1009 5 2023-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WHD.ii
lvl.1

South Africa

Hey there all,

Trust you're well!

So I'm running into issues with my 1st Gen Osmo Action (Currently running Firmware version 01.10.00.40 [7251]) when out on the trails riding my MTB.

Initially, I'd use the voice commands, and it would record in 720p without RockSteady... I somehow (after fiddling for a while, and disabling all other quick switch modes) got it to record to 1080p60 with RockSteady enabled...

So on Saturday, whilst on the trails, I had issues with voice commands not recording, and modes changing... for some reason it would just go to camera mode, then I had to take it out of my chest rig, switch it back to C1 (1080p60 RS on), and then press the physical record button. Sometimes voice commands would work, other times it wouldn't.

So after our session, a WHOLE bunch (like 90%) of my recordings was mysteriously set to 1080p100 without RS, which rendered the footage useless as it's gnarly mountainbike terrain, so it shakes a lot, and without RS, well... you get the idea.

So my questions:

• Do any of you have advice on how to lock all recording to a specific setting (in my case 1080p60 with RS enabled)?
  • Is there any way to lock the recording mode to only 1 specific mode?
  • Any ideas as to why the camera would just switch when I don't touch the screen?
  • Is there a way to lock the touch screen completely to rule out accidental touches as it is against my chest, etc?

I find it exteremely frustrating after doing a 3 hour ride, hitting jumps and gnarly terrain with friends, wanting to share the footage, and then finding the camera recording in a mode I never defined anywhere.

Then only modes for QS I have configured:

C1 = 1080p60 with RS
C2 = Slow Motiion + 1080p/8X (I can't seem to have only C1 defined).

Any advice/tips/tricks would be appreciated!

Cheers from Cape Town - South Africa!

2023-5-22
Use props
WHD.ii
lvl.1

South Africa

Update:

So I figured out I can actually set QuickSwitch C1 as my preferred 1080p60 with RS enabled, and C2 as Video, which is also 1080p60 with RS Enabled, so that would make it easy for me to switch to the front screen, tap QS again to check the recording mode, and then hit record before hitting the trails, etc. Not ideal, but should suffice for my needs.

I read a bunch of other threads where people were complaining about voice commands, thankfully not a deal breaker for me so I've disabled that as well.

Ableit quite annoying that voice commands are not working correctly on a permium brand's action camera... but not the end of the world for me.

2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We have forwarded your concerns to the related team for further checking. We'll give you an update the soonest time possible.
2023-5-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WHD.ii Posted at 5-22 23:54
Update:

So I figured out I can actually set QuickSwitch C1 as my preferred 1080p60 with RS enabled, and C2 as Video, which is also 1080p60 with RS Enabled, so that would make it easy for me to switch to the front screen, tap QS again to check the recording mode, and then hit record before hitting the trails, etc. Not ideal, but should suffice for my needs.

Hi there. In addition to your solution, we also recommend you set the camera parameters first then enable the Screen Lock function. This can minimize issues caused by accidental touches. You can press the record button to trigger recording and if the screen needs to be controlled, select the option to unlock first. Regarding the issues with voice command, we have forwarded it to the related team and is expected to be optimized in the future. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-5-23
Use props
WHD.ii
lvl.1

South Africa

DJI Tony Posted at 5-23 22:47
Hi there. In addition to your solution, we also recommend you set the camera parameters first then enable the Screen Lock function. This can minimize issues caused by accidental touches. You can press the record button to trigger recording and if the screen needs to be controlled, select the option to unlock first. Regarding the issues with voice command, we have forwarded it to the related team and is expected to be optimized in the future. We appreciate your understanding and support.

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciated!
2023-5-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WHD.ii Posted at 5-24 06:16
Thanks for the feedback. Appreciated!

You're welcome. Happy filming!
2023-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now