Osmo Pocket 2 battery test
1051 6 2023-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kmvNZroSTsCy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288438 ft

Sweden

Hi, so currently I have been testing out the DJI Osmo Pocket 2 battery. I heard people said that when record at 60FPS the battery will drain very quickly so I just test it in 30fps and use 60fps when needed. After 60 min recording in 4K30FPS, with a fully charged battery, I have 52% left and the files are approximately 40GB. I put the Pocket 2 near the window, temperature around 16-20 degrees Celcius, small wind. I highly not recommending to continiously recording in a long duration. The Pocket 2 might not feel too warm, but you still can feel it, the main warming places are at the gimbal motors. They are extremely hot if they have too work in long duration especially the Pan Axis, I would say it is around 60-70 degrees or even more.
File size :

File size

File size

Battery :

Battery

Battery

Heat zone :

Heat zone

Heat zone

2023-5-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's been my experience also with heat and the Pocket 2 when used over an extended period of time.  
2023-5-22
Use props
djiuser_kmvNZroSTsCy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288438 ft

Sweden

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-22 12:48
That's been my experience also with heat and the Pocket 2 when used over an extended period of time.

Does your Pocket 2 often get overheat on the gimbal motor area ? I'm pretty worry about that
2023-5-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I've had occasional warnings of overheating, especially with the DIA Handle and on hot summer days. It does seem like the problem does easen up when filming in slightly colder places.
2023-5-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_kmvNZroSTsCy Posted at 5-22 12:53
Does your Pocket 2 often get overheat on the gimbal motor area ? I'm pretty worry about that

Usually only on long shoots or super hot days.  I think the heat is being dissipated from the gimbal motor but has not caused any long term issues for my Pocket 2.
2023-5-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I did recently do a longer shoot, having the Pocket 2 on a chest harness while cycling. It was a non-stop recording of a 20km trip. Had no problems, probably due to the draft of air while biking and a relatively cool day.
2023-5-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think this is normal (with mine at least)
2023-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules