1330 10 2023-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I finally got around to taking the Mavic 3 Pro Cine out for a quick spin this afternoon.  The RC Pro that came with the drone though was a bit of a disappointment.  The right antenna would not stay up on it's own, and would flop back to the top of the controller.  This is unlike the RC Pro's, Smart Controller, and RC Pro Enterprise that I have used with other drones.  I think maybe I just got a bad one - and created a warranty case and already got shipped back today.  

Just started wondering though - I just want to confirm that this is not normal.  Anyone else have RC Pro antennas that fail to stay extended?  Just comparing notes here.

2023-5-23
Use props
Viridis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah my rc pro does not work like this.
Each antenna will go into each position with a snap-to predetermined positions.
If yours is loose, its not correct.
2023-5-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Viridis Posted at 5-24 00:48
Yeah my rc pro does not work like this.
Each antenna will go into each position with a snap-to predetermined positions.
If yours is loose, its not correct.

Thank you Viridis.  Yeah, that makes me glad I sent that controller back.  Not starting out on the wrong foot.
2023-5-24
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Same here should lock into place. Glad you are getting it resolved under warranty.
2023-5-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Sounds as though the spring is missing or not connected. It should snap into place.
2023-5-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 5-24 06:47
Same here should lock into place. Glad you are getting it resolved under warranty.

Thank you for the confirmation.  Yes, it was unlike my other RC Pro's, but I just started doubting myself.  : )
2023-5-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-24 06:49
Sounds as though the spring is missing or not connected. It should snap into place.

That sounds exactly like what it was.  Well, I wouldn't mind if they just fixed that unit and sent it back.  : )
2023-5-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, TonyPHX. Thank you for reaching out. If the right antenna is loose, please send the controller to us for proper diagnosis. If you already created a case, please wait for the shipping label that will be sent to your email address within 24-48 hours. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-5-25
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-25 00:16
Hi, TonyPHX. Thank you for reaching out. If the right antenna is loose, please send the controller to us for proper diagnosis. If you already created a case, please wait for the shipping label that will be sent to your email address within 24-48 hours. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Yes, I created a case, got the label and shipped already.  Looking forward to getting it back, fixed!  
2023-5-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 5-25 06:39
Yes, I created a case, got the label and shipped already.  Looking forward to getting it back, fixed!

Thanks for the update, TonyPHX. Hopefully, you'll get a fixed one soon!
2023-5-26
Use props
fans996607ad
lvl.1

Canada

I have also experienced this issue, with very few hours on the remote. It was always handled very gently, and stored in a hard plastic case with foam inserts. I guess I'll say now that my subjective feeling towards the new Mavic 3 Build quality, coming from the original Mavic Pro, the 3 feels substantially 'flimsier,' the plastic casing is more reminiscent of a cheap plastic toy drone, thinner, with way more flex. Of course some may argue that it's just down to weight savings and that may be true but I can't help but feeling like they started looking at 'cutting costs.' Having said that the support recieved after sending the remote back in for service has been pretty good so far but I'll have to say once I have the remote back in my hands if it was indeed a quick fix or not.

Also I am hoping that I get the same exact remote back, I had installed a nice screen protector on it. Recently I had the same issue with a GoPro(Unrelated company I know) but it's like I sent in my brand new gopro which had developed a problem and the camera was MINT and meanwhile they sent back some refurbished thing all scuffed up, and of course no screen protector. If i get some bruised up used remote after sending in my more or less brand new one I'm gonna be raising a fuss because this should have never happened in the first place.
2-19 12:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules