Camera wont look up and down
790 4 2023-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmsilverberg
lvl.1

United States

I bought a mavic pro from facebook market place. It was initially bought in 2017 and flown twice.
I recently crashed it head first into a wall. It cracked the lense and a couple of the props are chipped but other than that, no real scratches on the body. The flight is all normal, stays still and flys well, even the camera is still clear with the lense crack. The only issue is that the camera wont look up and down using the scroll on the left hand side of the controller.

When I go to fly using the "GoFlyforDJIDrone" app on iphone, it says

"2006 - check list gimbal wait restart reason. Solution: check list gimbal wait restart solution."
"2010 - check list gimbal vibration reason. Solution:check list gimbal vibration solution."

I'm sure something is broken but not sure how to diagnose specifically.
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-21
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Chances are the camera motor ribbons have broken, if you send it in for rep either to dji or a 3rd party repairer it will be expensive, I was quoted £300 for a new camera as the company I use in the UK don't repair/replace a broken ribbon,
I replaced the ribbons myself for £20, BUT IT'S NOT AN EASY JOB, I followed a YouTube video and was successful,
2023-6-11
Use props
dmsilverberg
lvl.1

United States

UKMoose Posted at 6-11 00:04
Chances are the camera motor ribbons have broken, if you send it in for rep either to dji or a 3rd party repairer it will be expensive, I was quoted £300 for a new camera as the company I use in the UK don't repair/replace a broken ribbon,
I replaced the ribbons myself for £20, BUT IT'S NOT AN EASY JOB, I followed a YouTube video and was successful,

yeah after some research I came to that conclusion and was able to replace the ribbon successfully. Very intimidating repair though.
2023-6-11
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

dmsilverberg Posted at 6-11 05:49
yeah after some research I came to that conclusion and was able to replace the ribbon successfully. Very intimidating repair though.

Good to hear you successfully replaced the ribbons, happy flying
2023-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules