Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mini 2 Gimbal Stuck with ND Filter attached
1031 9 2023-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Macca_GB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70545 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I just purchased Skyreal Mini 6 Pack Pro set of ND filters for my Mini 2. When I attach any of the filters, I get gimbal stuck error. If I remove the filter the gimbal functions correctly. I have tried to calibrate the gimbal with the ND filter attached but it never gets past 10%. If I calibrate with no filter attached, it completes successfully. Has anybody else had this issue with this type of filter?

Thanks in advance
2023-5-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Macca_GB. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the errors encountered. DJI cannot guarantee performance and stability when using third-party accessories. If such produces errors, we do not recommend using them as it may damage the drone. We hope your co-users who have experience with such a product can share their feedback here. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-5-23
Use props
Macca_GB
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 5-23 02:31
Hi, Macca_GB. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the errors encountered. DJI cannot guarantee performance and stability when using third-party accessories. If such produces errors, we do not recommend using them as it may damage the drone. We hope your co-users who have experience with such a product can share their feedback here. We appreciate your understanding.

Hello, thanks for the response. I completely understand your position, but thousands of people must have purchased these filters, curious to know if anybody else has encountered such issues. Do DJI recommend filters for the Mini 2?
2023-5-23
Use props
mustangman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 541476 ft
United States

I use the same filters and have had no issues so far.  Make sure you install the filter with the mini 2 turned off.  It is possible to damage the gimbal if installing filter with drone on.
2023-5-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

I have the same set. Make certain you have them installed correctly and fully seated. ZERO problems here.
2023-5-24
Use props
Macca_GB
lvl.1
United Kingdom

mustangman Posted at 5-24 16:24
I use the same filters and have had no issues so far.  Make sure you install the filter with the mini 2 turned off.  It is possible to damage the gimbal if installing filter with drone on.

Thanks for the response. I started fitting the filter with the drone off, but it always gave a error. Now,  I know its bad practice, but the only way I can get the mini 2 working with a filter attached. is to attach the filter AFTER I have powered it on and the drone has gone trough its power up sequence. It flies with no issues.
2023-5-24
Use props
txema1
New

Spain

Hello
I have the same problem, but with freewell filters.
I think the problem is not the filters.
When starting the drone, the camera rotates down on its horizontal axis, the filter touches the bottom of the camera mount.
Mini 2 bought three weeks ago.
I have used google translate.
Regards.
2023-6-6
Use props
HerbA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1202251 ft
United States

The design of the Skyreal filters looks the same as the majority of others out there, including cheaper ones I bought off Amazon. My guess is the  back part of the filter is making contact with the drone body during rotation. Would look closely at the back of the camera while the drone is calibrating after first turning on to see if anything touches.
2023-6-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Macca_GB Posted at 5-23 04:01
Hello, thanks for the response. I completely understand your position, but thousands of people must have purchased these filters, curious to know if anybody else has encountered such issues. Do DJI recommend filters for the Mini 2?

Hi there. Thank you for your response. You cannot replace ND and UV filters on the DJI Mini 2. Currently, DJI does not have an official filter. If required, you can install a third-party filter. However, DJI provides no technical support with its installation because the functions and stability cannot be guaranteed. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-6-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

txema1 Posted at 6-6 02:31
Hello
I have the same problem, but with freewell filters.
I think the problem is not the filters.

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Kindly please refer to my reply above. DJI Does not have an official filter and we cannot replace the ND filter of the DJI Mini 2. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules