Dji rc vs rc pro signal strength range
3538 14 2023-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Anyone have both and have tested to see the signal range for both these controllers? Ive search on youtube and have not see anyone really tested these two controller head on. They only talk about it and say yeah because the rc pro have external antenna it have better signals blah blah blah but dont even show it in action. Forget talks, i want to see proof and action. I want to see the walk, not the talk. Only video on youtube that tired to test these two face to face, but he only tested until the controller give low battery rth, and didnt push till it loses signal. I wanted to see these two controller push till they lose signal going the same height and path so both will experience the same interference and see which one will do better and by how much better. Im sure the rc pro will go further but by how much. 100 ft further? 500 ft? 1,000? 10,000? No drone police saying dont fly over vlos please. Didnt pay thousands to fly within 500 ft  js
2023-5-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Check this one -
2023-5-23
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hell of a recommendation there buddy. I've never seen this locked out kind of content before. You have a better chance of me subscribing by not doing crap like this.
Kinda reminds me of the whole needle poke thing a year or two ago. I was all ready to take the jab myself. Then it started to become mandatory and I said to hell with that.
2023-5-23
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

For the OP here's a DIY comparison. The biggest difference I see is the RC Pro has twice as many antennas. 2 of which are external as you already said.
2023-5-23
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-23 17:40
Check this one - https://youtu.be/-XrRTDYqGNc

Cant watch your video. It keep asking to join members to view.

I am interested how much more range we can squeeze out of the rc pro vs rc controller so folks who care about range and signals strength can decide if they want to invest $1200 into the rc pro. Having more antenna doesnt actually means more range or signals strength. For me it must be at least 50% more range for me to spend 4 times the price. So say the rc controller can get 20,000 feet, the rc pro must be able to achieve 30,000 feet to be worth it. For me, the max i can get from the rc controller pair with the mavic 3 pro is 14,000 feet before having issues and 15,000 before lose signal and rth.
2023-5-23
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-23 18:29

I am interested how much more range we can squeeze out of the rc pro vs rc controller so folks who care about range and signals strength can decide if they want to invest $1200 into the rc pro. Having more antenna doesnt actually means more range or signals strength. For me it must be at least 50% more range for me to spend 4 times the price. So say the rc controller can get 20,000 feet, the rc pro must be able to achieve 30,000 feet to be worth it. For me, the max i can get from the rc controller pair with the mavic 3 pro is 14,000 feet before having issues and 15,000 before lose signal and rth.

The signal, in all honesty it is not the reason to upgrade the radio, but it is all the rest it offers...

There are better ways of increasing flying distance than the aerial in the RC Pro... Have you ever try to fly using 900Mhz or 433mhz? Perhaps using the dongle in the RC Pro that allows you to use G4, would better suit your needs... There are video on Internet on the subject...
2023-5-23
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-23 17:59
Hell of a recommendation there buddy. I've never seen this locked out kind of content before. You have a better chance of me subscribing by not doing crap like this.
Kinda reminds me of the whole needle poke thing a year or two ago. I was all ready to take the jab myself. Then it started to become mandatory and I said to hell with that.[view_image]

How to kill a youtube channel?

It is actually really simple:

Lets see how long it last...
2023-5-23
Use props
ME262
lvl.2
Australia

Pointless posting a link to a locked YouTube video. Self promotion at its worst.
2023-5-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

I didn't realize it was a members only video, sorry. No need for the flaming!!! Plus, there are MANY members only channels out there.
2023-5-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-23 18:29

Well, in his test, the RC Pro went almost twice as far as the RC. BUT, he was in a very signal unfriendly, tree filled location. RC Pro 402 meters. RC 200 meters. I do agree with Burt37, the RC Pro is SOOOO much better in so many other ways, it is well worth the extra dinero.
2023-5-23
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558517 ft
  • >>>
United States

I absolutely love my RC Pro and range ain't one of the reasons lol
2023-5-23
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I agree with others, range isn't even in the top 5 reasons to upgrade. Extra screen brightness, way faster chip on board, button layout, chick magnet, just to name a few. I didn't know it at first but indeed the RC Pro is a straight panty dropper when flying in public. I recently had a girl ask "Hey is that a 5 inch screen?" I looked up and said "nah.. 5.5 inches".
2023-5-23
Use props
ME262
lvl.2
Australia

tree filled location. RC Pro 402 meters. RC 200 meters.

That interesting. Most of the other video I have seen compare the distance in an open sky. Testing in/around trees seems to me to be a good indicator of the actual signal strength.
Maybe someone could do a test in different  environments in the one video.
2023-5-24
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
United States

Everyone have a different preference when upgrading. Some will care about the 1000 nits. Some will cate about the faster processor. Some will care about the 3rd party apps. Some will care about then 32gb internal storage. Some will care about the range. For me, 700 nits from the rc controller is enough so 1000 isn't a must. The rc is fast enough. Saving .01 seconds when going through the menu isn't worth $1200. I only need a remote for flying my drone so 3rd party app isn't needed. If I need to use 3rd party app, that's what my phone is for. 32gb storage isn't worth a thousand dallors in today's market. I can easily get 256gb for $20 on Amazon.  So last is range. Range and signal strength without losing signal and disconnected is most important.
2023-5-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I tested the RC Pro and the DJI RC. At the time of the test, it was a clear day, 100% unobstructed view, no buildings except for a single storey barn about 2km away but not directly under the flight path. The flight path was the exact same for both flights and they were back-to-back using the Mini 3 Pro and in CE mode, the flight path is the exact same for all my range testing.
On that particular day
DJI RC was easily over 4km
RC PRO was somewhere around 3km, i can't be 100% sure but i think it was under the 3km mark on that day, i think it was more like 2.8km.

A couple of days before that test, the RC Pro did achieve 3.8km but then the N1 managed 5.1km, on another previous day the DJI RC managed 5.48km.

The RC Pro did not once hit the 4km in the week i had it before i sent it back. I was not impressed, it think it did outperform both the DJI RC and the N1 for urban flight though but we ain't talking much further though,, but that wasn't the only reason, my main reason for wanting this RC was for the HDMI output and it would not consistently connect to my original DJI Goggles, so for those reasons and the mickey mouse maps, it went straight back to Amazon.
2023-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules