Air 2S lost signal and crashed
1236 9 2023-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Setya
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hi All,

I've flown drones for couple months and got this accident.
I flew my mavic air 2s in crowded area, near the tall buildings, then my drone lost signal to the RC, then in few second crashed because hit the lamp post.
I set the RTH to 20 m, the lamp post is around 15 m heigth.
I don't know way the done can't do the RTH, looks like the obstacle didn't detected before the crashed.

Is there anyone that can look at my logs?
Please check my log that I uploaded to airdata.Log screenshot from airdata :

FlightRecord.jpg
This is the link for detail log: https://app.airdata.com/share/nrseWX

I also uploaded the log to www.phantomhelp.com, and I saw if the visionused was changed from TRUE to FALSE.
Is the visionused related with the obstacle detection?
Log screenshoot from csv :

VisionUsed.jpg

I've attached detail csv log from www.phantomhelp.com

This is the last video before the crashed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vHMiGhcBWMLB0i-QAkjklrVBPpNZqGQ6/view?usp=sharing
The camera stop recording before the crashed, I don't know why the camera not keep recording when the drone fall.

Can anyone help to explain what happened?

Thanks in advance

DJIFlightRecord_2023-05-19_[10-20-38].rar

161.59 KB, Down times: 5

2023-5-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry to hear about the crash. May we know did you submit the online repair request and send it back? Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair?from=store_homepage If the aircraft is still under warranty period, you can also apply for data analysis services, a corresponding offer will be provided based on the result.
2023-5-24
Use props
Setya
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-24 01:00
Hello, there. Sorry to hear about the crash. May we know did you submit the online repair request and send it back? Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair?from=store_homepage If the aircraft is still under warranty period, you can also apply for data analysis services, a corresponding offer will be provided based on the result.

Hello, thank you for your advice. I will try to send to service center.
2023-5-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Setya Posted at 5-24 20:12
Hello, thank you for your advice. I will try to send to service center.

Thanks for your reply. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2023-5-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

In your PH csv log no disconnect, last record 5m36.1s. No RTH in the log.
So there must be another flightlog after this one, nah   no more logs....
You did only loose your screen, but still in RC contact so in full control.
|  Record: 3326  |  Weak image transmission signal. Adjust antennas | Weak signal. Adjust antennas  |  

OSD.isVisionUsed = TRUE  when there is no GPS lock, thus vision is used for stability.
Has nothing to do with OA.

Looks like you just flew against the pole.

Your flight was started with zero satellites!  that is why you could not fly high.At 50s homepoint was set.

cheers
JJB

2023-5-25
Use props
Ken Bradley
lvl.1

Australia

Hello, I need assistance my replacement drone was sent out under replacement DJI care, the replacement drone seems to always have signal loss. I thought it was to do with the airport in our town but the drone I sent back never has this issues. I tested the drone today on my parents farm and again loss of signal and the drone wants to land. Last week it landed on my roof. Can anyone confirm what I’m doing wrong with this drone?
2023-5-27
Use props
Ken Bradley
lvl.1

Australia

Hello, I need assistance my replacement drone was sent out under replacement DJI care, the replacement drone seems to always have signal loss. I thought it was to do with the airport in our town but the drone I sent back never has this issues. I tested the drone today on my parents farm and again loss of signal and the drone wants to land. Last week it landed on my roof. Can anyone confirm what I’m doing wrong with this drone?
2023-5-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ken Bradley Posted at 5-27 02:04
Hello, I need assistance my replacement drone was sent out under replacement DJI care, the replacement drone seems to always have signal loss. I thought it was to do with the airport in our town but the drone I sent back never has this issues. I tested the drone today on my parents farm and again loss of signal and the drone wants to land. Last week it landed on my roof. Can anyone confirm what I’m doing wrong with this drone?

Hi, I am sorry to read about the issue. May I know the distance the drone could reach to generally?
Flight distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, the wireless interference and the obstacles between the controller and aircraft will affect the signal.
Please check the transmission quality in the DJI Fly app see the quality of the current channel, change the channel if necessary. And please make sure both the drone and controller have been updated to the latest firmware. Avoid obstacles between the drone and the controller.
If the issue exists frequently at a short distance, you may need to send it back again for further diagnosis. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2023-5-27
Use props
Ken Bradley
lvl.1

Australia

Hello, thanks for your reply, todays distance was 100 feet, last time when it landed on our roof was 20 feet. My last drone before replacement never had the issues. Today 100
Feet was a farm with clear vision of the drone.
2023-5-27
Use props
Setya
lvl.1

Indonesia

JJB* Posted at 5-25 07:33
Hi,

In your PH csv log no disconnect, last record 5m36.1s. No RTH in the log.

Hello
Thank you for your respond.
I can't check the logs because the drone already sent to service center.
Yes correct, the drone flew and hit the pole, I don't know why the censor didn't detect the obstacle.

Thanks

2023-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules