1337 12 2023-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyCryer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1584596 ft
  • >>>
Germany

So, i had some problems with the quality of my M3Pro comparring my M2pro and found out that it was related to the focus and VBR. Changed to CBR for videos and using touch to focus before every shot helps, more testing needed. On my M2pro when just half press the button to take the shot it was doing the focus to be sure it is on point. Also i could see what was sharp because of the red border like now only in manual focus.

Please make the red border also available in autofocus and add the half pressed thing again, if it is there please tell me where.

How the hell is the autofocus supposed to work? Should we really touch the display to make sure it is focused? It is no "Continued Auto Focus" available so when i move the drone i have to refocus. But i see only the option to touch the screen or use the manual focus.
2023-5-22
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't shoot in autofocus or you will find your videos ruined if the camera decides to hunt for a new focus.

If you're on the long lens, then set your focus before your take, shoot it and then switch back to autofocus to set a new focus and back to manual again.

I don't think I've ever used a camera which uses focus peaking in auto modes, that's the whole point of peaking.
2023-5-22
Use props
SkyCryer
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

CloudVisual Posted at 5-22 04:10
Don't shoot in autofocus or you will find your videos ruined if the camera decides to hunt for a new focus.

If you're on the long lens, then set your focus before your take, shoot it and then switch back to autofocus to set a new focus and back to manual again.

I used autofocus on M2pro all the time with no problems. SO I thought it will be the same on M3pro
2023-5-22
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SkyCryer Posted at 5-22 04:11
I used autofocus on M2pro all the time with no problems. SO I thought it will be the same on M3pro

All these posts talking about your M2P, you might as well just stick with that. Sounds like buyer's remorse to me.

My M2P hasn't been flown since the day I bought a M3
2023-5-22
Use props
SkyCryer
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

CloudVisual Posted at 5-22 04:16
All these posts talking about your M2P, you might as well just stick with that. Sounds like buyer's remorse to me.

I am just comparing my new drone with my old drone and see a lot of quality differences in the newer model so I was just curious. Also some features and settings I had in the past are no longer available what no one on YouTube or somewhere said before. Sometimes things are hidden in the menus so I was just telling wich devices I used to compare it.

I am happy for you that you had no issues with the quality and could park your M2Pro. I just was unhappy and had to figure some things out and that what I was using this forum for. I was not sure about some things maybe are hardware problems or user problems.

Oh and if it bothers you I write that often M2pro, my M3Mini Pro also made better quality footage out of the box. Thats why I was confused, I said "was" because it now much better after testing with CBR and some other things.
2023-5-22
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

CloudVisual Posted at 5-22 04:10

If you're on the long lens, then set your focus before your take, shoot it and then switch back to autofocus to set a new focus and back to manual again.

You are very helpful here...I wonder, don't you have any to do? Take a drone and fly away if you are not capable to make a smart conversation...Is not ABOUT YOU, so don't be a dick....sorry to all Dicks here.
2023-5-23
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-23 10:03
You are very helpful here...I wonder, don't you have any to do? Take a drone and fly away if you are not capable to make a smart conversation...Is not ABOUT YOU, so don't be a dick....sorry to all Dicks here.

I think you've misinterpreted my tone here. I'm being helpful, because shooting in autofocus will lead to ruined footage. I'm offering this advice from a professional point of view and plenty of people on this forum have complained about the camera searching for a focus mid-shot.
2023-5-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, SkyCryer. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience. DJI Mini 3 Pro supports half-pressing the shutter button to focus when used with DJI RC. Regarding the Focus Peaking, it is currently only applicable for MF. Rest assured that we will have your feedback forwarded to the related team for attention. And when using AutoFocus, it is not necessary to touch the screen as the aircraft will auto focus itself. We hope this clarifies your concern.
2023-6-3
Use props
SkyCryer
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 6-3 04:14
Hi, SkyCryer. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience. DJI Mini 3 Pro supports half-pressing the shutter button to focus when used with DJI RC. Regarding the Focus Peaking, it is currently only applicable for MF. Rest assured that we will have your feedback forwarded to the related team for attention. And when using AutoFocus, it is not necessary to touch the screen as the aircraft will auto focus itself. We hope this clarifies your concern.

That is good for mini 3 but why is it not available for mavic 3 pro? I have a m3p and would like to have that also.
2023-6-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SkyCryer Posted at 6-3 04:28
That is good for mini 3 but why is it not available for mavic 3 pro? I have a m3p and would like to have that also.

We will have your feedback forwarded to our team for consideration. Thank you.
2023-6-4
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

SkyCryer Posted at 6-3 04:28

It is available for photos, not video.
2023-6-4
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

CloudVisual Posted at 2023-5-22 04:16

That is not a kind response! The original poster just wonders why autofocus worked so well flying his mini 2 but it does not work for him flying his mini 3. I would agree he compares his mini 3 to previous experiences. He wants to fix auto focus, and all he gets to read here is "do not use it". That is not a great answer, given the fact that autofocus always worked well flying the mini 2. I have the same experience, by the way.
1-25 09:27
Use props
AZonline
lvl.4
Flight distance : 971362 ft
  • >>>
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 2023-5-22 04:16

True, but OP has the right to nitpick his new drone if something don't feel or work right.
1-26 12:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules