Macao

what do you guys think about this one?
Anyone using it?

2015-8-25
Use props
alan
lvl.2

United States

It says on the web site that it also needs some kind of triggering via a transmitter and receiver. But it doesn't say how to do this with the Inspire.
2015-8-26
Use props
Dimjar
lvl.1

France

In the manual, it is said that you can use it with the servo connected to a receiver and in that case, you need another radio to do the deployment. You can also use arduino or pixhawk...it's indicated that it works with every PPM module.
2015-8-26
Use props
Midnightrider
lvl.2

United States

The video (unless I missed it doesn't show the parachute deploying. I would think even if the motors have stopped the props will still auto rotate and high probability of snagging the chute. Would like to hear more before I invest.
2015-8-26
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unless you know what the orientation of the craft is during free fall, which I am happy I do not, the parachute stands a good chance of hanging up and not deploying properly. They need a video and several test showing it falling with the chute open. The opening snippet of video shows the craft falling with the chute, but it doesn't look like it is falling very slow. Interesting concept.
2015-8-26
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

houston Posted at 2015-8-27 07:03
Unless you know what the orientation of the craft is during free fall, which I am happy I do not, th ...

I agree it's a good start. And a much friendlier system than the full blown DJI version.
Which, btw, I'm still waiting to see a vid of it in real scenario test.
2015-8-26
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

I agree with you guys as well. I would need to see actual video deployment  while in motion. If it truly worked and helped the decent it could be a promising tool to prevent injuries, damage to property and help save inspire 1. It is something to keep an eye on. It shows promise.
2015-9-8
Use props
Dimjar
lvl.1

France

I think the video test with deployment will come soon, if you look the Ipad in the first minutes of the video, it looks like this is a deployment! For the deployment, and the parachute is propulsed really far away from the aircraft and very quickly so the deployment is good.
2015-9-10
Use props
Dimjar
lvl.1

France

In combination with its Parachute kit, Opale releases this remote to deploy parachutes:

2015-11-25
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

houston Posted at 2015-8-26 18:03
Unless you know what the orientation of the craft is during free fall, which I am happy I do not, th ...

Good point! I believe DJI has a chute for their higher end products. It may be under accessories for the S800. Not positive though.
2015-11-25
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

Dimjar Posted at 2015-11-25 18:32
In combination with its Parachute kit, Opale releases this remote to deploy parachutes:

https://www ...

And still no video of an actual deployment and landing.
2015-11-25
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

although I think a parachute is a great idea, the deployment and implementation is everything. The button kinda of scares me. What RF is being used? Could it go off accidentally? The button should have a safety cover over it so as to prevent an accidental deployment of the chute. Not trying to be Johhny rain cloud here, just mentioning some of my own concerns.
2015-12-4
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not for me, just dead weight.
2015-12-6
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

yeach, i wonder what going to be the flight time of the inspire 1 with X5 cam, TB 47, and parachute...{:3_41:}  5 min?
2015-12-6
Use props
chrisbibby2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just purchased the opal paramodels parachute, i am waiting for NorthUAV Mayday to be realeased, its an autonomous system that can detect a crash I.E free fall.
i will update on flight times once everything is installed, prob be after xmas now though.

2015-12-9
Use props
Dimjar
lvl.1

France

Ejection system+parachute weighs 230g.
2015-12-9
Use props
bevin.lealand
lvl.2

New Zealand

chrisbibby2 Posted at 2015-12-9 21:09
Just purchased the opal paramodels parachute, i am waiting for NorthUAV Mayday to be realeased, its  ...

I've spent a long time looking around I've also purchased the same.
2015-12-10
Use props
chrisbibby2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just done first test flights with the paramodels parachute, i did not notice any significant drop in flight time with this parachute installed
2016-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules