DJI AIR2S high wind warning
1160 5 2023-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flying Shutter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1254980 ft

Indonesia

I was flying today when I recieved a high wind warning, it said that auto RTH was unavailable, so if I were to disconnect my drone, would it return to home? or just stay there
2023-5-21
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

It would just stay where it is.
2023-5-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"I was flying today when I recieved a high wind warning, it said that auto RTH was unavailable, so if I were to disconnect my drone, would it return to home? or just stay there"

I would say that the message is probably misleading, RTH should be available but if the wind it too strong then the drone will not be able to overcome it and return to the home.
However, what would happen if you disconnect the drone from the controller depends firstly on the "failsafe" setting, there are three options for what happens when there is a disconnection, see p42, paragraph 3 of the manual,
descend = land,
hover,
RTH.
Note, both land and hover could result in a low battery RTH, the drone might reject the landing site and then hover and a hover will eventually trigger a low battery RTH.Secondly, depending on the set RTH height and distance of the drone from the home point, an RTH could send the drone up into strong wind.
You really should familiarise yourself with the RTH behaviours in practise and the RTH sections of the manual, they are quiote complicated.
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. A strong wind warning will appear on the app when the air speed reaches 15 m/s (A strong wind prompt will be triggered when wind velocity is maintained at 15 m/s for 5 consecutive seconds.). When a wind prompt or warning appears, we recommend lowering the flight altitude or returning to the home point to avoid accidents. You may also refer to the statement of Sean above regarding the RTH for the DJI Air 2s. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-5-21
Use props
Flying Shutter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1254980 ft

Indonesia

Ok thanks for the information
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Flying Shutter Posted at 5-22 08:41
Ok thanks for the information

You are most welcome. Feel free to contact us if you have other concerns. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules