1444 6 2023-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_AVnvizUijkwp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75827 ft
United States

Hello:

I know the Air 2S is listed on the FAA website as Remote ID Compliant along with its Compliance Declaration.   However, is compliance contingent upon using the controller that comes with the Air 2S?    Or, if I purchase an Air 2S to use with my existing Smart Controller, will it still be Remote ID compliant?    I thought the controller was an integral part of RID so I'm concerned if I fly the Air 2S with the Smart Controller it won't work with RID.   Please advise.

Thank you,
Jim

2023-5-21
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any DJI controller with an integral GPS (as in smart controllers with the latest firmware), or the RC-N1 coupled with a smart phone with GPS running the corresponding DJI application (Fly in this case) is OK. When you power everything up and are connected to the drone, you can click on the "flight status" line (top left) to open the flight check list. On it will give you current RID status. Also, if RID does not work with the new firmware and fly app you will not be able to take off.
2023-5-21
Use props
djiuser_AVnvizUijkwp
lvl.1
United States

roamer105 Posted at 5-21 10:29
Any DJI controller with an integral GPS (as in smart controllers with the latest firmware), or the RC-N1 coupled with a smart phone with GPS running the corresponding DJI application (Fly in this case) is OK. When you power everything up and are connected to the drone, you can click on the "flight status" line (top left) to open the flight check list. On it will give you current RID status. Also, if RID does not work with the new firmware and fly app you will not be able to take off.

Thank you for your excellent reply. One more question please… Prior to Sept 26, do you think DJI will provide a firmware update to allow my Air 2 to be RID compliant?   Or should I just buy an air 2S?
Thanks,
Jim
PS.   Trying to avoid the RID module option.  
2023-5-21
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_AVnvizUijkwp Posted at 5-21 11:24
Thank you for your excellent reply. One more question please… Prior to Sept 26, do you think DJI will provide a firmware update to allow my Air 2 to be RID compliant?   Or should I just buy an air 2S?
Thanks,
Jim

i dont think so.  i have an air2 and i have zero expectation of rid sw update.  plan on external module.
2023-5-21
Use props
djiuser_AVnvizUijkwp
lvl.1
United States

Thank you. I agree. Watch 51 Drones video release today regarding the likelihood of an upcoming Air 3 which caused a price drop in the 2S.    I was able to use that video to negotiate the purchase of a new aircraft only 2S for only 500 bucks. I get what I want then. A good drone that is already RID compliant and I can use all the stuff I already have: batteries, smart controller, etc.    I’m just an intermediate level pilot so that’s a good solution for me. Thank you again for your guidance. Jim.
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Jim. Thank you for reaching out. There are three ways drone pilots can meet the identification requirements of the Remote ID rule:

The Smart Controller however is not on this list:

Let us verify this first with our relevant team. We'll get back to you once we receive an update. Thank you.
2023-5-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_AVnvizUijkwp Posted at 5-21 11:24
Thank you for your excellent reply. One more question please… Prior to Sept 26, do you think DJI will provide a firmware update to allow my Air 2 to be RID compliant?   Or should I just buy an air 2S?
Thanks,
Jim

There's a special deal on drones tags purchased today for $49 - https://shop.dronetag.cz/products/41-dronetag-bs.html
2023-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules