Invergarry Castle and the Wreck of the Eala Bhan..
872 17 2023-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albion Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 2605597 ft
United Kingdom

Todays Highland Drone footage comes from day 4 of our recent holiday, and a localish day, the second drone flying location, Invergary Castle, and the sun came out - even if it was perrishing cold!

The Eala Bhan - White Swan - broke free of its mooring and was wrecked on the shores of Loch Oich below the Castle..

2023-5-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great views.   Sad to see the remains of the boat languishing in the shallows.  What's left of the castle seems to be sustained by those cross-bracing timbers on the inside.  If they were to give way, the whole thing might subside.
2023-5-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Impressive views.    No doubt it was a bit difficult in getting some of this footage due to the nearby tall trees.  Sad to see the old castle in such disrepair.  
2023-5-21
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-21 03:45
Impressive views.    No doubt it was a bit difficult in getting some of this footage due to the nearby tall trees.  Sad to see the old castle in such disrepair.

Yes, the trees were something I was keenly aware of, no easy way to capture what I wanted, and better safe than sorry was my motto that day - plus I was under time constraints as we were with non-Drone flying friends, so only a small amount of time available... Looking at it now I can see myriad ways to improve the flight..
2023-5-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 5-21 04:46
Yes, the trees were something I was keenly aware of, no easy way to capture what I wanted, and better safe than sorry was my motto that day - plus I was under time constraints as we were with non-Drone flying friends, so only a small amount of time available... Looking at it now I can see myriad ways to improve the flight..

Facing the cold and the nearby trees you did a great job of flying and filming.  We are our own worst critics as they say.  Guess it is true that hindsight is 20/20.  Keep up the great work.
2023-5-21
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-21 03:27
Great views.   Sad to see the remains of the boat languishing in the shallows.  What's left of the castle seems to be sustained by those cross-bracing timbers on the inside.  If they were to give way, the whole thing might subside.

Sadly all too many ancient monuments are in the same condition, Caslte Garry that I took a few months ag was similar... I think the storm last year didnt help any, lots of NTS places are shut as they need structural checking before visitors can be let bakc inside...
2023-5-21
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-21 04:48
Facing the cold and the nearby trees you did a great job of flying and filming.  We are our own worst critics as they say.  Guess it is true that hindsight is 20/20.  Keep up the great work.

Thanks... I shall do my best... Sun is strong today, I am wanting to go flying, but have things that need doing, perhaps this evening will afford an opportunity..
2023-5-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 5-21 05:42
Thanks... I shall do my best... Sun is strong today, I am wanting to go flying, but have things that need doing, perhaps this evening will afford an opportunity..

You're welcome.  Seems like there is a never ending battle of the things that need to be done versus the limited time we have to get them done.
2023-5-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 5-21 05:41
Sadly all too many ancient monuments are in the same condition, Caslte Garry that I took a few months ag was similar... I think the storm last year didnt help any, lots of NTS places are shut as they need structural checking before visitors can be let bakc inside...

I sent the Mini3Pro up to take a look at a ruin on a nearby hill this morning - one that I've been meaning to visit for a while.  Turns out it was only an old stone shepherds' hut.  Crumbling away slowly.
2023-5-21
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-21 06:12
I sent the Mini3Pro up to take a look at a ruin on a nearby hill this morning - one that I've been meaning to visit for a while.  Turns out it was only an old stone shepherds' hut.  Crumbling away slowly.

I have an idea for a video on the Highland Clearances, lots of footage of abandoned and crumbkling houses, and some poignant music... Need to have a go next time I am up there methinks...
2023-5-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 5-21 06:19
I have an idea for a video on the Highland Clearances, lots of footage of abandoned and crumbkling houses, and some poignant music... Need to have a go next time I am up there methinks...

Great to have a project in mind  
2023-5-21
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Oh, it's been more than 20 years! Cool place. No access, I guess.
2023-5-21
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 5-21 07:55
Oh, it's been more than 20 years! Cool place. No access, I guess.

No, all fenced off, if I had had an FPV then I may have thought about flying internally, but not with the MINI3 Pro, cant afford to loose it so early in the holidays, Care Refresh would replace it, but what would I have done for the next 5 days?
2023-5-21
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Albion Drones Posted at 5-21 08:45
No, all fenced off, if I had had an FPV then I may have thought about flying internally, but not with the MINI3 Pro, cant afford to loose it so early in the holidays, Care Refresh would replace it, but what would I have done for the next 5 days?

Yes and for care refresh you'd have to send it in so climb fences!
2023-5-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still lovely job capturing what you could.  
2023-5-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Beautiful video!
2023-5-23
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer