Mini 3 & Integra Googles drama
1279 14 2023-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Piros
lvl.1
Australia

Tried to pair up my Integra Googles to my Mini 3 Pro today . Best part about the Pro is no apps to fly  , well that’s all over now . I expected the updates but the DJI Fly app doesn’t actually have the pro remote on it . Everything updated fine the Googles and hand controller but Drone itself would only update the Fly Safe upgrade and could not update the drone showing Code 4 error . Which meant the goggles  and drone would not pair . The drone pro remote still fly fault free. , so onto support and after an hour they said I need to go to a computer and download DJI assist 2 , this is where the bell started .

DJi sent me this obscure link to download which my Mac immediately rejected as it possibly contained Malware , I got around that but at the risk of a malware infection , I download it and connect the drone and my computer would recognise the drone , so DJI suggest I turn off my anti virus and Firewall . I just freaked out as I thought I had been scammed BUT this was a genuine DJI request . I kid you not . I sent videos as requested and then they suggested I have to ship my drone back to be checked . This is a drone that flys flawlessly and accepts other updates not just this latest update to pair with the googles .  Problem still unresolved and can’t use googles .

Always been a fan of DJI customer support but today they really dropped the ball , will see what happens over next couple of days . As stated above best thing about the mini 3 pro is no reliance on apps and wifi connection.  Now you add the googles you are back in app download hell from your phone and computer too bad if you are out in the field with no connection , plus I didn’t even get to pair the hand remote what’s surprises awaits there  .

Notwithstanding the above I am the greatest fan on the Mini 3 Pro wihich is the most user friendly hi performance all round drone on the market , previously owned Inspires , Mavic & Phantoms but the Mini 3 Pro is king IMHO  Cheers Rob
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know which channel you contacted our support for troubleshooting? Would you please tell us the email address or phone number you contacted our support at that time? We will check the records and confirm with our teams. By the way, have you shipped the drone already?
2023-5-21
Use props
Piros
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-21 02:03
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know which channel you contacted our support for troubleshooting? Would you please tell us the email address or phone number you contacted our support at that time? We will check the records and confirm with our teams. By the way, have you shipped the drone already?

Hi there ,

I contacted your support direct from your web site , please see attached, no I have not sent the drone back . My email rp@vonpiros.com

Thanks Rob
IMG_9025.png
2023-5-21
Use props
Piros
lvl.1
Australia

Please see your email response

CAS-12873196-T3B2L7

CRM 0320000000057
IMG_9026.png
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Piros Posted at 5-21 03:46

CAS-12873196-T3B2L7

Thanks for your reply.  I will take a look.
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Piros Posted at 5-21 03:46

CAS-12873196-T3B2L7

Sorry for the inconvenience. I checked the chat records.
DJi sent me this obscure link to download which my Mac immediately rejected as it possibly contained Malware , I got around that but at the risk of a malware infection , I download it and connect the drone and my computer would recognise the drone , so DJI suggest I turn off my anti virus and Firewall . I just freaked out as I thought I had been scammed BUT this was a genuine DJI request .
About this issue,  if the Mac OS system has not been enabled to allow the third-party application installation permit, the notification will appear when you open the installation package.
I download it and connect the drone and my computer would recognise the drone
About this issue, I checked your video. You may try to connect the aircraft to the computer again refer to the following order:
1. Turn on the drone first,  connect the cable to the computer, and plug the cable into the drone after powering on the drone
2. Check whether the computer recognizes the drone
3. Open the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer series). Make sure it is the latest version.
4. Try several times. If the aircraft heats, please let it cool down and try again.
2023-5-21
Use props
Piros
lvl.1
Australia

How do I know if the DJI Assistant 2 is the latest version?
2023-5-21
Use props
Piros
lvl.1
Australia

I did that nothing is different still won’t recognise the device . Why is this so hard all I’m trying to do is link the Intergera googles to my mini 3 pro . Why don’t you fix the DJI fly app it would just be so much easier . Can you drop box the firmware update to me so I can do it via the SD card , surely I’m not the only person with this issue .
My download you sent is DJI Assistant 2 ( consumer drone series ) Version :V2.1..18 . Is this correct version . If you can’t sort this out I expect a refund on my Integera Goggles and controller.I am bitterly disappointed at your effort so far to resolve this . Thanks Rob
IMG_9028.jpeg
2023-5-21
Use props
layabout
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150633 ft
United States

Piros Posted at 5-21 05:57
I did that nothing is different still won’t recognise the device . Why is this so hard all I’m trying to do is link the Intergera googles to my mini 3 pro . Why don’t you fix the DJI fly app it would just be so much easier . Can you drop box the firmware update to me so I can do it via the SD card , surely I’m not the only person with this issue .
My download you sent is DJI Assistant 2 ( consumer drone series ) Version :V2.1..18 . Is this correct version . If you can’t sort this out I expect a refund on my Integera Goggles and controller.I am bitterly disappointed at your effort so far to resolve this . Thanks Rob

Nothing worked via my Mac as well. I tried plugging into my Windows compu, everything worked immediately. WTF.
2023-5-21
Use props
Piros
lvl.1
Australia

layabout Posted at 5-21 08:42
Nothing worked via my Mac as well. I tried plugging into my Windows compu, everything worked immediately. WTF.
It’s the old IOS v Android/PC scenario again with Chinese made products . China is so Android /PC based the IOS issues are often the most difficult to solve as they have the least amount of experience with them . The crazy part is we should NOT have to go anywhere. near a computer for a basic upgrade the app alone  should deal with this ., Still haven’t heard back so not a good sign . I’ll probably return my goggles even if we get over this issue , what happens next time there is a simple upgrade and I’m stuck in the field , plus pairing both devices has been hit and miss as well . ( goggles & motion controller ) just 2 more things to go wrong.

This could also be an issue with the latest Apple M2 processor  in my Mac , where the processing power of the M2 chip have leaped frogged the software designers performance capabilities-on 3 party software . This happened with a lot of my plug ins on my edit programme Final Cut Pro X . I assume DJI is still grappling with this as well.
2023-5-21
Use props
Piros
lvl.1
Australia

Piros Posted at 5-21 11:10
It’s the old IOS v Android/PC scenario again with Chinese made products . China is so Android /PC based the IOS issues are often the most difficult to solve as they have the least amount of experience with them . The crazy part is we should NOT have to go anywhere. near a computer for a basic upgrade the app alone  should deal with this ., Still haven’t heard back so not a good sign . I’ll probably return my goggles even if we get over this issue , what happens next time there is a simple upgrade and I’m stuck in the field , plus pairing both devices has been hit and miss as well . ( goggles & motion controller ) just 2 more things to go wrong.

This could also be an issue with the latest Apple M2 processor  in my Mac , where the processing power of the M2 chip have leaped frogged the software designers performance capabilities-on 3 party software . This happened with a lot of my plug ins on my edit programme Final Cut Pro X . I assume DJI is still grappling with this as well.
The fact that DJI is sending out Windows based PKG files to download Assistant 2 for Mac users , shows they are way behind the 8 ball on this . Fingers crossed they get it sorted soon .
IMG_9034.jpeg
2023-5-21
Use props
layabout
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150633 ft
United States

Piros Posted at 5-21 11:10

This could also be an issue with the latest Apple M2 processor  in my Mac , where the processing power of the M2 chip have leaped frogged the software designers performance capabilities-on 3 party software . This happened with a lot of my plug ins on my edit programme Final Cut Pro X . I assume DJI is still grappling with this as well.

Interesting. FYI, my MacBookPro is 10 years old, so maybe not a new chip problem. Anyway, best of luck.
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Piros Posted at 5-21 05:57
I did that nothing is different still won’t recognise the device . Why is this so hard all I’m trying to do is link the Intergera googles to my mini 3 pro . Why don’t you fix the DJI fly app it would just be so much easier . Can you drop box the firmware update to me so I can do it via the SD card , surely I’m not the only person with this issue .
My download you sent is DJI Assistant 2 ( consumer drone series ) Version :V2.1..18 . Is this correct version . If you can’t sort this out I expect a refund on my Integera Goggles and controller.I am bitterly disappointed at your effort so far to resolve this . Thanks Rob

According to your picture, it should be the latest one.
https://www.dji.com/ca/downloads/products/mini-3-pro
Could you please check whether the computer recognizes your aircraft first?
Whether DJI FLY APP or DJI Assistant 2, they are alternative methods to upgrade the firmware of the aircraft. Kindly understand that.
For your issue, you may try to update the firmware by using a Windows computer.
Or try to use another mobile device. If you are DJI RC, you may update the firmware of the aircraft with RC-N1 plus phone (if possible).
2023-5-22
Use props
Piros
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Wanda ,

No the computer is not reading the drone and what it tuned out to be is the DJI connection lead USB to USBC is not compatible with the Mac , it works fine on the Apple mobile device but not on the computer. I simply hooked up a USBC to USBC and it worked fine plus I used one of my adapters it also worked fine , only the DJI adapter did not work . So all good I am away .

Still a bit disappointed in the second part of your email where you recommend I use a PC or Android device to complete the upgrade , where would that get me in the future . You guys really need to do some more team training /R&D on Apple devices & IOS systems. I have attached a picture of the lead I used to successfully down load the update .

Thanks Rob Pirie
IMG_9070.jpeg
2023-5-23
Use props
guru_24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1034196 ft
India

Hi did your device got recognised
2023-6-8
Use props
Advanced