Camera Gimbal not responding on brand new drone
702 25 2023-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4cc312db
lvl.2
Flight distance : 362290 ft
Ireland

Just bought my Mini 3 Pro before my holiday in Lanzarote..didn’t fly it at all until I got here.. I was asked to do a firmware update when turn it on for the first time (the usual stuff).. However, when trying to fly it, I cannot tilt the gimbal at all.  (Not even pointing the camera downward with a shortcut button). And when try to put the camera in vertical mode it won’t turn the camera itself but it does turn the image on RC screen
2023-5-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered. We need to verify more details for better understanding. During the start-up, does the gimbal perform normal? Have you tried calibrating the gimbal? If the issue persists after calibration, kindly post a short video showing the issue for further checking. We will wait for your response. Thank you.
2023-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may I ask if there is any error message on the app? Could you please provide us with a video showing the issue for our further confirmation? You can upload the video to Dropbox or Google Drive and then send us the link here.
2023-5-20
Use props
fans4cc312db
lvl.2
Ireland

So after all that fury, I came back to my hotel room now determined to record the video showing the issues I have.. well, that’s when I realise I’m officially an idiot as the issues were due to a piece of foam behind the gimbal! So make sure you get everything out before flying the first time
2023-5-20
Use props
fans4cc312db
lvl.2
Ireland

2023-5-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans4cc312db Posted at 5-20 09:27
So after all that fury, I came back to my hotel room now determined to record the video showing the issues I have.. well, that’s when I realise I’m officially an idiot as the issues were due to a piece of foam behind the gimbal! So make sure you get everything out before flying the first time

I am sure your are not the first and you will not be the last. And fair play to you for owning up to the mistake.
Assuming it now works enjoy the drone.
2023-5-20
Use props
djiuser_sbToXzTk5ONt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34573 ft
Italy

hello, you are in good company, I had the same mishap.  Panic and then for a better look I noticed that little piece of sponge.  Good flights.  Papaseven
2023-5-20
Use props
WN1X
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37884 ft
United States

DJI needs to color that sponge red or yellow to make it more visible.
2023-5-20
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Good to know you were able to solve it.

Another question: Do you know what steps are required to register for flying in Spain? There is some contradicting material: Some information say that you are allowed to fly if you have appropriate registration in any EASA country. Other sources say flying without registration at the spanish authorities (AESA) would be illegal in any case. I want to travel to Tenerife soon and I am somehow stuck in the registration formalities....
2023-5-20
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

WN1X Posted at 5-20 10:52

Perhaps even add it into the manual where it mentions removing the gimbal protector, could help a bit...

Either on page 2 or page 7...
2023-5-20
Use props
fans4cc312db
lvl.2
Ireland

Burt37 Posted at 5-20 15:33
Perhaps even add it into the manual where it mentions removing the gimbal protector, could help a bit...

Either on page 2 or page 7...
2023-5-20
Use props
fans4cc312db
lvl.2
Ireland

WN1X Posted at 5-20 10:52

I was going to suggest the same… make the foam pieces in bright yellow or orange!! Its black on black and hard to see when you’re so excited to get that little thing up in the sky
2023-5-20
Use props
fans4cc312db
lvl.2
Ireland

_SoP_ Posted at 5-20 11:44
Good to know you were able to solve it.

Another question: Do you know what steps are required to register for flying in Spain? There is some contradicting material: Some information say that you are allowed to fly if you have appropriate registration in any EASA country. Other sources say flying without registration at the spanish authorities (AESA) would be illegal in any case. I want to travel to Tenerife soon and I am somehow stuck in the registration formalities....
Once you are an EASA registered drone pilot (and that’s because DJI drones have -amazing- cameras on board), you are covered to fly in EU and no need anything else for sub 250g drones!! At least that’s my take on this matter! Never had any issues…
2023-5-20
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fans4cc312db Posted at 5-20 22:43
Once you are an EASA registered drone pilot (and that’s because DJI drones have -amazing- cameras on board), you are covered to fly in EU and no need anything else for sub 250g drones!! At least that’s my take on this matter! Never had any issues…

Thanks for your view on that spanish chaos ;) Have a good trip!
2023-5-21
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125135 ft
France

I did exactly the same, yesterday. No harm done.
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for the update. Glad to know it's been sorted out. Happy flying!
2023-5-21
Use props
fans4cc312db
lvl.2
Ireland

_SoP_ Posted at 5-21 00:05
Thanks for your view on that spanish chaos ;) Have a good trip!

Thanks
2023-5-21
Use props
Frank071
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128586 ft
Netherlands

fans4cc312db Posted at 5-20 22:43
Once you are an EASA registered drone pilot (and that’s because DJI drones have -amazing- cameras on board), you are covered to fly in EU and no need anything else for sub 250g drones!! At least that’s my take on this matter! Never had any issues…

That is not completely true. The EU rules state that a member state may impose additional requirements. So it is correct that you only have to be registered once (in an EASA country) and no additional registration in a member state is required. But you still need to check local requirements, like in Italy where you need additional assurance to be allowed to fly a drone (also sub-250).
2023-5-21
Use props
fans4cc312db
lvl.2
Ireland

I’m not arguing with anyone in the matter of the laws, as I’m not an expert.. It’s a mess anyways, so for me, being registered as a drone pilot and flying a sub 250g drone I’m half way covered 60% of the time… be discreet and use your common sense.. I flew the bigger Phantom drones in the beginning of times with DJI so we came a long way since..I’m not going to worry flying a drone in the desert or mountains or wilderness.. DJI app is awesome and idiot proof when it cones to restricted areas so if you follow these simple rules you should be safe and have a bot of fun… that’s all we want.. the rest is just politics.. I just want to have fun…
2023-5-21
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

I didn't pull it out either, but there was a warning on the remote control screen that the camera's gimbal was locked. I then saw him.
2023-5-21
Use props
djiuser_RsigEDAVUItE
New

India

I just bought at Dji mini 3 pro yesterday, today when I try to operate it it is showing that gimble is stuck , what to do , camera is also not tilting
2023-7-15
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_RsigEDAVUItE Posted at 7-15 04:55
I just bought at Dji mini 3 pro yesterday, today when I try to operate it it is showing that gimble is stuck , what to do , camera is also not tilting

You did not read the other comments about the foam piece behind the gimble?
2023-7-15
Use props
hashtagbadpanda
lvl.1
Canada

I am having the same issue, however I did remove the foam. Gimbal does not calibrate on it's own on startup, nor will it calibrate when I try to do it through the "Controls" panel. The camera has zero movement and is completely unresponsive.
2023-7-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

hashtagbadpanda Posted at 7-19 13:59
I am having the same issue, however I did remove the foam. Gimbal does not calibrate on it's own on startup, nor will it calibrate when I try to do it through the "Controls" panel. The camera has zero movement and is completely unresponsive.

Hello there. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Are you getting an error message?
2023-7-20
Use props
hashtagbadpanda
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 7-20 00:25
Hello there. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Are you getting an error message?

I was getting an error message. I sent in for repair and received a new drone under warranty last week.
How do I transfer my Refresh plan to my new drone?
2023-8-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

hashtagbadpanda Posted at 8-9 10:41
I was getting an error message. I sent in for repair and received a new drone under warranty last week.
How do I transfer my Refresh plan to my new drone?

Hi there. The Care Refresh service plan should automatically get transferred to the replacement drone. You can check the service plan status by going to the following link and entering the serial number of your drone: https://repair.dji.com/device/search?re=US&lang=en
Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules