Mini 2 SE spare parts
1495 14 2023-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kub
lvl.1

Poland

Hi,

I've broken my mini 2 se body a little bit resulting in gimbal ribbon being broken. May I change ribbon with the one from mini 2 ( I can't find mini 2 se parts anywhere)?

Thanks
346104749_795043418849066_4644280809575682784_n.jpg
2023-5-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Kub. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide us a photo of the specific ribbon you're pertaining to for us to check? We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-5-23
Use props
Kub
lvl.1

Poland

Przechwytywanie3.jpg
2023-5-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Kub. Thank you for the photos. We'll forward it to our relevant team to check if we have this information available.
2023-5-30
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5159026 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is the Mini SE under warranty?

IMHO, I would send it in for repair and remove all doubt.
2023-5-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Uuum if the middle shell of the Mini 2 SE is similar to that of the Mavic Mini and Mini 2 you appear to have broken more than just the ribbon cable. A large amount of the front of the middle shell is missing, which also means the front end of the gimbal is unsupported. The drone needs a new middle shell and that means a complete rebuild.
I can't see for certain but it looks to me as if the framework that carries the gimbal is also broken and I would be rather surprised if the gimbal etc. will work properly after that sort of damage being done to the drone.What did the damage to the drone?

I would suggest returning the drone to DJI for repair.
2023-5-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Kub. Thank you for patiently waiting. Our relevant team advise us to just send it in for repair. No self-assembly is advised.  You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-6-5
Use props
Josh Waggoner
New

United States

Why does everyone suggest to send it in for repairs? Literally take a few screws out and replace the ribbon cable. Cables $20.
2023-12-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Josh Waggoner Posted at 12-24 18:52
Why does everyone suggest to send it in for repairs? Literally''..'''''. Cables $20.

Because there is no guarantee that the ribbon cable is the only damaged component and, unless you carry a stock of known good components, then, if the ribbon cable does not fix the problem, you are left guessing which component to buy next and try.
Add to that that you then likely start running into having to run python scripts to match gimbal components to the main board and a DIY repair becomes less atractive.

BESIDES WHICH, did you fail to spot that a large protion of the main shell is missing i.e virtually ALL of the nose !!!!!!

So much for '' take a few screws out and replace the ribbon cable'', lol, to replace the shell means a COMPLETE dismantling  of the drone and that requires unslodering and resoldering the wiring.

2023-12-24
Use props
monkeyman9k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112730 ft
Thailand

just replace it yourself if it's still turning on and if especially still have connection
it's worth the risk since sending it to dji would cost an arm and a leg
just look online for mini 2 ribbon cable
2023-12-27
Use props
monkeyman9k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112730 ft
Thailand

also your middle shell is half gone might want to get that checked out and the propeller arm is also cracked

2023-12-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

monkeyman9k Posted at 12-27 07:26
just replace it yourself if it's still turning on and if especially still have connection
it's worth the risk since sending it to dji would cost an arm and a leg
just look online for mini 2 ribbon cable

DJI repairs are, in general, quite reasonably priced.
2023-12-27
Use props
djiuser_iHJ3WmlR3SET
New

United Kingdom

My gimbal has broke in a crash nothing else wrong can I replace the holder and the gimbal, I’ve watched some videos looks easy and I do computer repairs. I can’t find any gimbals for the mini 2 SE which is what I have, will the mini se or mini 2 setup fit or will it say incompatible as I don’t have some sort of software for it?
SEE PHOTOS BELOW thanks in advance
2023-12-27
Use props
djiuser_iHJ3WmlR3SET
New

United Kingdom

Posted before see above^ for some reason didn’t let me post photos
2023-12-27
Use props
djiuser_iHJ3WmlR3SET
New

United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-27 07:48
DJI repairs are, in general, quite reasonably priced.

Defo work for them
2023-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules