Avata yaw tumble on RC Motion Controller 2 ??
1537 10 2023-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1ac1e299
lvl.1
Flight distance : 316234 ft
Poland

Hello,

Today I accidentally did a flip using my motion controller 2 which came with explorer combo.

I'm not sure how but that was really strange, it managed not to crash but I wonder what did happened there.

Here is a video from DJI integra googles and the drone:
- https://youtu.be/jzp3ork5npw

Flightlog below, the flip is in 9m 47s:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/000BZ5HLYN2PYU1CJKQ3/

2023-5-20
Use props
scoble08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let us know how when you can duplicate it!
2023-5-20
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, better to post flightlog .

Look at this post to find your flightlog.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D780%26typeid%3D780

When you have your flightlog use this link .

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Then post the uploaded link here on the Forum
2023-5-20
Use props
fans1ac1e299
lvl.1
Poland

Sure, here is the link:

The flip is in: 9m 47s
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/000BZ5HLYN2PYU1CJKQ3/
2023-5-20
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

That Looks 100% Like avata Yaw tumble. You did fly sideway? Did you try to do the flying sideway stuff mid flyght?

Prepare to get blamed for Pilot Error ;) this Problem is Well known, but mostly in the FPV Controller 2.. "nice" they Made that "Feature" avayble with Motion Controller 2 now..

You can find many Videos on YouTube and Posts in this Forum If you search for yaw tumble, good luck with that...

2023-5-20
Use props
fans1ac1e299
lvl.1
Poland

Koolada Posted at 5-20 15:00
That Looks 100% Like avata Yaw tumble. You did fly sideway? Did you try to do the flying sideway stuff mid flyght?

Prepare to get blamed for Pilot Error ;) this Problem is Well known, but mostly in the FPV Controller 2.. "nice" they Made that "Feature" avayble with Motion Controller 2 now..

I know this issue, but as I know it was only "available" in Manual mode when using
RC FPV, not the Normal/Sport mode on RC Motion Controller 2...

In the video, I do right turn after which the drone does backward 360 flip, like in acro M mode, which concerns me of flying that drone if it's unstable even in Normal/Sport
2023-5-20
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans1ac1e299 Posted at 5-20 15:13
I know this issue, but as I know it was only "available" in Manual mode when using RC FPV, not the Normal/Sport mode on RC Motion Controller 2...

In the video, I do right turn after which the drone does backward 360 flip, like in acro M mode, which concerns me of flying that drone if it's unstable even in Normal/Sport

Yes that was my understanding as well. Cool that it did a tumble with the M2 controller and recovered so fast. I will have to try that myself.
2023-5-21
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

Yeah welcome to the Avata game.

For me this looks 100% like the Yaw error im surprised it did catch that well most time you will crash and if you are very Lucky your crash will result in uncrontrollable brick and do  a Flyaway or maybe crash into something/someone..

Thats the official statement of this error, so its your fault because you did fly sideway, will ofcourse happen too without wind:
"DJI Avata has a built-in propeller guard that may increase flight resistance, especially when flying sideways though it can improve product performance and flight safety. Thus, in a strong wind environment, if the drone turns around at high speeds, or takes a sudden brake when flying sideways at high speeds, the flight attitude may be abnormal. We recommend to fly the drone at a slower speed when making the drone turn around and brake under the scenario mentioned above."

You did fly sideway in your video so don't make yourself any hope to get a sollution for this.

2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, fans1ac1e299. Thanks for reaching out. We sent you a PM to gather some details for further investigation. Kindly check at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
2023-5-21
Use props
fans1ac1e299
lvl.1
Poland

I got response from DJI:
"We already received the response from our relevant team and advised that DJI Avata is a ducted fan UAV that propellers are spinning in a fixed duct. Thus, if the wind speed is high and the drone flies at a high altitude, please be cautious and avoid flying it up or down too quickly.

Additionally, the DJI Avata has a built-in propeller guard that may increase flight resistance, especially when flying sideways though it can improve product performance and flight safety. Thus, in a strong wind environment, if the drone turns around at high speeds, or takes a sudden brake when flying sideways at high speeds, the flight attitude may be abnormal. We recommend to fly the drone at a slower speed when making the drone turn around and brake under the scenario mentioned above."

So to me it means that after buying DJI FPV drone you should fly like DJI MINI or similar slow drone (

2023-5-24
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

fans1ac1e299 Posted at 5-24 03:00
I got response from DJI:
"We already received the response from our relevant team and advised that DJI Avata is a ducted fan UAV that propellers are spinning in a fixed duct. Thus, if the wind speed is high and the drone flies at a high altitude, please be cautious and avoid flying it up or down too quickly.

Yep, thats exactly what DJI is telling us. Or sell it and get a working Drone... Other modern Cinewhoops don't got this problem. Would bet the Mavic would even fly better with the new update hahaha

It's just funny DJI is even complaining customers for crashing with the Motion controller which is even more restricted in what you can do and how fast you can fly.

Told you they will just blame you for flying sideways.

2023-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules