Cannot connect to my MacBook Air M2 - Did everything right, no luck
1656 10 2023-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vajra Fatih
lvl.1
Turkey

Hi all,

I am a Pocket2 user for 2 weeks. I wanted to transfer my files to my MacBook Air (M2), but had not been successful.
I used all adaptor combinations. In one of them, I see the question on Pocket2 screen "connect to computer?" and I confirm. But then nothing happens. On some videos I watched on YouTube, they show how the SD card in the Pocket2 is seen on finder, under "Locations". But on my locations, there is nothing like that (only my Google Drive). And I do not know how to find the pocket2 folder via the finder. I am also quite new to Mac (6 months).
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Peace,
Fatih
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Fatih. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered. Here are some recommended troubleshooting steps you may try:
1. Plug the smartphone adapter in a reverse direction or connect DJI Pocket 2 to a computer without using a smartphone adapter.
2. If you are using the Do-It-All Handle, ensure that you remove it before connecting the DJI Pocket 2 to your  Mac.
3. If you have the DJI USB Splitter Charging Cable (Type-A to Type-C), please connect the cable with the data transfer logo on the connector, if the other one is connected, it only supports charging.
4. Restart the DJI device and replace the USB-C cable, the port of the computer, and the SD card to have a try.
If the issue remains, kindly record the whole process and send it here for further checking. Thank you.
2023-5-21
Use props
Vajra Fatih
lvl.1
Turkey

Hi,
Thanks for prompt response.
Of course I paid attention to your points 1. 2. and 3.
Only thing you offered new to me was to reinsert the SD card on point 4. I also tried that now. So I tried everything you mentioned.

Here is the video I recorded https://drive.google.com/file/d/14yOSLb_f3Q2IMwVXs5pCTIsWzV5vbkuh/view?usp=sharing
2023-5-21
Use props
TechSportsLove
lvl.3
United States

This is what has worked for me with my M1 MBA:

I found a way to access my Pocket 2's SD card without having to remove it. I simply used a DJI Splitter Cable (with one USB Type A to Two Type C) and connected the USB C I/O labeled cable to my Pocket 2. Then, I connected the USB Type A end to an Anker USB C hub and plugged the hub into my M1 MacBook Air. This allows me to easily connect my Pocket 2. Even though it may seem like an unnecessary workaround (thanks, DJI), it gets the job done effectively. I hope this solution can help others as well.
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Vajra Fatih Posted at 5-21 07:11
Hi,
Thanks for prompt response.
Of course I paid attention to your points 1. 2. and 3.

Hello. Sorry for the late response. Are you still having the same issue connecting your Pocket 2 to your MacBook Air M2? Please let us know. Thank you.
2023-6-18
Use props
Vajra Fatih
lvl.1
Ukraine

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-18 04:39
Hello. Sorry for the late response. Are you still having the same issue connecting your Pocket 2 to your MacBook Air M2? Please let us know. Thank you.

Yes, I am still having the same problem.
Using exact instructions and the cable that was in the creator combo package.
Macos Finder do not see anything. So I have to first download to my phone and then to the laptop.

Also very often I see that the videos are split into 2 or more pieces automatically by Osmo pocket. That's without my intention. It gives me extra work.
Also the joystick attachment is now completely non functional. I think I used it only once or twice.
2023-7-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Vajra Fatih Posted at 7-31 06:20
Yes, I am still having the same problem.
Using exact instructions and the cable that was in the creator combo package.
Macos Finder do not see anything. So I have to first download to my phone and then to the laptop.

Hi, Due to the limitation of the SD card file system and in order to protect the safety of your footage, the video will be automatically split when the size of the video reaches 4GB size. This is a normal phenomenon, please rest assured to use the product. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-8-3
Use props
Vajra Fatih
lvl.1
Ukraine

Yes but this is very inconvenient. I have 7 files for 1 shot. And considering the fact that I cannot directly transfer to my Mac Book, but first to my phone and then to my laptop makes things extremely complicated. There is no pleasure in using this device.
2023-8-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Vajra Fatih Posted at 8-11 03:52
Yes but this is very inconvenient. I have 7 files for 1 shot. And considering the fact that I cannot directly transfer to my Mac Book, but first to my phone and then to my laptop makes things extremely complicated. There is no pleasure in using this device.

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. We totally understand your request. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for attention. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated
2023-8-25
Use props
TomSuk
New

Australia

Hi Vajra Fatih, I'm Tom. I got the exactly same problem like you. DJI Pocket 2 can't connect with Macbook M2, The DJI display ask to connect with Mac but when I check it didn't show in the Location of Finder.  If you find it out. Kindly share to me  please
2023-11-22
Use props
yia.z
lvl.1
Netherlands

I have a MacBook Air with M1 chip, same problem with DJI Pocket 2 and Action 2, couldn't connect to transfer data. Just got an Anker USB-C Data Hub (4-in-1, 5 Gbps) for €16. Hub connected with its USB-C cable to Mac, DJI connected to Hub's USB-A (there's 4 of those). Connected, problem solved. Will try with M2 chip MacBook Air this week, see if it works.
4-20 09:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules