Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jan Madsen DK
lvl.1

Denmark

I really need help.
I bought a DJI mini 2 and I get the error:
RC not connected to mobile divice
The drone was just bought and has never been flown.
I have tried the following:
I use the right connector on the RC.
There are no frills in the phone jack.
Changed wires, even though they are brand new.
Tested with iPhone 13 pro, iPhone X, iPad. - I dont have an android phone
deleted the app and downloaded it agin - more than one time.
Updated firmware on drone via computer - I can't update firmware on RC via computer, I get error: No flight logs.
The drone is on
RC is on
When I plug the cord into the phone, the phone "vibrates" like when you put it on charge.
I hope someone can help, because right now the drone is just an expensive decorative object

Error code

Error code

2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Did you test it with a Android phone? If the issue persists, you are advised to send the remote controller back for diagnosis. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index
2023-5-22
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I would try to re download the software to the phone.  You may have got a bad download.  A couple other things a bad cable or the controller is bad and needs to be sent into DJI.  If you are in the return time for your drone you may want to look at exchanging it for a new one depending on where you bought it.
2023-5-22
Use props
Jan Madsen DK
lvl.1

Denmark

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-22 06:15
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Did you test it with a Android phone? If the issue persists, you are advised to send the remote controller back for diagnosis. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index

Hi
I dont have an android phone.
Is there anything else I can try?
2023-5-22
Use props
Jan Madsen DK
lvl.1

Denmark

Shawgod Posted at 5-22 06:41
I would try to re download the software to the phone.  You may have got a bad download.  A couple other things a bad cable or the controller is bad and needs to be sent into DJI.  If you are in the return time for your drone you may want to look at exchanging it for a new one depending on where you bought it.

Hi
I have redownloaded it more than once, and I have change the cables.
2023-5-22
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

Well you may need to exchange it or send it into DJI if it is past the return policy.
2023-5-22
Use props
djiuser_2FawYujUn1Pe
New

India

I had this issue, its an issue with the recent dji firmware which is messing up 5ghz band. Please change transmission mode from dual band to 2.4ghz in dji transmission in settings and this will address the RC disconnect issue
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jan Madsen DK Posted at 5-22 06:55
Hi
I dont have an android phone.
Is there anything else I can try?

We're sorry about that. Since you have performed the troubleshooting steps to no avail and no other phone is available, we recommend you send it back as initially suggested by DJI Wanda. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-5-23
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

A few thoughts: If the phone vibrates like it is being charged when the cable is inserted, is it actually charging? You mentioned using different cables but what type? Is it the one that came with the drone (DJI cable) or some other cable you had laying around? The cable needs to be a good-quality data cable....not just a charging cable! Review the Apple device's USB permissions... I don't use Apple stuff so I can't recall exactly where to review those options but the device needs to allow the USB/lightning connector to allow data. If I recall, it has to be set up that way... it should show some sort of notification on hook up but you might not see it with the Fly app open.
2023-5-23
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2FawYujUn1Pe Posted at 5-22 12:52
I had this issue, its an issue with the recent dji firmware which is messing up 5ghz band. Please change transmission mode from dual band to 2.4ghz in dji transmission in settings and this will address the RC disconnect issue

You are talking about the RC-to-drone connection....Nothing to do with this problem. They are having trouble getting the Phone/device to recognize the RC.
2023-5-23
Use props
Jan Madsen DK
lvl.1

Denmark

jmb63 Posted at 5-23 03:54
A few thoughts: If the phone vibrates like it is being charged when the cable is inserted, is it actually charging? You mentioned using different cables but what type? Is it the one that came with the drone (DJI cable) or some other cable you had laying around? The cable needs to be a good-quality data cable....not just a charging cable! Review the Apple device's USB permissions... I don't use Apple stuff so I can't recall exactly where to review those options but the device needs to allow the USB/lightning connector to allow data. If I recall, it has to be set up that way... it should show some sort of notification on hook up but you might not see it with the Fly app open.

Hi
I have usted both the DJI cable and an orginal apple cable, so the data should not be a problem.
2023-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules