DCIM->Media Folder Empty, all videos not appearing
1185 4 2023-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StoKed
New

United States

Was using 400GB MicroSD card on computer running Windows 11 x64. Worked fine, never an issue, inserted directly. That computer's battery died completely, switched to my other computer, more powerful but it's stuck running Windows 10. Had to buy an "Onn Multiport USB Hub with SD, Micro SD, and Compact Flash Card Reader" since this computer does not have direct MicroSD slot. Inserted it and all vidoes in DCIM->100MEDIA folder are gone, folder is empty. Folder of Hyperlapse images is there and misc metadata files. Tried another MicroSD I had used and same thing, video folder emptied. Reinstalled driver for hub to no avail. Any help appreciated.
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to reinsert the SD card on the said computer to see if the issue persists? Also, try to recharge your computer that running Windows 11 and see if the files are there. If you manage to have the files on the SD card, back up all necessary files then reformat the SD card and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-21
Use props
StoKed
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-21 18:04
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to reinsert the SD card on the said computer to see if the issue persists? Also, try to recharge your computer that running Windows 11 and see if the files are there. If you manage to have the files on the SD card, back up all necessary files then reformat the SD card and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Yes, I reinserted many times and did a restart on current computer. I'm unable to use previous computer since the internal battery has died and will not turn on for more than 5 seconds, even plugged in. I'm leaning towards it being a compatibility issue with current computer but I saw someone else had similar issue a time ago so figured I'd ask to see if it was common. Thanks
2023-5-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is there a maximum card capacity of the reader or the computer in use?
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

StoKed Posted at 5-21 18:24
Yes, I reinserted many times and did a restart on current computer. I'm unable to use previous computer since the internal battery has died and will not turn on for more than 5 seconds, even plugged in. I'm leaning towards it being a compatibility issue with current computer but I saw someone else had similar issue a time ago so figured I'd ask to see if it was common. Thanks

Thank you for your response. My apologies for the issue. The SD card might be corrupted when the said computer shutdown. You may try to use different computers to see if you could back up the files on the said SD card. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules