Main Camera - Soft Area
6470 191 2023-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zciUKm88uBnUtbtd0pL4ZA7
lvl.4
Finland

Crio Posted at 5-23 10:49
The footage youre reffering here is from a review that someone has shared. Its not mine.
My camera has blurry strip accros the frame, right about there.
[view_image]

On my first Mavic 3 Pro soft spot was at the same area.
2023-5-23
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

zciUKm88uBnUtbtd0pL4ZA7 Posted at 5-23 10:51
On my first Mavic 3 Pro soft spot was at the same area.

Did you got a replacement ?
2023-5-23
Use props
zciUKm88uBnUtbtd0pL4ZA7
lvl.4
Finland

Crio Posted at 5-23 10:54
Did you got a replacement ?

No, sent the first back to DJI for a refund and then ordered a new one from online shop here in Finland. I don't trust DJI support enough to handle these cases so it will have to be done this way.
2023-5-23
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Update
I was advised today after another chat and showing the fault to send it for replacement as Im under 14 days of receiving it.
Will post another update while thing progress.
2023-5-24
Use props
zciUKm88uBnUtbtd0pL4ZA7
lvl.4
Finland

Crio Posted at 5-24 01:45
Update
I was advised today after another chat and showing the fault to send it for replacement as Im under 14 days of receiving it.

Lets hope all goes well and you'll receive a good replacement unit!
2023-5-24
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 5-24 01:45
Update

Thanks for posting the info.
Is the 14 day period critical to getting a replacement? If I left it longer than 14 days would a replacement take longer or would I be forced to wait for it to be repaired etc?

I notice there's F all response from the Mods on the problem.
Where are they when we need help?
2023-5-24
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 5-24 03:44
Thanks for posting the info.
Is the 14 day period critical to getting a replacement? If I left it longer than 14 days would a replacement take longer or would I be forced to wait for it to be repaired etc?

When did you get yours ?
I would say it should be dealth with on warranty basis regardless, which lasts longer than 14 days.

2023-5-24
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 5-24 03:50
When did you get yours ?
I would say it should be dealth with on warranty basis regardless, which lasts longer than 14 days.

On Thursday, the 11th May.
2023-5-24
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I've started the return process with DJI (out of the 14 days period). I've pointed them to this thread and mine.
Hopefully, they look closely at the photos to find the out of focus areas and not just give a quick glance and think the photo is fine.
2023-5-30
Use props
djiuser_FHrQRhU4Zgr3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151962 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks for bringing this up!

I specifically looked for a thread with this issue before pulling the trigger to upgrade, as I have this problem with both of my M3 and hoped that they'll fix all that in the new generation... miss my M2P
2023-5-30
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this issue with the Mavic 3 Cine and what helped was to find good samples to upload with my samples to show literally what I was expecting. Well it did work and by the third drone I got the good one I have right now.

I did get lucky however and get a good Mavic 3 Pro on the first try so I have two good Mavic 3’s and I will hang on to them.

To the guy who keeps harping on people who sing Autel’s praises, my one and only Autel drone, a V2 EVO II Enterprise has an incredible camera, just gorgeous files and super sharp across the field.
2023-5-30
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mine is on it's way back to the Netherlands, today.
2023-5-31
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KS-6 Posted at 5-30 22:34
I had this issue with the Mavic 3 Cine and what helped was to find good samples to upload with my samples to show literally what I was expecting. Well it did work and by the third drone I got the good one I have right now.

I did get lucky however and get a good Mavic 3 Pro on the first try so I have two good Mavic 3’s and I will hang on to them.

See even if our drones will be replaced, there is a good chance we will receive units with the same problem considering amount of people with exctly the same type of issue.
If so, I dont think we are eligible for another replacement even if this is completly not our fault, just a batch of camera modules with exactly the same optically defective camera. Because thats what it is.

My M3 was perfect in that regards, so something went sideways during manufacturing or QC
2023-5-31
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 5-31 05:11
Mine is on it's way back to the Netherlands, today.

My is on its way to NL too...
I really hope the replacement will not have the same main camera fault.
2023-5-31
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I've seen it mentioned, that quite a few people are having the same problems with the camera. And probably lots more who haven't noticed yet.

My drone has arrived at DJI Netherlands HQ. I've asked them to look at this thread.
2023-6-1
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-1 04:49
I've seen it mentioned, that quite a few people are having the same problems with the camera. And probably lots more who haven't noticed yet.

My drone has arrived at DJI Netherlands HQ. I've asked them to look at the is.

Weird, my is still in transit
2023-6-1
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Update:
Dear Customer,
This message is from DJI Support. After testing your product, DJI has determined to provide you with free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished within 2 to 3 business days, after which the product will be sent back to you. Click REPAIR PROGRESS INQUIRY for the detailed damage information. Thank you for choosing DJI.

Item List:
Camera Lens Module (Telephoto)
Quantity: 1
Net Price : 101.65
Total Net: 101.65

Repair Service Fee
Quantity: 1
Net Price : 50.00
Total Net: 50.00

Freight

Discount

Sub Total Payment
VAT(at 21%)
Grand Total Payment (EUR)

My guess is they'll swap the camera module and not investigate the problem. Fingers crossed I get a good one.
2023-6-1
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-1 08:29
Update:
Dear Customer,
This message is from DJI Support. After testing your product, DJI has determined to provide you with free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished within 2 to 3 business days, after which the product will be sent back to you. Click REPAIR PROGRESS INQUIRY for the detailed damage information. Thank you for choosing DJI.

Fingers crossed.
My units is stuck somewhere between Ireland and NL...

I hope UPS didnt lost it
2023-6-1
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-1 08:31
Fingers crossed.
My units is stuck somewhere between Ireland and NL...

Is there any news about your drone being fixed?
2023-6-3
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-3 01:43
Is there any news about your drone being fixed?

Last update was from Airport in France, that was yesterday. I have no idea why this is taking so long. It will soon be 7 days after the package has been shipped.
2023-6-3
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Right,  the parcel is 100% delayed cause of UPS. Tomorrow will be 8th day as they have the parcel and last update was on Friday.
Its a joke at this stage.
2023-6-4
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Other people on other forums are noticing the soft areas now.
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... main-sensor.138225/
2023-6-4
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-4 03:18
Right,  the parcel is 100% delayed cause of UPS. Tomorrow will be 8th day as they have the parcel and last update was on Friday.
Its a joke at this stage.

Why the F aren't the Moderators helping out, offering advice?
2023-6-4
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

KS-6 Posted at 5-30 22:34
I had this issue with the Mavic 3 Cine and what helped was to find good samples to upload with my samples to show literally what I was expecting. Well it did work and by the third drone I got the good one I have right now.

I did get lucky however and get a good Mavic 3 Pro on the first try so I have two good Mavic 3’s and I will hang on to them.

Have a Autel Lite+ here ,I know what you are saying about an incredible camera.
2023-6-4
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UPDATE ABOUT NO UPDATE on 05.06
From Friday 02.06 the parcel is in France at the airport. I phoned UPS and first agent dropped the call, probably because he was clueless. Another UPS agent transfered me to wrong dept. and third agent said what I can already see when Im tracking the parcel. That it is in France. She said I HAVE TO CALL FRANCE UPS BRANCH and was asured they will speak English.
Yes, UPS told me to call UPS.
After spending some time and listening to French automated service which for me could be elvish or Swahili language as I cant speak French, I was connected with agent that didnt speak English at all. She transfered me to someone who was able to talk to me in broken English and was advised again the same thing what I can see on UPS website. They took my phone number and email address and someone should try to locate the parcel and come back to me. I have no idea if the person could take my email address correctly as they barely understand what I was talking as none of them speaks English well enough.
Saying the UPS is useless is an understatement.

After an hour on the phone I contacted DJI and was advised that if there will be no movement in next 48h I can contact them and they will start an investigation on UPS side. Probably a lost parcel form.
2023-6-5
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-5 02:10
UPDATE ABOUT NO UPDATE on 05.06
From Friday 02.06 the parcel is in France at the airport. I phoned UPS and first agent dropped the call, probably because he was clueless. Another UPS agent transfered me to wrong dept. and third agent said what I can already see when Im tracking the parcel. That it is in France. She said I HAVE TO CALL FRANCE UPS BRANCH  and was asured they will speak English.
Yes, UPS told me to call UPS.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope things get sorted quickly.

Mine is due to return tomorrow. I'll let you know if the issue has been fixed or not.
2023-6-5
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-5 07:25
I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope things get sorted quickly.

Mine is due to return tomorrow. I'll let you know if the issue has been fixed or not.

Please do, I have to wait another 2 days before DJI can step in and shake UPS.
Im hoping they could send me a replacement as soon as investigation process starts as Im without a drone for 8+ days and it doesnt sound like there will be any update from UPS anyway.
2023-6-5
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

So at least they acknowledged that is a defect after study of pictures...something that some members here wanted to cover in their try to kiss DJI's back...even if they call themselves "hotographers", they have no ideea how an optical issue appears, or they do not want to admit it ))).

Of course we will never see an apology from such non-people that don't possess enough bones to stand straight.

Right, David?
2023-6-5
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After all this and 4 days at the Airport the parcel came back to original facility in Paris

It was held by customs for 2 days in Ireland and 4 days in France. I have no idea how many people opened the box and in what state the content is.
Good I took few images before posting it.
Its scheduled for delivery for tomorrow if nothing bad happens again.
2023-6-6
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I received a brand new drone back, in a "drone only" box.
I shipped it with the drone and gimp mask and no propellers.

In the return new box was the drone, mask and props. In the packaging was my original mask.
So now I have two gimp masks and a free set of props.

I will test the 24mm camera soon and let you know if it's been "fixed" or not.
2023-6-6
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-6 04:45
I received a brand new drone back, in a "drone only" box.
I shipped it with the drone and gimp mask and no propellers.

Very good, post the results as soon as you can
2023-6-6
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-6 04:58
Very good, post the results as soon as you can

At the moment I can't fly to the exact position I took the other photos, due to ground activities.
I've take this shot https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... 8H/view?usp=sharing
In full auto mode. I'll reshoot it later in better conditions and in manual mode.
But the entire image doesn't look sharp to me. Especially, the right hand side.
2023-6-6
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-6 05:41
At the moment I can't fly to the exact position I took the other photos, due to ground activities.
I've take this shot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UPOPaGP4jDRqteEriKWG9o2LNgjKZm8H/view?usp=sharing
In full auto mode. I'll reshoot it later in better conditions and in manual mode.

I just review your sample and I can see that whole bottom is softer.
Idk where did you focused at but the second row of hauses is tack sharp, you cant say that to bottom one and side.

If you have more time please send more samples.
2023-6-6
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats your second row houses in the centre.

And thats just below ( first row of houses ) if its like that regardless of where you set your focus or stop down the lens I'dd say its another unit with issues.

I'll wait for more images and feedback from you
2023-6-6
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I focused on the centre of the image.
Does the aperture effect what's in focus and what isn't on a drone? I was told it doesn't. The same for aperture image quality.
Obviously, it does with a regular camera. But everything with a drone is generally far away at infinity and should be in focus regardless of the aperture used.
For regular camera (prime) lenses there's always a sweet spot where the lens is the sharpest. Is that going to apply for this 24mm lens?

I'll reshoot at a mid range aperture and focus at the top, the middle and the bottom of the frame.
2023-6-6
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-6 06:14
I focused on the centre of the image.
Does the aperture effect what's in focus and what isn't on a drone? I was told it doesn't. The same for aperture image quality.
Obviously, it does with a regular camera. But everything with a drone is generally far away at infinity and should be in focus regardless of the aperture used.

To be honest your 100% right.
Thats how it supposed to be as everything is far away enough.
I know it will not fix any missaligment of the lens and sensor permanently but should make even things out.
My M2P was best at f/4, but my M3P was best at f/2.8 and everything above made softer image. Weirdly enough.
2023-6-6
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-6 06:26
To be honest your 100% right.
Thats how it supposed to be as everything is far away enough.
I know it will not fix any missaligment of the lens and sensor permanently but should make even things out.

This folder contains 3 photos, shot at f5.6 ISO 100
0003 is focused at the top of the image, 0004 centre and 0005 at the bottom
https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... i9VZnyw?usp=sharing

Focusing at the 3 positions doesn't make any improvements, to me.
I'll shoot it again tomorrow when the Sun is out.
2023-6-6
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-6 09:00
This folder contains 3 photos, shot at f5.6 ISO 100
0003 is focused at the top of the image, 0004 centre and 0005 at the bottom
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1w0qBTobq7FC8-oEVwk6LVnE-9i9VZnyw?usp=sharing

Just checked them now and the blurry strip is still there.
Same spot, on every shot.
You have to decide how much it will bother you
DJI_20230606173105_0003_D.jpg
DJI_20230606173133_0004_D.jpg
DJI_20230606173158_0005_D.jpg
2023-6-6
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-6 10:32
Just checked them now and the blurry strip is still there.
Same spot, on every shot.
You have to decide how much it will bother you

I've just been looking at that area myself.

I'm going to send it back again. It's not good enough.
I wouldn't buy a high end monitor and put up with lots of dead pixels.

2023-6-6
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-6 12:04
I've just been looking at that area myself.
[view_image]
I'm going to send it back again. It's not good enough.

Fair enough, I would do the same. It would bother me.
2023-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules