Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-14 08:45
UPDATE
After an hour local UPS office phoned and said that courier have the package on a van. Despite information it was delivered and signed ?! Said that courier probably scanned it by accident and will deliver it later today. Parcel was delivered but courier told me they are advised to mark them as delivered even that parcel might be delivered hours later ?! This whole situation doesnt make any sense to me but I got the drone.
UNFORTUNATELY same as MS my replacement drone has a blurry spot in the centre of the frame but now it migrated from right centre to left centre. Anyway its still there and I will be contacting DJI tomorrow.

No wonder items get lost or stolen when they're told to mark it as delivered when it's not.
It can leave customers out of pocket.

Sorry, to hear that.
I was promised they'd delve deeper into the problem, as it's a second return. Hopefully, they do.
2023-6-14
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-14 08:54
No wonder items get lost or stolen when they're told to mark it as delivered when it's not.
It can leave customers out of pocket.

Yes I was told to provide more images as well.
Will shoot more footage today.
2023-6-15
Use props
iFlylikeafridge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2355823 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Before returning dozens of drones back, have you ever thought of testing the camera in a professional way, like placing it on a stable surface and shooting a printed focus chart on the wall? That will show if the camera indeed has any optical problem. Posting mid air pictures at a far away distance might be prone to a lot of factors that alter the image that way (wind, vibration, heat waves, user technique induced etc).
2023-6-15
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iFlylikeafridge Posted at 6-15 04:43
Before returning dozens of drones back, have you ever thought of testing the camera in a professional way, like placing it on a stable surface and shooting a printed focus chart on the wall? That will show if the camera indeed has any optical problem. Posting mid air pictures at a far away distance might be prone to a lot of factors that alter the image that way (wind, vibration, heat waves, user technique induced etc).

I did yes.
Real world images, holding drone, static drone, chart, it doesnt matter.
The problem is that all the factors you mentioned would cause issues in different places in the frame, not always in one and the same spot.
2023-6-15
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I've received an email from DJI, saying my replacement drone is on its way back to me.
So, no in depth troubleshooting to find the cause of the problem, as promised.

I'll have to buy some more brown wrapping tape, A4 paper and printer ink, me thinks ;-)
2023-6-15
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-15 06:03
I've received an email from DJI, saying my replacement drone is on its way back to me.
So, no in depth troubleshooting to find the cause of the problem, as promised.

I was told to shoot video too...
I think we are The Testers and we are passing our material to be analised.

Im printing bigger focus charts as well...
2023-6-15
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-15 06:06
I was told to shoot video too...
I think we are The Testers and we are passing our material to be analised.

Thanks for the info. That's good to know that someone is willing to fix it.

My delivery is scheduled for tomorrow.
2023-6-15
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-15 06:50
Thanks for the info. That's good to know that someone is willing to fix it.

My delivery is scheduled for tomorrow.

Fingers crossed! let us know if the new one will be any better.
2023-6-15
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-15 06:54
Fingers crossed! let us know if the new one will be any better.

Yes, I will.
2023-6-15
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After sending multiple images from the new unit I received an email telling me literally that because my previous drone had it and replacement has this as well it has to be normal.
I was again told how AF and Plane of focus works. That if you focus close everything further will be out of focus and if you focus on something far everything close will be out of focus.
This is not what Im experiencing. This blurry spot is there almost in the centre regardless what I do with the camera and always in the same spot.

Thats almost in the centre where everything around it is sharp.

How can you tell customer that because previous unit was faulty and replacement is faulty too it is probably normal.
Its like no one actually look at the images or taking care of cases and base their responces on random script given as a reply.

I will be contacting support again as this is unusable  and this issue need to be addressed correctly.
2023-6-16
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've sent an email explaining that the reply I received has nothing to do with optical fault we are having.
I was also chating with someone online just to be able to get more information, passed previous case and was told to send it for further inspection.

Why do I have impression that some people Im chatting with via emails for over a month have no idea after multiple images taken and proven it is manufacturing fault.
Not something that sometimes happen or disapear when you do something differently.
2023-6-16
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Crio Posted at 6-16 04:18
After sending multiple images from the new unit I received an email telling me literally that because my previous drone had it and replacement has this as well it has to be normal.
I was again told how AF and Plane of focus works. That if you focus close everything further will be out of focus and if you focus on something far everything close will be out of focus.
This is not what Im experiencing. This blurry spot is there almost in the centre regardless what I do with the camera and always in the same spot.

That photo you posted looks completely out of focus from back to front . If you’re only worried about the middle then you’re missing something.
Yes it looks blurred in the centre but it’s also out of focus. If this is the extent of what you’re getting from your images blurry centre is the least of your problems. I have to say I have been in photography a long time and i am also confused by what you’re trying to prove here. You really don’t need to prove that photo is completely out of focus and blurry “it is” .
2023-6-16
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 6-16 05:40
That photo you posted looks completely out of focus from back to front . If you’re only worried about the middle then you’re missing something.
Yes it looks blurred in the centre but it’s also out of focus. If this is the extent of what you’re getting from your images blurry centre is the least of your problems. I have to say I have been in photography a long time and i am also confused by what you’re trying to prove here. You really don’t need to prove that photo is completely out of focus and blurry “it is” .

Thats the crop from the centre of my frame, everything around it ( top, sides and bottom are in focus )
2023-6-16
Use props
KMwangrui
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Can you share the original image of this newly blurred situation? If this is the original image, then I think the blurred area is not a little bit but a large area
2023-6-16
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KMwangrui Posted at 6-16 06:15
Can you share the original image of this newly blurred situation? If this is the original image, then I think the blurred area is not a little bit but a large area

As mentioned previously this issue is in the middle of the frame.
Image above is just 100% crop of that area. Im not at home atm and I dont have full res. at hand but this thread has many images shared showing this issue both zommed in and full res. images.
2023-6-16
Use props
KMwangrui
lvl.2

Hong Kong

I have been paying attention to this post for a long time, and I have to say something about it. I have used 3 mavic3 classics before, two of which are brand new machines, and the other is a so-called after-sales replacement. There is a problem. The clarity of the first machine is almost perfect but there is a dark circle in the center of the picture. The other two machines have the problem of partial blurring of the picture. Now the mavic3 pro I am using also has imaging at the extreme left corner The problem of not being compact, based on the experience of using the camera before, I think maybe the optical axis of this 3pro is not particularly centered. This is the 3 series machine that I have experienced. In terms of probability, the probability of me encountering defects has reached 100%.
2023-6-16
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

My replacement arrived in the UK this morning and made it up to Leeds.
But then I got the dreaded "delayed" email from UPS.
If they deliver at the weekend, I should get it tomorrow (Saturday).
2023-6-16
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Crio Posted at 6-16 05:42
Thats the crop from the centre of my frame, everything around it ( top, sides and bottom are in focus )

If thats the case I would say you have a focus problem .if you photo has a close focus point  this could also be a problem, its hard to know from these crops , can you take a photo focused to infinity IE at least 15m from the first focus point.
It could be that something needs firmware to optimize the sensor, I’m not finding this problem i do get some softness particularly in lowlight or when using slow SS but in good light focus to infinity seems really good.
2023-6-16
Use props
iFlylikeafridge
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Crio Posted at 6-16 04:18
I was again told how AF and Plane of focus works. That if you focus close everything further will be out of focus and if you focus on something far everything close will be out of focus.

Can you shoot a brick wall or a focused chart  from about 1.5-2m (keep the drone straight to the wall plane) and post here the DNG file?
Shoot at a shutter speed higher than 1/250. Do a shot at F/2.8 aperture and one at F/5.6. I am an experienced photographer and can help you check if you have an optical issue.
2023-6-18
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 6-16 13:36
If thats the case I would say you have a focus problem .if you photo has a close focus point  this could also be a problem, its hard to know from these crops , can you take a photo focused to infinity IE at least 15m from the first focus point.
It could be that something needs firmware to optimize the sensor, I’m not finding this problem i do get some softness particularly in lowlight or when using slow SS but in good light focus to infinity seems really good.

I dont think its a focus problem as everything around this spot is in focus.
Also its always the same place in the frame
https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... lK3n?usp=drive_link
Also I dont think its a bad sensor aligment either as it would result in soft side. I had this problem on first gen mavic and X5s.
This looks like lens inperfection.
Do you own Mavic 3 P ? If so do you have anything like that on your shots ?

2023-6-18
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iFlylikeafridge Posted at 6-18 00:22
Can you shoot a brick wall or a focused chart  from about 1.5-2m (keep the drone straight to the wall plane) and post here the DNG file?
Shoot at a shutter speed higher than 1/250. Do a shot at F/2.8 aperture and one at F/5.6. I am an experienced photographer and can help you check if you have an optical issue.

I tried to shoot both resolution and focusing chart but the results are inconclusive as its to close to the subject which makes everything softer. Also I dont think main wide camera was designed to shoot close subjects. Also many lenses especially wide lenses suffer from close distance softness. I work with imaging for years but only experienced soft centre spots on DJI drones.
Im sure its an optical inperfection as mentioned above, same spot is soft every time, regardless where you will focus, what your settings are etc.
Here are some full res. images with that area circled + crop. High up and low shots.
Do you own Mavic 3 P ? If so do you have anything like that on your shots ?

I had Mavic 3 ( not a pro ) and it was perfectly fine.

2023-6-18
Use props
KMwangrui
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Crio Posted at 6-18 02:14
I tried to shoot both resolution and focusing chart but the results are inconclusive as its to close to the subject which makes everything softer. Also I dont think main wide camera was designed to shoot close subjects. Also many lenses especially wide lenses suffer from close distance softness. I work with imaging for years but only experienced soft centre spots on DJI drones.
Im sure its an optical inperfection as mentioned above, same spot is soft every time, regardless where you will focus, what your settings are etc.
Here are some full res. images with that area circled + crop. High up and low shots.

Have you tried shooting the same scene with different apertures, and see if the image quality improves when the aperture is reduced?
2023-6-18
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KMwangrui Posted at 6-18 04:42
Have you tried shooting the same scene with different apertures, and see if the image quality improves when the aperture is reduced?

Of course, no difference to the soft spot.
2023-6-18
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Crio Posted at 6-18 01:56
I dont think its a focus problem as everything around this spot is in focus.
Also its always the same place in the frame

I do own m3p and it seems to be fine no soft spots in the centre of frame. In low light its slightly soft but this is most likely caused by slow SS .
2023-6-18
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 6-18 11:07
I do own m3p and it seems to be fine no soft spots in the centre of frame. In low light its slightly soft but this is most likely caused by slow SS .

Yes, that's understandable when shooting at low light. Some focus fallout on corners is perfectly normal too.
2023-6-18
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 6-18 11:07

Mavic or Mini ? I own Mini 3 Pro too and its perfect in the cetre.
2023-6-18
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Crio Posted at 6-18 12:08
Mavic or Mini ? I own Mini 3 Pro too and its perfect in the cetre.

I own both and both of them are fine.
2023-6-18
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 6-18 12:31
I own both and both of them are fine.

I guess you can come to my place and see my images from M3P yourself lol
2023-6-18
Use props
iFlylikeafridge
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Crio Posted at 6-18 02:14
I tried to shoot both resolution and focusing chart but the results are inconclusive as its to close to the subject which makes everything softer. Also I dont think main wide camera was designed to shoot close subjects. Also many lenses especially wide lenses suffer from close distance softness. I work with imaging for years but only experienced soft centre spots on DJI drones.

Hi Crio. I analyzed your images. As it comes to optics, lenses themselves cannot exhibit soft spots or blur spots just on an isolated area in the middle of the frame. My opinion is that what you actually encounter is rolling shutter effect.
You see, Mavic 3 Pro has a very large and heavy camera module, that vibrates way more than Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Classic. These factors combined with a large 4/3 sensor without mechanical shutter can lead to more visible rolling shutter artefacts (due to slower readout speed on large sensors) caused by the vibration of the airframe.
As I told you, to perfectly isolate this issue, start your drone without taking off, and hold it in your hand at 2 meters from a brick wall, as perpendicular as possible. Shoot two exposures, one at F2.8, another at F/5.6 focusing in the middle of the frame and setting the shutter to > 1/250/sec and post here the DNG files (not JPEG!).
2023-6-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Just a random thought, have you tried removing the front lens cover?
2023-6-18
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iFlylikeafridge Posted at 6-18 14:25
Hi Crio. I analyzed your images. As it comes to optics, lenses themselves cannot exhibit soft spots or blur spots just on an isolated area in the middle of the frame. My opinion is that what you actually encounter is rolling shutter effect.
You see, Mavic 3 Pro has a very large and heavy camera module, that vibrates way more than Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Classic. These factors combined with a large sensor without mechanical shutter can lead to more visible rolling shutter artefacts (due to slower readout speed on large sensors) caused by the vibration of the airframe.
As I told you, to perfectly isolate this issue, start your drone without taking off, and hold it in your hand at 2 meters from a brick wall, as perpendicular as possible. Shoot two exposures, one at F2.8, another at F/5.6 focusing in the middle of the frame and post them here the DNG files (not JPEG!).

Its not a rolling shutter buddy. This is exactly the same spot every time no matter what you will do with the camera setting or the camera itself.
I have exactly the same fuzzy spot in the same place when drone is static or in flight.
This is not a variable issue.
Lenses can have many problems if they are not machined correctly. I cant tell what exactly is the issue here, sensor or the lens but as mentionem milion times in this thread, whatever you will do, blurry area is always there, same place.
Also Im not the only one with exactly same problem and in the same place, only the replacement that I've got has it on the oposite side. hence my thought about the lens inperfection.

2023-6-18
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-18 14:30
Just a random thought, have you tried removing the front lens cover?

Of course, that was my thought too
2023-6-18
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The replacement of the replacement arrived.
A few shots here https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... g74htjR?usp=sharing

I'll do more testing later.
2023-6-19
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-19 03:55
The replacement of the replacement arrived.
A few shots here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kbA0oAkrpIubZjlZPWAqrF3NNg74htjR?usp=sharing

I just checked them quick and to be honest I cant see any blurry spots. Which is good.
Will take a look at them later on but it looks like you have a good copy.
2023-6-19
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-19 04:00
I just checked them quick and to be honest I cant see any blurry spots. Which is good.
Will take a look at them later on but it looks like you have a good copy.

Thanks for the confirmation.
I hope I never crash it and start the whole thing again
2023-6-19
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So my M3P just went with an UPS today. Hopefully no delays... and I will get a good one this time.
2023-6-20
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crio Posted at 6-20 06:09
So my M3P just went with an UPS today. Hopefully no delays... and I will get a good one this time.

This time is the one
2023-6-20
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It arrived at DJI yesterday. Still sitting in Repair stage.
I wonder why its not being replaced as in MS case. Its a brand new unit with same manufacturing defect.
I'll post an update when I have one.
2023-6-22
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United States

Crio Posted at 6-22 01:52
It arrived at DJI yesterday. Still sitting in Repair stage.
I wonder why its not being replaced as in MS case. Its a brand new unit with same manufacturing defect.
I'll post an update when I have one.

That's good to hear they didn't F up with the delivery.
2023-6-22
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UPDATE
I got information that unit will be replaced but before sending it will be checked.
I really hope the person that will check this new drone will know what the issue is, and not just see if the camera can take images.
Anyway I was assured this will be checked and addressed accordingly.
Fingers crossed.
2023-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules