1213 27 2023-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

One thing I loved about my Mavic 3 was Rock Solid Timelapse, even in winds. My new M3P is a Disaster. I'm getting bad movement left to right and increases and decreases in altitude. These aren't even close to be usable.

This is the worst and longest: Left to Right Movement and Increase and Decrease in Altitude

Altitude Decrease

Movement Left to Right
2023-5-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Is it not because it was done over water that the drone was not stable and moving up and down
2023-5-23
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 5-23 00:27
Is it not because it was done over water that the drone was not stable and moving up and down

I've done hundreds of Timelapses over water and never had this issue in any drone I've owned and I've had them all.
2023-5-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's definitely not normal and no doubt very frustrating.  
2023-5-23
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Something wrong. Was this first one with x7 lens ? Because any slight movement on that will be accentuated.
2023-5-23
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

That is for sure not what suppose to be STABLE...no matter is above water, GPS should hold position.
2023-5-23
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 5-23 08:51
Something wrong. Was this first one with x7 lens ? Because any slight movement on that will be accentuated.

No that is the normal 1X lens. Can't do timelapse at 7x unless manually. Even so shouldn't be that kind of movement at any magnification
2023-5-23
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-23 09:42
That is for sure not what suppose to be STABLE...no matter is above water, GPS should hold position.

Yes. So far no one else is reporting this so I'm either alone or it's my drone.
2023-5-23
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

BrianKushner Posted at 5-23 10:34
Yes. So far no one else is reporting this so I'm either alone or it's my drone.

Expect many bugs in first edition...Some soft, some hardware...A lot of optic lenses failures up to now at what is posted in forum. This with GPS may be handled with updates...maybe...
2023-5-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That looks bad (like it needs tweaking from DJI)
2023-5-24
Use props
ME262
lvl.2
Australia

The second video is private. How do I get to see that one.

The movement does look bad.

Couple of possible causes  come to mind. Over water, Wind. But I would think so as the height of the drone seems to be well above the water and it would have to be pretty strong wind to effect the drone.

Does the flight logs give any clues.

2023-5-24
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I did an IMU Calibration yesterday and did two timelapses.  Same setting, one at 1X and another at 3X. Here is the combined video. Looks pretty solid. This is straight out of the camera footage processed by the drone. I just combined the clips.

2023-5-24
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ME262 Posted at 5-24 04:38
The second video is private. How do I get to see that one.

The movement does look bad.

Fixed..thanks for letting me know.
2023-5-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

BrianKushner Posted at 5-24 10:38
I did an IMU Calibration yesterday and did two timelapses.  Same setting, one at 1X and another at 3X. Here is the combined video. Looks pretty solid. This is straight out of the camera footage processed by the drone. I just combined the clips.

https://youtu.be/qE88YfxV2FQ

This looks much better
2023-5-24
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Issue returned today. I was over water. Haven't done enough testing to see if water is playing apart. I was 225 feet up so it shouldn't be and never has before.  Drifting to the right, a rise then fall in altitude.
2023-5-24
Use props
ME262
lvl.2
Australia

Could nearby cell/mobile phone towers cause interference ?
2023-5-25
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ME262 Posted at 5-25 01:40
Could nearby cell/mobile phone towers cause interference ?

I've been flying this location and exact spot since 2015.no issues before
2023-5-25
Use props
federnet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691463 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Have the same issues. Need to check if today's update will fix anything...
2023-5-25
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

federnet Posted at 5-25 08:16
Have the same issues. Need to check if today's update will fix anything...

Let me know how you make out.  
2023-5-25
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well firmware did nothing not that I expected it to. At this point M3P not viable for Timelapse. This movement is ruining the timelapse. Look at this mess. I've also left link for log file if anyone can make heads or tails of this..  https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/3APLAUQU8CCY9JBLU9ZD

2023-5-28
Use props
MHM
lvl.4

United States

I’m experiencing the same issues…… I will calibrate the IMU to see if this helps if not I will be sending back to Amazon or should I send to DJI service to have them evaluate this issue.  
2023-5-28
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

If I sent back anywhere it would be to where I bought it. DJI isn't going to evaluate anything. Also calibrating IMU wasn't a permanent fix. I got one good Timelapse and then it started acting up again.
2023-5-28
Use props
federnet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691463 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I did not find time to check hyperlapses before the update. But here is the link to my recent one:

This was a preprogrammed two-waypoint hyperlapse, with a camera looking along the course. On top of the general instability, you can see a strange shift of the angle of view at the beginning. The camera shifted from the programmed direction slightly to the left. Only the first frame was captured in the right direction.
2023-5-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, BrianKushner. Thank you for reaching out. Hyperlapse aims to stitch several photos into a video. The shorter the set shooting interval, the smoother the stitched video. (When the interval is closer to 0, it will be more like the video shooting effect.) The specific shooting effect decides the settings. To ensure that the entire view parameters are consistent, Manual mode is often used in Hyperlapse. The user can adjust the shutter and other parameters on their own. The higher the shutter speed, the poorer the sense of flow represented by the objects in view. The shutter speed is set to half of the interval between two photos. For example, when the shooting interval is set to 4 seconds, the shutter speed is set to approximately 1.6 seconds or 2 seconds.

If the shot Hyperlapse shakes, try to adjust the setting in a static shooting. Try to change several settings and check the effect. Then, try to fly and shoot in a windless environment. Please also confirm if the footage will be shaking if shooting a normal video. If the video still shakes while in static mode, please calibrate the gimbal and IMU and refresh the firmware. If the issue cannot be resolved, please provide us the the tested result, firmware version, generated hyperlaspe video, aircraft log as well the tested time for further checking.

Exporting Flight Controller Aircraft Data/Log
(1) Download DJI Assistant 2 from the official website. Download link:https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
(2) Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the aircraft is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.
(3) After DJI Assistant 2 recognizes the aircraft, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
(4) The final exported data are ".dat" files.

Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-29
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I know how to shoot a timelapse. My Mavic 3 was ROCK STEADY. My Air2S near perfect. This is a disaster and I'm not the only one experiencing this. Based on your response I can clearly see DJI has no idea what this is about.. Gonna return and get another Mavic 3 since I sold my old one to buy this Lemon. Thanks for getting back to me.
2023-5-29
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Brutal Timelapses continue. Look at this movement in a short clip. It's raising in Altitude, moving, just a MESS. Guess I'm gonna return the drone. I might go back to the Mavic 3. Way more stable. I highly doubt this is just my drone. I'm 1 for 10 in a usable clip.

2023-6-11
Use props
djiuser_17S9LBcQaeTl
New

United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 5-23 08:51
Something wrong. Was this first one with x7 lens ? Because any slight movement on that will be accentuated.

The mavic 3 pro doesn't allow time lapse with the x7 the most you can is with the x3 and I've done it without being zoomed in and got sick shakes. My cheap Air 2s took much better time lapses sadly it crashed and i made the mistake buy purchasing this fake professional mavic 3 pro cine. Honestly i don't see what's worth 4k in this drone
2023-8-9
Use props
djiuser_17S9LBcQaeTl
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-29 07:06
Hi, BrianKushner. Thank you for reaching out. Hyperlapse aims to stitch several photos into a video. The shorter the set shooting interval, the smoother the stitched video. (When the interval is closer to 0, it will be more like the video shooting effect.) The specific shooting effect decides the settings. To ensure that the entire view parameters are consistent, Manual mode is often used in Hyperlapse. The user can adjust the shutter and other parameters on their own. The higher the shutter speed, the poorer the sense of flow represented by the objects in view. The shutter speed is set to half of the interval between two photos. For example, when the shooting interval is set to 4 seconds, the shutter speed is set to approximately 1.6 seconds or 2 seconds.

If the shot Hyperlapse shakes, try to adjust the setting in a static shooting. Try to change several settings and check the effect. Then, try to fly and shoot in a windless environment. Please also confirm if the footage will be shaking if shooting a normal video. If the video still shakes while in static mode, please calibrate the gimbal and IMU and refresh the firmware. If the issue cannot be resolved, please provide us the the tested result, firmware version, generated hyperlaspe video, aircraft log as well the tested time for further checking.

Did you realize that the gimbal moves around? Even in none wind situations. It just doesn't stay still. It doesn't have to do with shutter settings.
2023-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules