2139 20 2023-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UAViator53
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

M30T- Can the user turn Air Sense on and off? Nothing in the manual.

2023-5-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, UAViator53. Thank you for reaching out. The ADS-B (DJI AirSense) function in the Matrice 30 Series cannot be separately disabled or enabled. The ADS-B function will only report an alarm when there is a safety risk. The ADS-B function has always been there, but the logic has changed.
How to enable the ADS-B (DJI Airsense) function in the Matrice 30 Series:

Notes:
1) The angle denotes the horizontal angle of the connection line between the airliner and the aircraft.
2) Conditions to trigger ADS-B: The three conditions must be fulfilled simultaneously for triggering.
2023-5-23
Use props
UAViator53
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-23 19:12
Hi, UAViator53. Thank you for reaching out. The ADS-B (DJI AirSense) function in the Matrice 30 Series cannot be separately disabled or enabled. The ADS-B function will only report an alarm when there is a safety risk. The ADS-B function has always been there, but the logic has changed.
[view_image]

If I understand correctly,  AirSense is always on?
2023-5-23
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

UAViator53 Posted at 5-23 19:15
If I understand correctly,  AirSense is always on?

ADS-B receiver is always on/listening BUT be careful manned aviation sometimes turn transponder off...
2023-5-24
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-23 19:12
Hi, UAViator53. Thank you for reaching out. The ADS-B (DJI AirSense) function in the Matrice 30 Series cannot be separately disabled or enabled. The ADS-B function will only report an alarm when there is a safety risk. The ADS-B function has always been there, but the logic has changed.
[view_image]

Are those levels the same on M300?
2023-5-24
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13335725 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another classic oxymoron from DJI Support

"The function cannot be disabled or enabled.... Here's how to enable it..."

73209102.jpg

With the M300 my experience with DJI AirSense is terrible. I've never had a manned aircraft warning last longer than 2 or 3 seconds. Usually it flashes for a second or less, then disappears for 4-5. Then flash very briefly just to disappear once more. Over and over. By the time the map opens the location of the aircraft is long gone. I know there's an aircraft somewhere around because I can hear it with my ears. I don't need a distracting audio/visual on the RC telling me the obvious but is no help in locating. So now the RC stays muted for when this happens. Meaning I could miss an actual important warning because the RC is muted.
2023-5-24
Use props
UAViator53
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-24 18:20

Thanks. I've flown DJI since 2015 w/o any spiffy warnings; just my ears and eyeballs. Just wanted to understand every aspect of the aircraft I fly. Old commercial pilot habit.
2023-5-24
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

UAViator53 Posted at 5-24 18:24
Thanks. I've flown DJI since 2015 w/o any spiffy warnings; just my ears and eyeballs. Just wanted to understand every aspect of the aircraft I fly. Old commercial pilot habit.

Like a lot of things drones, none of this makes sense. So UAV's are by law required to yield and give right of way to manned aircraft. I 100% agree with this and I think we all do. On the other hand, we have Remote ID now that is mandatory to broadcast at all times for the world to see. Manned aviation has the choice of broadcasting ADSB signals only if they want to. So the one with the right of way can technically see every pedestrian at all times, but it's up to the driver if he wants share his location with the one who is required to yield. It'd be similar to walking across a busy freeway blindfolded while trying to yield the right of way to traffic.
2023-5-24
Use props
UAViator53
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-24 18:45
Like a lot of things drones, none of this makes sense. So UAV's are by law required to yield and give right of way to manned aircraft. I 100% agree with this and I think we all do. On the other hand, we have Remote ID now that is mandatory to broadcast at all times for the world to see. Manned aviation has the choice of broadcasting ADSB signals only if they want to. So the one with the right of way can technically see every pedestrian at all times, but it's up to the driver if he wants share his location with the one who is required to yield. It'd be similar to walking across a busy freeway blindfolded while trying to yield the right of way to traffic.

FAA nonsense is the law of the land. I suspect in 20-30 years or so UAS will be fully integrated in the National airspace system, for better or for worse.

I won't be alive to see it but it will happen.
2023-5-24
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
lvl.4
Belgium

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-24 18:45
Like a lot of things drones, none of this makes sense. So UAV's are by law required to yield and give right of way to manned aircraft. I 100% agree with this and I think we all do. On the other hand, we have Remote ID now that is mandatory to broadcast at all times for the world to see. Manned aviation has the choice of broadcasting ADSB signals only if they want to. So the one with the right of way can technically see every pedestrian at all times, but it's up to the driver if he wants share his location with the one who is required to yield. It'd be similar to walking across a busy freeway blindfolded while trying to yield the right of way to traffic.

The best of all is that RemoteId ( at least in EU ) is not even compatible with any current existing systems...only remoteID receptors.
2023-5-24
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
lvl.4
Belgium

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-24 18:20

I had some positive experiences with it when flying above a small regional airport ( customer was the airport ). You were able to clearly identify aircrafts coming your way 5-6 sec prior to visual contact.
2023-5-24
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 5-24 23:54
I had some positive experiences with it when flying above a small regional airport ( customer was the airport ). You were able to clearly identify aircrafts coming your way 5-6 sec prior to visual contact.

Maybe it's just the way Pilot 2 handles DJI AirSense. On my Mavic Air 2 it has always worked great.
2023-5-25
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
lvl.4
Belgium

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-25 03:42
Maybe it's just the way Pilot 2 handles DJI AirSense. On my Mavic Air 2 it has always worked great.

There was an update that removed the annoying warnings when airliner was flying 6000ft above your location.
Maybe check the release notes, since then I had a few warnings but few encounters too.
2023-5-25
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 5-25 03:57
There was an update that removed the annoying warnings when airliner was flying 6000ft above your location.
Maybe check the release notes, since then I had a few warnings but few encounters too.

Oh ok. I haven't done but one flight with the M300 since the latest update. AirSense must be turned off on my M3E because I can't remember ever seeing a warning in to 50+ hours I've logged with it. I never really thought about it until now.
2023-5-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

UAViator53 Posted at 5-23 19:15
If I understand correctly,  AirSense is always on?

Hi there. Yes, it is.
2023-5-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 5-24 00:38
Are those levels the same on M300?

Hi, AR_AirPrecision. Let me verify this with our relevant team.
2023-5-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 5-24 00:38
Are those levels the same on M300?

Hi, AR_AirPrecision. Thank you for patiently waiting. This is the ADS-B function logic for Matrice 300 RTK:

Hope this helps.
2023-5-29
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-29 06:45
Hi, AR_AirPrecision. Thank you for patiently waiting. This is the ADS-B function logic for Matrice 300 RTK:
[view_image]
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information!
2023-5-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 5-29 23:52
Thanks for the information!

You're most welcome, AR_AirPrecision. Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum. Have a good one!
2023-6-1
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-1 04:19
You're most welcome, AR_AirPrecision. Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum. Have a good one!

Maybe add the info in the M300 manual :-)
2023-6-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 6-5 23:32
Maybe add the info in the M300 manual :-)

Hi, AR_AirPrecision. I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. Thank you for your support.
2023-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules