Confiscating risk when having a transit in Muscat ?
1240 2 2023-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mik0411
New

Netherlands

Hi,

I bought a Mini 3 Pro for my holiday in Sri Lanka, but I can not find a serious answer on this important question:

I am flying with Lufthansa from Amsterdam to Sri Lanka with a transit in Muscat (Oman). I will not leave the airport and I am definitely not thinking about using the drone in the airport.

Do you guys know if passengers waiting their connecting flights are risking confiscating their drones or is it only for people entering Oman ?
I am confused now and I don’t know if it is worth the risk to take it with me.  

Thank you for your help
2023-5-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I saw on a travel forum where travelers posted it is not a problem to bring a drone with you in transit if you are not leaving the airport. In such a case, it is advisable to carry the drone in the checked baggage.  You should also check with the airlines you will be flying on.
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mik0411. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, we won't be able to answer your question directly as this depends on the airline's and airport's policy, please contact them and if they ask for the drone or battery's information, you may check the specs of your drone on our website, like this one: (https://www.dji.com/mini-3-pro/specs). Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules