669 9 2023-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Homeyjay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 33606 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm having a lot of problems buying a spare mount for my Action 3 - I've subscribed to the store notification to get one a month ago but have had nothing. Does anyone have any experience of third party mounts for the OA3?

Also, I'm looking for a video light that fits onto the cage. Again, can anyone suggest a decent battery powered one please?
2023-5-22
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Telesin magnet mount for Osmo Action 3
IMG_20230524_100425.jpg
IMG_20230524_100543.jpg
2023-5-22
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

there are great things from Ulanzi
OA-19 for a light or mic
OA-11 with 1/4" hole and gopro finger
video light Ulanzi VL-66
IMG_20230523_105308.jpg
IMG_20230523_110943.jpg
2023-5-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Homeyjay. Thank you for reaching out. You might want to consider the DJI Action 2 Magnetic Ball-Joint Adapter Mount which is compatible with Osmo Action 3. This magnetic mount can be used to stick the camera to smooth, flat surfaces. The adhesive base and ball-joint design allow you to stick the camera to surfaces at different angles to gain unique vantage points. Remove the adhesive base, and attach tripods, extension rods, or other third-party accessories via the 1/4 screw hole. Please check it on this link. Hopefully, other users can provide recommendations about the video light.
2023-5-23
Use props
djiuser_DYNygzbCOXBZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148241 ft
United Kingdom

Do you live in the UK? If you do there are retailers who sell the DJI mount you are after without having to use a third-party product.
2023-5-23
Use props
Homeyjay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 33606 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_DYNygzbCOXBZ Posted at 5-23 22:23
Do you live in the UK? If you do there are retailers who sell the DJI mount you are after without having to use a third-party product.

Hi, yes, I’m in the Uk but I just can’t find anyone with a genuine mount. I’ve seen the sticky mount but it’s more than I need, to be honest!
Loads of third party mounts but no originals!
2023-5-23
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Telesin is the best replacement for the original!

imho: DJI's spare parts supply is terrible
2023-5-24
Use props
MartinBG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282044 ft
Bulgaria

I am using magnetic mounts from Telesin and from SmallRig and both are doing their job. The one from Telesin is same in functionality as the DJI's original mount while the mount from SmallRig is made of metal and has 1/4" hole at the bottom which is quite useful in some situations like attaching the mount directly to a selfie stick (no need for the so called GoPro mount point). That extra functionality and quality comes with a higher price and weight, but I really like these mounts and use them on most of my mount points.  
2023-5-29
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

Many infos in this thread already: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=283077
... don't use the Osmo Action 2 mount unless you own one already or only want to use it stationary. It lacks the dampening rubber. The metal mounts from Smallrig and Ulanzi have the same problem. You can fix that with a very thin layer of foam rubber. I used 'griptape' for fingerboards.
2023-5-29
Use props
MartinBG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282044 ft
Bulgaria

DJ DJ Posted at 5-29 21:26
Many infos in this thread already: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=283077
... don't use the Osmo Action 2 mount unless you own one already or only want to use it stationary. It lacks the dampening rubber. The metal mounts from Smallrig and Ulanzi have the same problem. You can fix that with a very thin layer of foam rubber. I used 'griptape' for fingerboards.

That's a good point.
I am having sound glitches when the camera is attached to my bike and that could very well be the reason or at least a big part of it (I am using the SmallRig cage and their mount adapter).
I have the Noise Reduction setting enabled and most of the time it is able to detect and suppress the rattle noise, but at random the algorithm fails for short periods of time and I have mixture of pretty nice audio (actually it is close to perfect for my needs)  and rattling sounds in my bike videos.
2023-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules