Remote ID Error - Avata - Intermittent please help
2111 8 2023-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
timothynicholsr
lvl.1

United States

Hello -

I'm getting the REMOTE ID error almost every time I start up.   DJI Avata - latest firmware - Goggles 2 - Motion Controller 2.  

YES I've connected it to DJI Fly App.    YES - it all connects,  YES I was able to download latest firmware.  YES I was able to bind to all
components.   

I can even fly ( only about 1 in 5 attempts ).   I've tried it with both Android and Apple phones.   I've tried
swapping out the cables - nothing seems to help.. but if I'm VERY PATIENT and turn everything on and off and start it all again,
UNPLUG and REPLUG the connection, eventually it (red REMOTE ID ERROR) will disappear.   I cannot figure out WHAT is different
on the 1 of 5 attempts that it actually clears and works.     Does this sound like a bad cable?  I've tried the original short included one,
and also another longer one.  They BOTH fail most times - BOTH work sometimes.    Really frustrating...  SOMETIMES it works,
MOST times it does not.   

Anyone seen this?  Any suggestions?
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, timothynicholsr. Thank you for reaching out. Before flying in the current area, you are advised to connect your mobile phone until taking off and ensure that the GPS signal is normal. Also, make sure the below requirements have been met:
1. Please make sure the firmware version is the latest version;
2. Please make sure the app version has been updated to the latest from the official website;
3. For mobile devices: It should allow the DJI Fly to obtain the location information and also needs to ensure that the DJI Fly app runs in the foreground.

For AVATA + DJI Goggles 2, please check the connection between Goggles 2 and the mobile, and shoot a video of the operation video of it to show the prompt in the app. Please replug as well to see the connection. If the issue persists, please provide us with the following information: At the same time, please provide us
• Screenshot showing the firmware version.
• App version.
• GPS function on the phone and the app permission.
• App log.
• Goggles log.

App Log Export
Please reboot the mobile device before exporting the app log.
Android device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, the path is as follows: internal storage/android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG (The path of the version before DJI Fly App V1.4.12 is DJI>dji.go.v5>LOG), and then export the data in the "LOG" folder.iOS device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, open iTunes > File Sharing > DJI Fly, and then export all data under the "Logs" folder.

How to export the data of DJI FPV Goggles V2/DJI Goggles 2?
(1) Download DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from the official website. Download link:https://www.dji.com/ch/downloads ... umer-drones-series;
(2) Launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). Within 20 seconds after the DJI FPV Goggles V2//DJI Goggles 2 is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series).
(3) After DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) recognizes the DJI FPV Goggles V2/DJI Goggles 2, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
(4) The final exported data are ".DAT" files.

Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

get the goggles integra and this all goes away
2023-5-24
Use props
djiuser_m2HyGjNjA2iH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246037 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-23 06:38
Hi, timothynicholsr. Thank you for reaching out. Before flying in the current area, you are advised to connect your mobile phone until taking off and ensure that the GPS signal is normal. Also, make sure the below requirements have been met:
1. Please make sure the firmware version is the latest version;
2. Please make sure the app version has been updated to the latest from the official website;

Return your purchase and buy from another brand. This connect phone to Google’s is not required by law. Vote with your $$$
IMG_1734.jpeg
2023-7-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_m2HyGjNjA2iH Posted at 7-12 06:59
Return your purchase and buy from another brand. This connect phone to Google’s is not required by law. Vote with your $$$

Hi, there. FAA RID is a compliance from the US government which our company should abide by. And with the DJI Goggles 2 (and DJI Avata), you'll need to connect it first to the mobile device before flying to be compliant with this rule. If you don't want to connect your mobile phone, you have the option to purchase DJI Integra as these goggles support FAA RID requirements. For more information about FAA Remote ID, you may visit this link. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-7-15
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_m2HyGjNjA2iH Posted at 7-12 06:59

Which brand do you suggest?
2023-7-16
Use props
caveweaselme.com
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-15 06:39
Hi, there. FAA RID is a compliance from the US government which our company should abide by. And with the DJI Goggles 2 (and DJI Avata), you'll need to connect it first to the mobile device before flying to be compliant with this rule. If you don't want to connect your mobile phone, you have the option to purchase DJI Integra as these goggles support FAA RID requirements. For more information about FAA Remote ID, you may visit this link. Thank you for your kind understanding.

So you are saying that I would have to spend an extra $500 to get the integra set just for my Avata to work correctly? This just seems like its a huge money maker for you when you are screwing your customers.
2023-7-17
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

caveweaselme.com Posted at 7-17 13:40
So you are saying that I would have to spend an extra $500 to get the integra set just for my Avata to work correctly? This just seems like its a huge money maker for you when you are screwing your customers.

i am suggesting you sell the goggles 2 and use some of that money to buy the integra is funds are the only issue.
2023-7-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

caveweaselme.com Posted at 7-17 13:40

Hi, caveweaselme.com. We just provided you an option if you don't want to connect the goggles to your mobile phone before the flight for the FAA RID compliance. The Avata should work correctly with Goggles 2 if you follow the steps for FAA RID compliance.
2023-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules