Propeller not spinning
5855 15 2023-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alec_P
lvl.1
Spain

My drone won’t take off because one of the propellers is not spinning. But it’s not electrical or software, because when the drone is off, the bottom circle (to which the two replaceable wing are attached) won’t spin (on the other 3 it’s fine). This is strange because the drone worked fine just an hour before so I find it hard to believe there is anything stuck there like dust or something like that. Any ideas?
2023-5-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The silver bit that rotates is called the rotor.
Where were you flying in the last flight,  anywhere dusty or sandy?
A guess would be that you have sand or grit causing a jam. I would turn the drone upside done and, using ONLY YOUR FINGERS, try twisting the rotor clockwise and anti-clockwise whilst tapping it with a knuckle or wooden spoon/stick. START by twisting the motor towards the trailing edge of the propeller blades. Ideally do this over a large white sheet of cloth or paper, so that you can see if anything drops out.

If that doesn't work turn the drone the correct way up and do the same thing i.e. twist and tap the rotor.
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Alec_P. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing such concerns. In addition to the suggestions posted above, kindly check whether there are any error messages shown on the DJI Fly app. If possible, please post a short video showing the issue for further checking. Thank you.
2023-5-22
Use props
Alec_P
lvl.1
Netherlands

Can’t send the image or video for some reason
2023-5-26
Use props
Alec_P
lvl.1
Netherlands

But it says motor stuck, check for objects blocking motor
2023-5-26
Use props
Zhillz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2914944 ft
United States

Cheapest option first, maybe blast it with a can of electrical cleaner?  If the propeller is clean and securely attached, there might be an issue with the motor itself. Motors can sometimes fail due to various reasons. In this case, you may need to contact DJI customer support or a professional drone repair service to diagnose and repair the motor.
2023-5-26
Use props
Alec_P
lvl.1
Netherlands

What is electrical cleaner? Never heard of that
2023-5-26
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

or just use an air compressor.
2023-5-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alec_P Posted at 5-26 14:37
What is electrical cleaner? Never heard of that

It's a solvent and I would be VERY wary of spraying the motor with a solvent cleaner, you might destroy the lubrication in the bearings etc.
I would suggest the can of compressed air idea is much safer than the electrical cleaner idea. Air  straight from a compresseor might be too forceful so be careful if you try that.
2023-5-26
Use props
Alec_P
lvl.1
Netherlands

The whole thing still seems strange after the drone flew with no problems a day before… in clear conditions no dust no nothing. But the drone was crashed a couple months back so that must have something to do with it
2023-5-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would doubt month's old damage is causing the problem unless it caused a crack etc. that has grown to become a full break. The clearance between the motor's rotor and the motor stator poles is very small, it does not take something large to cause a jam.

I would suggest you switch syncing of and then attempt a flight/motor-start. Then copy both the .txt and .DAT flight log to comupter. Upload the .txt to
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
and post the URL here.
Upload the .DAT to a file hosting site, make the page public and post a link here.

From memory the csv of the .tzt shows the motor current.
Assuming those figure are not 'window dressing' I don't remember if it is per individual motor or total but the DAT might show individual motor currents. If either log dose show individual motor currents then I think a jammed motor will draw an exceptionally large current before system safeguard hopefully shut down the relevant ESC. Such a large current draw might even show up in the total current reading.
If the fault is a circuit break then I would think that the afflicted motor would show 0, zero, current. Again that might show up in an unusually low total current
2023-5-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Alec_P Posted at 5-26 10:41
But it says motor stuck, check for objects blocking motor

Sorry for the late response. Are you still having the same issue? If yes, tou may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-18
Use props
Edwin Cristobal
New

Philippines

Yes totally not comment i'm new on how to operate drones but i love it i am going 60 yrs old this march i was totally disappointed about the drones i bought from a friend of mine anyway one of the propeller is not working so positively it will not fly where can i take it to a nearest repair shop i love here in talipapa Novaliches Quezon city is there anything that you can advice or help me on this matter or i might as well buy again a simple and cheap drones when i am already good how to operate and make fly easily then look for much good and better drones but i want to ask please where can i find rhe nearest and trust repair shop
1-14 16:05
Use props
Edwin Cristobal
New

Philippines

Live i mean sorry
1-14 16:06
Use props
Sharmaine Bagaoisan
New

Philippines

Hello. Can I ask a help from you guys, my propeller got stuck I guess because of sand. I have a problem only 1 the other 3 are fine. Im unable to remove it. I have dji spark
4-6 10:49
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sharmaine Bagaoisan Posted at 4-6 10:49
Hello. Can I ask a help from you guys, my propeller got stuck I guess because of sand. I have a problem only 1 the other 3 are fine. Im unable to remove it. I have dji spark

Hi, Sharmaine. Thank you for reaching out. If I may ask,  are you getting an error message from the app? Thank you.
4-6 19:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules