.   seems slow this time.   I bet they go with the Mavic 3 style battery on the Air3.
2023-5-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-26 00:05
Sadly Im still waiting for a label for the return.   seems slow this time.   I bet they go with the Mavic 3 style battery on the Air3.

I think DJI would be wise to go with the Mavic 3 style battery for the Air 3.  

Hoping you get your label soon so that you can start the warranty process on your busted tab battery.
2023-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-26 03:13
I think DJI would be wise to go with the Mavic 3 style battery for the Air 3.  

Hoping you get your label soon so that you can start the warranty process on your busted tab battery.

Funny you mention that,   I raised a post about 30 mins ago questioning the delay,  and guess what,  it just arrived.    No point rushing to do it now though as it will just sit at the UPS collection point until Tuesday.  Holiday here Monday
2023-5-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-26 04:47
Funny you mention that,   I raised a post about 30 mins ago questioning the delay,  and guess what,  it just arrived.    No point rushing to do it now though as it will just sit at the UPS collection point until Tuesday.  Holiday here Monday

I saw your post in the Service section.  Glad you finally got your label.  I see that Monday is the Spring Bank Holiday in the UK.  So no sense getting in a hurry to get it out to just sit at the UPS collection point.  At least you have an idea of how long the round trip for the battery will take.  Hopefully, this time around it will not get sent back up North of you on the return trip.  Although that does seem to be their normal  modus operandi.  
2023-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-26 13:28
I saw your post in the Service section.  Glad you finally got your label.  I see that Monday is the Spring Bank Holiday in the UK.  So no sense getting in a hurry to get it out to just sit at the UPS collection point.  At least you have an idea of how long the round trip for the battery will take.  Hopefully, this time around it will not get sent back up North of you on the return trip.  Although that does seem to be their normal  modus operandi.

Exactly.   If the label had arrived like before I could have dropped it of Friday and it would have started it journey,   but I dropped it off Saturday as I passed a drop off point,   didnt have to go out of my way etc and it was very convenient.   I have plenty of batteries so loosing one for a couple of weeks doesn't really matter to me.  
2023-5-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-27 23:55
Exactly.   If the label had arrived like before I could have dropped it of Friday and it would have started it journey,   but I dropped it off Saturday as I passed a drop off point,   didnt have to go out of my way etc and it was very convenient.   I have plenty of batteries so loosing one for a couple of weeks doesn't really matter to me.

It's good that you have plenty of batteries to keep you flying while you are waiting on a warranty replacement.  

One of the guys that I went on the dive trip with yesterday just bought the Mavic 3 Pro and he swears its the best drone he has ever owned.   That's saying a lot considering he just sold his Inspire 2 and Mavic 2 Pro.  He said I could join him one day for a flight and test it out.  He says he has never flow the Mini 3 Pro and would like to give it a whirl.  So we might meet up one day next week.  I told him I "might" be interested in the Air 3 and he was trying to put a sales pitch on me for the Mavic 3 Pro.
2023-5-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-28 16:42
It's good that you have plenty of batteries to keep you flying while you are waiting on a warranty replacement.  

One of the guys that I went on the dive trip with yesterday just bought the Mavic 3 Pro and he swears its the best drone he has ever owned.   That's saying a lot considering he just sold his Inspire 2 and Mavic 2 Pro.  He said I could join him one day for a flight and test it out.  He says he has never flow the Mini 3 Pro and would like to give it a whirl.  So we might meet up one day next week.  I told him I "might" be interested in the Air 3 and he was trying to put a sales pitch on me for the Mavic 3 Pro.

I think he's probably right.   On paper it's a great bit of kit.    And if the rules hadn't been locked down here I think I would have grabbed one myself.   But as I like to try and be at least a little bit legal I wouldn't get the value of it that I can out of something <250g.   And Im sure the next 250g drones are going to be another nice round of improvements.  
2023-5-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-29 00:51
I think he's probably right.   On paper it's a great bit of kit.    And if the rules hadn't been locked down here I think I would have grabbed one myself.   But as I like to try and be at least a little bit legal I wouldn't get the value of it that I can out of something

Speaking of the next round of sub 250G drones I'm really interested to see what else they can upgrade or better on these drones.  The Mini 3 Pro is almost perfect.  Guess we will have to wait and see what DJI dreams up for the Mini  4 Pro.
2023-5-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-29 03:31
Speaking of the next round of sub 250G drones I'm really interested to see what else they can upgrade or better on these drones.  The Mini 3 Pro is almost perfect.  Guess we will have to wait and see what DJI dreams up for the Mini  4 Pro.

Id like to see 3 physical improvements,   Id like the build quality to be better as I use mine a lot.  Id like it to be faster in normal mode but maintain the same or better battery life.  And of course any improvements to the camera would be gladly received.  
2023-5-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-29 23:10
Id like to see 3 physical improvements,   Id like the build quality to be better as I use mine a lot.  Id like it to be faster in normal mode but maintain the same or better battery life.  And of course any improvements to the camera would be gladly received.

Those are some nice improvement to desire.  In order to keep the drone light it will be a real challenge to increase build quality based on the lightweight materials they use but I agree it needs it.  
2023-5-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-30 02:52
Those are some nice improvement to desire.  In order to keep the drone light it will be a real challenge to increase build quality based on the lightweight materials they use but I agree it needs it.

lol. I didnt say it would be easy,   Thats where the Air3 could probably really shine,   but that weight will not be good for us.
2023-5-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-30 22:58
lol. I didnt say it would be easy,   Thats where the Air3 could probably really shine,   but that weight will not be good for us.

So far DJI has surprised with what they were able to do with advancing the original Mini now up to the Mini 3 Pro.  So no doubt that will surprise us again with the Mini 4.  Just hope they change the battery design to get rid of those cracking tabs.
2023-5-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules