6400 191 2023-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-6 12:17
Fair enough, I would do the same. It would bother me.

It was hardly worth taking it out of the box
2023-6-6
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

On the Mavic 3 drones, 2.8 is not nearly as good as 2.8 on the Mavic 2 Pro. Like said above, optimal on the M2P is about F4 and on the Mavic 3 it is 5.6. On the sample posted at 2.8, the lens looks fairly well centered. But on the 5.6 shots the soft blob starts to really stand out as the rest of the image evens up.

I'd have sent that one back too.
2023-6-6
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I've been in contact with DJI Support. They've looked at this thread and asked me to take more photos of the scene from different positions.
So, I've travelled parallel to the road, so the blurry area will be over different houses.
Here is the Google Drive link to those photos https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... oVrf60qcsgRe8yg4PBm
They were taken at ISO 200 and F8.

The easiest way to go to the blurry area, is to use a rule of thirds overlay, placed over the photos.
If you're using Adobe Photoshop, you can use the "Ruler". In Windows, press CTRL and R to activate the Ruler, then right click on the ruler guide to change it to Percentage.
Drag the rule lines out to 66%, to get the lower right reference point of the rule of thirds/burry area.

The area marked with the red circle is the approximate location of the blurry area.

2023-6-7
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-7 03:37
I've been in contact with DJI Support. They've looked at this thread and asked me to take more photos of the scene from different positions.
So, I've travelled parallel to the road, so the blurry area will be over different houses.
Here is the Google Drive link to those photos https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12peNztj_7gz95oVrf60qcsgRe8yg4PBm

Well... its official name is ''Rule Of Thirds Blur Issue'' from now on.
Im sorry to hear that its exactly the same with a new unit

Mine just arrived at DJI Centre in NL, after 9 days of Europe Tour.
Im scared I will get the same issue if replaced.
2023-6-7
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-7 03:40
Well... its official name is ''Rule Of Thirds Blur Issue'' from now on.
Im sorry to hear that its exactly the same with a new unit

Fingers crossed for you. But I wouldn't bet against it being the same.
2023-6-7
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-7 03:47
Fingers crossed for you. But I wouldn't bet against it being the same.

What other options do we have ?
This is a wide scale optical fault presence.

2023-6-7
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-7 03:51
What other options do we have ?
This is a wide scale optical fault presence.

I'm not sure.
Maybe get our money back and buy it from a different country region, in the hope it's not a worldwide issue and just affecting the UK /Europe production.
But that seems extreme.

2023-6-7
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-7 04:11
I'm not sure.
Maybe get our money back and buy it from a different country region, in the hope it's not a worldwide issue and just affecting the UK /Europe production.
But that seems extreme.

I would really like to hear an official DJI Statement about this.

This is not an occasional case.
Two people is a coincidence, but more than 3 ( that I know of ), and in addition, the current problem in the replacement is already a serious and very frequent problem.
2023-6-7
Use props
2wheeledphotog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3432372 ft
United States

I'm in the US and mine is coming today, so I'm hoping to do some testing over the next couple of days. Seems like most of the affected users here are from Europe, so I'm hoping this is, as some have mentioned, a regional issue and not global.
2023-6-7
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-7 04:18
I would really like to hear an official DJI Statement about this.

This is not an occasional case.

100% agree.
2023-6-7
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

2wheeledphotog Posted at 6-7 04:33
I'm in the US and mine is coming today, so I'm hoping to do some testing over the next couple of days. Seems like most of the affected users here are from Europe, so I'm hoping this is, as some have mentioned, a regional issue and not global.

Please post some urban style photos when you get chance.
And look around the lower right rule of thirds area, for any out of focus area(s).

Thanks.
2023-6-7
Use props
2wheeledphotog
lvl.3
United States

MS Posted at 6-7 05:37
Please post some urban style photos when you get chance.
And look around the lower right rule of thirds area, for any out of focus area(s).

Not able to get her in the air tonight, but I snapped some photos of my backyard and everything looks as sharp as I'd expect across the frame. But hopefully I'll be able to do some more rigorous testing tomorrow evening.
2023-6-7
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

2wheeledphotog Posted at 6-7 13:58
Not able to get her in the air tonight, but I snapped some photos of my backyard and everything looks as sharp as I'd expect across the frame. But hopefully I'll be able to do some more rigorous testing tomorrow evening.

. .
2023-6-7
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My first ( and hopefully last one ) replacement stuck in NL at customs again....

I cant work like that, it will be over 2 weeks to service a drone.
2023-6-8
Use props
2wheeledphotog
lvl.3
United States

Got some flight time this evening. It was probably 20mph winds and near sunset, so not the best conditions for sharpness, but everything looks as expected to me.
DJI_20230608201213_0010_D-1.jpeg
2023-6-8
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2wheeledphotog Posted at 6-8 19:39
Got some flight time this evening. It was probably 20mph winds and near sunset, so not the best conditions for sharpness, but everything looks as expected to me.

Hard to tell from a small jpeg.
Any chance you could attach link to RAW file or at leats full res. jpeg ?

Cheers
2023-6-8
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

It looks like Samsung have followed DJI's lead, with soft areas on an otherwise sharp image.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/pau ... xy-s23-smartphones/
2023-6-9
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

2wheeledphotog Posted at 6-8 19:39

Can you please reshoot this if you can.
But position the lower right rule of thirds line over a building's windows.
And ideally, fly parallel to the buildings on the left of central road, so everything will be in focus on that focal plane.
Thanks.
2023-6-9
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Banana blur, Rule of Thirds blur, Moonshine blur... Good that Samsung acknowledge this as a wide scale production fault.
Im wondering if they share same production line ugh !

2023-6-9
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Try to shoot a textile with repeated fine cover....will be easy to spot any optics defect.... Some like this.
IMG_20230609_132549.jpg
2023-6-9
Use props
2wheeledphotog
lvl.3
United States

I'll try and shoot and post some photos that show what you want, but I pixel-peeped these to death and I just don't see an unusual distortion and so I'm not going to sweat it. It definitely seems like there might be fairly widespread defects to European units that aren't affecting US/North American units (I haven't seen any posts from US-based users about this on mavicpilots.com, which seems to be primarily US-based users).
2023-6-9
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-9 01:46
Banana blur, Rule of Thirds blur, Moonshine blur... Good that Samsung acknowledge this as a wide scale production fault.
Im wondering if they share same production line ugh !

I wonder if both DJI and Samsung use Sony sensors. That if it's the sensor causing the problem and not the lens.
Maybe SpecSavers make the lenses
2023-6-9
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-9 03:26
I wonder if both DJI and Samsung use Sony sensors. That if it's the sensor causing the problem and not the lens.
Maybe SpecSavers make the lenses

STaph! PleasE! Im fuming here!
2023-6-9
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

2wheeledphotog Posted at 6-9 03:26
I'll try and shoot and post some photos that show what you want, but I pixel-peeped these to death and I just don't see an unusual distortion and so I'm not going to sweat it. It definitely seems like there might be fairly widespread defects to European units that aren't affecting US/North American units (I haven't seen any posts about this on mavicpilots.com, which seems to be primarily US-based users).

Any photos you can post will help DJI fix the issue and benefit their customers.
So please post some photos. We'll do the pixel peeping for you.
Link to Mavic Pilots.
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... main-sensor.138225/

2023-6-9
Use props
2wheeledphotog
lvl.3
United States

Hopefully this comes through full size. This was quite underexposed so the only thing I've done is adjusted the exposure in RAW and then exported to jpg. This is 1/20 exposure in like 20+ mph winds.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oewcR9UtBme9ygUv3XaymRAtCCSoe0h4/view?usp=sharing
2023-6-9
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

2wheeledphotog Posted at 6-9 12:36
Hopefully this comes through full size. This was quite underexposed so the only thing I've done is adjusted the exposure in RAW and then exported to jpg. This is 1/20 exposure in like 20+ mph winds.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oewcR9UtBme9ygUv3XaymRAtCCSoe0h4/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for posting the photo
Ideally, it would have been better to position the lower right third over a foreground building, but there's no need to reshoot it.
Your camera on the lower right third area looks OK.
The centre/center of the image looks sharp, but gets really soft towards the edge.
2023-6-10
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I've posted my replacement back to DJI today. Third time lucky?
2023-6-10
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-10 08:20
I've posted my replacement back to DJI today. Third time lucky?

Mine stuck in NL for 4th day now....both UPS and DJI said I have to wait. I kinda understand DJI but UPS is useless.
2023-6-10
Use props
2wheeledphotog
lvl.3
United States

MS Posted at 6-10 01:49
Thanks for posting the photo
Ideally, it would have been better to position the lower right third over a foreground building, but there's no need to reshoot it.
Your camera on the lower right third area looks OK.

The sharpness falloff at the edges is consistent with that on my Air2S so I just assume this is typical of DJI’s wide lenses, and this was at f/2.8. I’m going on a long shoot again today, so I’ll make sure to get better photos and see what sharpness is like at various apertures.
2023-6-10
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-10 08:28
Mine stuck in NL for 4th day now....both UPS and DJI said I have to wait. I kinda understand DJI but UPS is useless.

What an absolute shirt show.
If you've got Care Refresh on your drone, I think you deserve an extra couple of months top up for free.
2023-6-10
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

2wheeledphotog Posted at 6-10 09:24
The sharpness falloff at the edges is consistent with that on my Air2S so I just assume this is typical of DJI’s wide lenses, and this was at f/2.8. I’m going on a long shoot again today, so I’ll make sure to get better photos and see what sharpness is like at various apertures.

Great
2023-6-10
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-10 08:28

Any news on your new arrival?

After being stuck in the UPS location all weekend, mine is on its way to Leeds Airport this evening.
2023-6-12
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-12 09:39
Any news on your new arrival?

After being stuck in the UPS location all weekend, mine is on its way to Leeds Airport this evening.

Still at warehouse somewhere in NL...
I contacted DJI today as its 5th day when its sitting there doing nothing.
It's been 3 weeks today since I sent it.

2023-6-12
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So... DJI started an investigation with UPS as it looks like they lost the package. Thats a second strike on loosing things in transit.
2023-6-12
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-12 15:26
So... DJI started an investigation with UPS as it looks like they lost the package. Thats a second strike on loosing things in transit.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you can get a replacement soon... delivered from a different carrier.
2023-6-13
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think DJI pushed UPS and after 2 days into investigation of a lost parcel its out of delivery now. it's still horrendously bad service from UPS, but at least something's moving.
2023-6-14
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-14 00:19
I think DJI pushed UPS and after 2 days into investigation of a lost parcel its out of delivery now. it's still horrendously bad service from UPS, but at least something's moving.

That's great news about being out for delivery.
Hopefully, you won't need to keep the packaging for a return journey back to the Netherlands!

Mine has arrived back at DJI HQ today, after being delayed for one day.
2023-6-14
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At this stage im speachless. UPS stole this package. Im in home whole day as it should be delivered today.
I got an email it was delivered 10 min ago but there was nobody here. Thats a second time UPS done something like that.
No words !
2023-6-14
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I called UPS and someone should call me in an hour time ( which probably wont happen ). Im talking to DJI customer service now too.
2023-6-14
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UPDATE
After an hour local UPS office phoned and said that courier have the package on a van. Despite information it was delivered and signed ?! Said that courier probably scanned it by accident and will deliver it later today. Parcel was delivered but courier told me they are advised to mark them as delivered even that parcel might be delivered hours later ?! This whole situation doesnt make any sense to me but I got the drone.
UNFORTUNATELY same as MS my replacement drone has a blurry spot in the centre of the frame but now it migrated from right centre to left centre. Anyway its still there and I will be contacting DJI tomorrow.
2023-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules